About the Yamaha High Output Gym Sound System Bundle
Work out in style with this Yamaha gym sound system
Work out in style with this Yamaha gym sound system
These days, a workout space can be anything: a CrossFit® space in a garage, a cycle studio in a large gym space, a Barre studio, or a boutique gym. You might need meditative music for focused yoga in one class, then high-energy rock that helps your clients push through five more reps in the next. Whatever your needs may be, this gym sound system bundle offers everything you need to fill your workout space with inspiring tunes.
It's cost-effective, easy to set up, and supported for life by our tech specialists. We've made it our business to understand what your business needs. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Powered speakers for convenient, clean, and compelling sound
The four Yamaha DBR12 powered speakers in this package deliver plenty of "oomph" for workout spaces large or small. Each compact speaker uses a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers up to 1000 watts to a 12" woofer and a 1.4" compression-driver tweeter. Yamaha's digital signal processing gives you a range of options to maximize the impact of your workout tunes, including a 2-position high-pass filter that cuts bass for speech applications or use with a subwoofer.
The included Shure SCM262 mixer has plenty of inputs, so you can use your own music sources.
Connect and control your music sources
The Shure SCM262 mixer lets you connect just about any music source you can think of. Plug a microphone into one of its mic inputs, and your trainers can be heard loud and clear as they lead classes. Each source has a dedicated volume control, so you can tailor the mix to individual preferences throughout the day. If you want to pair your phone to this system, you can plug this Bluetooth receiver (not included) into one of the mic channels on the Shure mixer and stream music without plugging in.
Keep your floors clear
The last thing you want is customers worrying about tripping over a speaker stand when they should be concentrating on their fitness goals. Gator Frameworks wall-mount speaker stands hold up to 100 pounds each so you can keep your speakers out of sight and out of mind. You can adjust each stand across a wide angle so you can aim your speakers for best results. For safety, each stand features an adjustable rubberized bar that holds the speaker from behind to keep the enclosure rock steady.
Power protection and wiring included
The Furman SS-6B surge protector is more than just a "power strip." Sure, it lets you plug in all of your equipment in one place, but it also features protective circuitry that keeps your system from being damaged if the building's power supply fluctuates unexpectedly — think dimming, flickering, and power loss during thunderstorms. We've also thrown in all of the connecting cables and wires you'll need, so you can be up and running in no time.
The music source
Ask your Crutchfield Advisor about options for a music source. Our customers can get three months of free licensed music via our partnership with Rockbot. If you use a standard CD player or another consumer-grade music player, you should contact all performance rights organizations to secure the appropriate licenses.
Get a free system design
- powerful, easy-to-use sound system lets you incorporate your music into a workout space
Four Yamaha DBR12 Powered Speakers:
- 12" woofer and 1.4" compression-driver tweeter
- 1000-watt (peak) Class D amplifier
- 2-way contour switch
- 2-position high-pass filter
- XLR output for connecting other powered speakers
- dimensions: 23-3/4"H x 14-7/8"W x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 34.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Shure SCM262 Mixer:
- three line-level stereo inputs and two mic inputs
- lets you combine music sources with instructor microphone (not included)
- individual volume control for each source
- dimensions: 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-7/16"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
Power and Wiring:
- all necessary wiring included
- two 50-foot RapcoHorizon cables (1/4" TRS male to XLR male) — connect mixer to speakers 1 and 2
- two 50-foot lengths Whirlwind Connect XLR cable — connect speakers 1 and 2 to speakers 3 and 4
- Hosa minijack-to-RCA cable lets you use your smartphone as a source
- Furman SS-6B features 6 AC outlets and protects your valuable equipment
Gator Frameworks Wall-mount Speaker Stands (2 pairs):
- support up to 100 lbs. each (mounting screws/hardware not included)
- compatible with pole-mounted speakers
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- The Yamaha High Output Gym System includes four Yamaha powered loudspeakers along with Gator Frameworks wall-mount brackets and a Shure stereo mixer. Also included in the bundle are a Furman surge protector - Hosa cable adapter - a 50-foot XLR cable and a 50-foot 1/4" to XLR cable (all individually packaged).
