About the XM Direct Satellite Radio Package
This handy package gives you everything you need to play XM through your compatible Pioneer in-dash stereo. It features the XM Direct radio, an XM antenna, and the adapter box and cable you'll need to connect the radio to your Pioneer stereo. Check the compatibility chart in the "Details" tab to see if this package will work with your Pioneer.
The XM Direct radio is compact, so it'll fit neatly in a convenient spot under the passenger seat is a typical location. The antenna mounts snugly on the roof of your vehicle, thanks to its strong magnetic base. The adapter box is small enough to sit behind the dash, and the cable plugs right into your Pioneer stereo's input.
Once the XM Direct radio is connected, you can use your Pioneer to select channels (by category or station number) and view station information (artist, album title, track title, channel number, or channel name) on its readout.
The XM Direct radio is a universal application. It also works with compatible Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, and Panasonic stereos. Should you ever switch the brand of your stereo, you'll only have to buy a new adapter cable (for the appropriate brand), rather than replacing the XM Direct radio entirely. An XM subscription is also required.
- XM Direct XM radio
- Pioneer adapter cable
- roof-mount XM antenna with 19.75-ft. cable
- single-cable antenna connection
- select channel name, channel number, artist, song title, or category name to appear on receiver's display
- channel scan/search
- channel presets
- dimensions: 4-1/2"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-1/8"D (tuner); 3-3/16" x 1-1/4" x 6-1/2" (adapter box); 1-13/16"W x 11/16"H x 2-3/8"D (antenna)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (for satellite-ready car stereos)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 19.75' cable (terminating into an SMB connector)
- 4 Plastic wire ties
- XMD1000 Installation Guide
- XM101 Channel Guide
- XMDPIO110 XMDirect Smart Digital Adapter for Pioneer car stereos
- 39" DIN cable (for connection between adapter and XMD1000 tuner)
- 39" RCA patch cord (for connection between adapter and XMD1000 tuner)
- XMDPIO110 Installation Guide
XM Direct Satellite Radio Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct Satellite Radio Package
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This package includes the Terk XMDPIO110 Smart Digital Adapter and the XMD1000 Terk XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner with an antenna. The XMDPIO110 allows you to connect the tuner to a compatible, satellite-ready Pioneer car stereo receiver with changer controls.
Compatibility: The adapter manual and packaging includes a list of compatible Pioneer receivers. As new models are introduced, this list will grow accordingly:
Antenna: The XMD1000 includes an ultra-thin Micro Antenna with a 19-3/4' cable. The strong magnetic base securely attaches the antenna to the vehicle. Best reception is achieved with the antenna mounted on a metal surface of the vehicle roof in the center of an area with at least 12" x 12" of surface area, and a minimum of 6" from a window or sunroof. Antenna Dimensions: Width=1.769", Height=0.654", Depth=2.323".
CD Changer Integration: If the XMD1000 XMDirect Satellite Tuner and XMDPIO110 Smart Digital Adapter are installed, a CD changer cannot be added.
Installation Note: Because of cable lengths, the XMDPIO110 should be installed behind the dash within 3 feet of the XMD1000 tuner.
XMDPIO110 Inputs and Outputs:
- To Pioneer Head Unit:
- IP-Bus: A 40" Cable enables the receiver to control the XM Tuner and carries the audio signal (at the receiver end a 12 volt connection is needed and at the adapter end a ground connection is needed)
- To XMD1000 Tuner:
- Audio Cable: A 39" Stereo RCA cable carries audio from the satellite tuner
- Control: A 39" P13 (8-pin DIN) cable carries control commands to the tuner from the Pioneer receiver
XMD1000 Inputs and Outputs: The XMD1000 has only 3 connections:
- Antenna: SMB connector
- Controller/Head Unit: P13 connector (an 8-pin DIN connector), 12V DC, 500mA maximum
- Audio Output: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks (manual incorrectly states this is a 3.5mm mini-jack)