About the XM Direct 2 Kenwood Car Kit
Use your home computer to program the Direct2 tuner for your Kenwood receiver you can reprogram this adapter to work with another brand in the future. Once connected, you'll be able to change channels and see programming information on your stereo's display.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location.
- XM car satellite radio for select Kenwood receivers
- includes Kenwood connecting cable
- includes XM tuner
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- This XMDirect² package includes two separate products: the CNP2000UCA Vehicle Tuner with car kit and the CNPKEN1 Kenwood XMDirect² Connection cable.
- The CNP2000UCA package includes:
- XMDirect² Vehicle Tuner with attached 42" cable
- Protocol Interface Adapter
- Snap-on cover for PIA
- 6' USB Programming cable (USB Type A connector on one end and proprietary XM connector on the other)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 22' cable (single SMB connector)
- Antenna cable rubber bumper
- Alcohol prep pad
- Installation Guide (English/ Spanish/ French)
- Computer connection instructions
- The Kenwood XMDirect² Connection cable package includes:
- XMDirect2 connection cable for Kenwood XM-ready car stereos (harness has 3' din cable terminated by a male 13-pin connector and yellow/black power/ground wires)
- 13" Yellow power wire with in-line fuse holder and 1-amp fuse
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct 2 Kenwood Car Kit
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: This package includes the Audiovox CNP2000UCA XMDirect² Tuner/Protocol Interface Adapter/antenna (item number 220CNP2UCA) and the Audiovox XMDirect² Kenwood CNPKEN1 Connection Cable (item number 220CNPKEN1). With this package, you can install XM Satellite Radio with your compatible, satellite-ready Kenwood car stereo receiver. In addition to the hardware, you will need a subscription to XM Satellite Radio in order to receive programming.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers over 170 digital radio channels including commercial free music channels, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers traffic and weather alerts for several major US cities (24 cities as of 6/29/10), as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing, and several major college conferences.
Compatibility: As the firmware is released to complete the compatibility between the XMDirect² tuner and a specific head unit, this package is added to the accessory list for the head unit; please check there to confirm compatibility.
Installation Overview: The XM Vehicle Tuner plugs directly into the Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA). The CNPKEN1 cable plugs between your XM-ready radio and the PIA via a 34-pin connection. You must also mount the magnetic antenna on the roof or trunk of your vehicle, and route the cable to the tuner (inside the vehicle). Before installation, you must download the proper radio model protocol to the PIA from the XMDirect² website (firmware will not be available for all satellite ready radios, but if this package is listed as an accessory for your radio, it is compatible and the correct firmware is available on the audiovox.com/xmdirect/ website). This requires connecting your PC to the PIA via the supplied USB Programming cable and accessing the Internet.
Note: You must have Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 installed on your PC for programming the PIA. The operating system must be the 32 bit version. The software is not compatible with 64 bit versions.
Dimensions: The XMDirect² components have the following dimensions:
- Width: 3.71"
- Height: 0.70"
- Depth: 2.05"
- Magnetic Antenna:
- Width: 1.41"
- Length: 1.74"
- Height: 0.53"
- Cable Length: 22'
- Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA):
- Width: 2.78"
- Height: 0.85"
- Depth: 4.65"