- Each Yamaha DBR12 speaker box includes:
- DBR12 2-way powered loudspeaker
- 8.25' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (French)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
- General Specifications sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
- The Shure mixer box includes:
- Stereo mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Short rack-mount bracket
- Long rack-mount bracket
- 2 Straddle brackets
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Rack-mount screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic washers
- 10 Bracket screws (6mm length)
- 4 Wood screws (1/2" length)
- User Guide
- Cable Connector Information Sheet
- Limited Warranty
- Each Gator Frameworks wall-mount bracket box includes:
- 2 Wall-mount speaker brackets
- The Furman SS-6B surge suppressor box includes:
- SS-6B surge suppressor with attached 15' power cord
- Safety and Warranty Information sheet
- The Hosa stereo breakout adapter package includes:
- 6' Stereo minijack to RCA cable (male female 3.5mm connector on one end and two male RCA connectors on other end)
- Each Whirlwind XLR cable package includes:
- 50' Mic cable (w/ a male XLR connector on one end and a female XLR connector on other end)
- Cable tie
- Each RapcoHorizon cable package includes:
- 50' balanced-line Lo-Z mic cable (terminated by a male 1/4" connector on one end and a male XLR connector on other end)
More details on the Yamaha High Output Gym Sound System Bundle
Overview: The Yamaha High Output Gym System includes the following items:
- Four Yamaha DBR12 powered PA speakers
- Shure SCM262 stereo mixer
- Furman SS-6B power strip surge suppressor
- 2 pairs Gator Frameworks wall-mount speaker brackets
- Hosa 3.5mm-to-Dual RCA cable (6')
- Two RapcoHorizon 1/4"-to-XLR cables (50')
- Two Whirlwind XLR cables (50')
Warranty Information: The items in the Yamaha High Output Gym System are covered by full manufacturer's warranties for the following terms:
- Yamaha: 7 Years
- Gator Frameworks: 3 Years
- Shure: 1 Year
- Furman: 1 Year
- Hosa: Lifetime
- RapcoHorizon: Lifetime
- Whirlwind: Lifetime
DBR Series Overview: The Yamaha DBR series of powered loudspeakers deliver powerful, high-quality sound. They use the same state-of-the-art Yamaha DSP, amplifier, and speaker technologies as the professional DSR and DXR series. These versatile speakers can be used for live performances, DJ-ing, or public address, and can be placed at front-of-house on a pole stand, on the floor on the end or side for stage monitoring, or suspended in rigged applications.
DBR12: The 2-way DBR12 is equipped with a 12" cone woofer and a 1" throat/1.4" diaphragm compression-driver tweeter, mounted in a bass-reflex type black plastic enclosure. The speaker features 90° horizontal and 60° vertical coverage. It is powered by 2-channel Class D amplifier with 1000 watts (dynamic) / 465 watts (continuous) output, capable of delivering a maximum SPL of 131 dB. The drivers are separately amplified, with 800 watts (dynamic) going to the woofer and 200 watts (dynamic) to the tweeter. (Continuous power distribution is 400 watts and 65 watts, respectively.)
Crossover: The 2-way speaker features a 2.1 kHz FIR-X tuning (linear phase FIR filter) crossover.
Inputs/Outputs: The DBR12 has two inputs and one output for daisy-chaining speakers together. Input 1 features a female XLR-1/4" combo connector with a Mic-Line switch and a rotary level knob. Input 2, a line input, also features a female XLR-1/4" combo connector, plus a stereo RCA pair, and a rotary level knob. The output connector is a male XLR, with a 2-position switch. With the switch in the OUT position, the speaker outputs Channel 1 audio only. In the IN position, the speaker will output a mix of Channels 1 and 2.
DSP: The built-in Yamaha Digital Signal Processor features two controls on the back panel:
- D-Contour: The D-Contour applies the proper amount of
processing depending upon the placement of the speaker. The 3-way switch
lets you select the following:
- FOH (front-of-house) / Main: Applies a boost to both the bass and treble for a balanced full-range sound.
- Monitor: Applies a boost to the treble, but cuts the bass so you can hear yourself without being overpowered by the bass.
- Off: Turns off the D-Contour.
- High-pass Filter (HPF): Applies a high-pass filter with a selectable roll-off at 120Hz or 100Hz. You can also turn off the HPF for full-range sound.
Protection: The DBR12 has built-in protection to keep your speaker operating for years. The amplifier has a limiter that will keep the input levels from reaching an excessive level causing distortion and clipping. The amp's protection circuit monitors the internal temperature, as well as DC-fault, Output Current, and Output Voltage. When the levels get out of range, the amplifier's protection circuit will mute the speaker until the levels return to normal range.
Placement Options: The versatile DBR12 is equipped with a rugged, but portable cabinet, with a top handle for easy carrying. The speaker can be placed upright on its sturdy feet, or placed on its side and used as a 50° angled wedge for onstage floor monitoring. The DBR12's cabinet is symmetrical, so you can place them on either side in a mirror-mode for floor monitoring or stereo sound field setups. It has a standard 35mm pole socket on the bottom for pole mounting. On the bottom of the speaker, two threaded screw holes are provided for use with M8 x 15mm eye bolts or screws for suspending the speaker. Another M8 threaded screw hole is provided on the back of the cabinet to be used as a pullback point for angling the speaker up to 45° when suspended. Optional Yamaha speaker brackets are also available for rigged applications.
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 52 Hz - 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 131 dB
- Coverage (H x V): 90° x 60°
- Power Rating: 465 watts RMS (Low 400W, High 65W), 1000 watts peak (Low 800W, High 200W)
- Input: Input 1: Combo (1); Input 2: Combo (1), RCA (unbalanced)
- Output: XLR3-32 (1) (Ch1 Parallel through or Ch1+Ch2 mix)
- Dimensions: Width 14", Height 23.7", Depth 13.7"
- Weight: 34.8 pounds
Overview: The Shure SCM262 Stereo Mixer is designed for integrating microphones and consumer stereo products in commercial applications. The SCM262 can be used in restaurants, health clubs, corporate boardrooms, and classrooms. It is simple to use, and has some helpful features for smaller applications. The mixer comes with rack mounting brackets and hardware.
Inputs: The SCM262 includes one balanced XLR mic input, and another with either a balanced XLR mic or 1/4" TRS line input. Each mic input has a separate front panel gain controls. The mixer also has three stereo inputs, each with left and right RCA jacks. These can be used for connecting a CD/DVD player, jukebox, TV, or other audio source.
Outputs: The mixer has one balanced stereo mic/line output with two 1/4" TRS connectors, and one unbalanced stereo output (AUX) with two RCA jacks.
DIP Switches: The SCM262's back panel features a row of DIP switches that allow you to adjust the mixer for specific applications. The DIP switches control the following functions:
Left Output Mic/Line
Right Output Mic/Line
Mic 1 Ducking
Mic 2 Ducking
Stereo 3 Jukebox mute
Ducking: The Ducking feature automatically lowers the gain of all of the stereo inputs when someone is speaking into either Mic 1 or Mic 2. This quiets the music being played from a stereo source and allows announcements or pages to be clearly heard from one of the microphones. Using the DIP switches, you can enable ducking from either Mic 1 or Mic 2 or both. You can also select the level of the ducking using the DIP switches: -∞ (minus infinity) or -20dB. The ducking activation time is 10 ms and deactivation time is 2 seconds.
Stereo 3 Jukebox Mute: The Jukebox Mute feature is enabled through the DIP switches. When turned on, any source connected to the Stereo 3 input will automatically mute the audio coming from Stereo 1 or Stereo 2 inputs. This allows you to have background music from a CD player or other source playing through the sound system as long as the Jukebox is idle. When someone plays music on the Jukebox, the other music sources are muted. Stereo 1 and 2 inputs will remain muted for about 30 seconds to allow the jukebox to move to the next song. When the Jukebox becomes idle for more than 30 seconds, the program material from Stereo 1 and 2 will resume.
Phantom Power: Condenser microphones require a separate power source to operate. By switching on the Phantom Power DIP switch, 12 V phantom power is applied to both of the Mic inputs. Phantom power does not affect the operation of dynamic microphones, so you can connect a dynamic mic to the mixer when the Phantom power is on.
Bass/Treble Controls: The SCM262 features front panel bass and treble controls. The bass control can adjust the lower frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 250Hz. The treble control adjusts the higher frequencies from -6dB to +6dB at 4kHz.
Mounting: The Shure SCM262 stereo mixer can be used in a stand-alone installation, permanently affixed, or mounted into an equipment rack:
- Stand-Alone: The mixer comes with four rubber feet that can be adhered to the bottom of the unit to keep it from sliding and to protect the table/shelf surface.
- Fixed Installation: Two metal straddle brackets (supplied) can be attached to the top or bottom outer edges using the supplied 6mm bracket screws. This allows you to permanently attach the mixer to the top of a shelf, or hanging below a flat surface.
- Rack Mounting: The mixer can be mounted as a single unit in a standard equipment rack, or dual-mounted with another half-rack unit, using the supplied rack-mount brackets. If mounted as a single unit, you will use the supplied short and long mounting brackets. If dual-mounted, the two short brackets and straddle brackets are used. The SCM262 requires 1U of rack space.
- Frequency Response:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 150Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- AUX Inputs: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Low-Cut Filter: 3dB down at 80Hz, 6dB/octave
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.25% at +4dBu output level
- Dimensions: Width 8.645", Height 1.723", Depth 6.415"
- Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces
Overview: The Furman SS-6B is a heavy duty 6-outlet power strip with a flexible 15-foot power cord (straight 3-pronged plug). Its heavy duty metal construction can withstand the rigors of professional stage usage. The SS-6B features standard level surge protection and EMI/RFI filtering to reduce distortion and hum from the AC line. It has an illuminated on/off/reset switch and a built-in circuit breaker. A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Speaker Wall Mount Brackets: The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-WM100 wall-mount brackets are made of sturdy aluminum, and can handle speakers up to 100 pounds. They can be adjusted for different angles. The foam-padded speaker base plate adjusts from 5.5" to 10.5". The brackets have a 35mm (1.38") diameter speaker mount. The rubberized mounting surface protects your speaker from scratches. Dimensions: Minimum height 26", Minimum width 5.5", Maximum width 12", Weight 5 pounds.
RapcoHorizon BLC-50MS: The RapcoHorizon BLC-50MS is a 50-foot balanced cable that has hand-soldered metal 1/4" TRS and XLR Male connectors. The cable uses two 24-gauge copper conductors with a bare annealed copper serve shield. The outer jacket is made with a durable and flexible matte PVC compound.
- Outside Diameter: 0.23"
- Capacitance: 21 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Conductor-Shield Capacitance: 37 pF/ft @ 1 kHz
- Characteristic Impedance: 70Ω nominal
- DC Resistance: 23Ω / 1000'
Whirlwind Connect Series: The Whirlwind MIC50 microphone cable is part of the MIC series that offers great value. The cable has a black PVC jacket with polyethylene insulation, and is terminated with male and female XLR connectors. It comes with a hook-and-loop cable tie to keep them neat for storage. These imported cables are available in four lengths: 3', 10', 25', and 50'. This cable is 50' in length.
1 question already asked