About the Yak Power YP-RP5CS3
Build a serious 12-volt system for your kayak
Build a serious 12-volt system for your kayak
Yak Power's line of 12-volt kayak gear gives you the water-resistant, plug-and-play solutions you need to install the gear you need for your outdoor adventures. This "Serious" bundle pack has everything you need to install a system that'll run your fish finder, LED lights, and even more.
You'll start with a battery and a Yak Power Power Pack (both sold separately). This rugged, water-resistant box will hold up to three 7 AH (amp-hour) batteries or two 12 AH batteries, and it's compact enough to fit into most storage hatches.
Then you'll install this kit, which includes the following items:
All the wiring options have SAE connectors, so there's no cutting or splicing involved. Everything works together, so your installation will be challenging, but not too hard for the average DIY-er.
- "Serious" bundle pack of Yak Power accessories
- allows you to install a fish finder, LED lights, and even more on your kayak
- also requires a battery and a Yak Power Power Pack
- package includes:
- Power Panel switching system
- Power Port w/ 4' wire (Midship)
- 2 Power Ports w/ 8' wire (Bow, Stern)
- Battery Pig Tail (12")
- 3 Power Plug accessory connectors
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YP-RP5CS3
What's in the box:
- The Yak Power Serious In-Hull Power Package consists of the YP-RP5R power switching system along with three Power Ports (one 4-foot and two 8-foot) / 3 SAE Power Plug connectors and a 12" battery pigtail (all individually packaged).
- The YP-RP5R box includes:
- Wired controller (attached 16" cable)
- Relay module (five attached 8" SAE cables and one attached 20" SAE cable)
- The YP-PMC48S Power Port box includes:
- 4' Power Port cable terminated by SAE connectors on each end
- 2 Screws
- Each YP-PMC96S Power Port box includes:
- 8' Power Port cable terminated by SAE connectors on each end
- 2 Screws
- Each YP-SAE4 Power Plug accessory connector box includes:
- SAE connector w/ 4" pig-tail
- 2 Butt-connectors
- Heat-shrink tubing
- The YP-BTP12 Battery Terminal cable box includes:
- 12" Battery terminal connection cable (terminated with a SAE connector on one end and quick-slide connectors on other end)
- Inline fuse
- 15A fuse
- 2 Ring terminal adapters
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yak Power YP-RP5CS3
Bundle Overview: The Yak Power Serious Power Package consists of the YP-RP5R Power Switching System, two 8-foot and one 4-foot Power Ports, three YP-SAE4 Power Plugs, and a YP-BTP12 battery terminal pigtail. All of these items carry a 1-year full manufacturer's warranty.Yak Power Notes:
- All Yak Power plug-and-play accessories are specifically designed to work together while maintaining the correct battery polarity throughout the entire Yak Power system. Use of other aftermarket connectors or splicing other connectors into the Yak Power system may cause damage to the system or to the accessories connected to the system and void your warranty.
- All SAE connectors are not exactly alike. Yak Power uses custom tooled, high tolerance, very snug fitting connectors with larger gauge real copper wire to insure a quality, weatherproof, and reliable connection.
- Always pay attention to the actual wire colors of all Yak Power accessory cables to insure that the Red (+) wire is always connecting to the Red (+) wire on the connector into which it is being plugged.
Power Panel: The Yak Power YP-RP5R Power Panel switching system is an electronics control system designed to make it quick and easy for you to add and control 12-volt electronics on your kayak - it consists of a wired controller and relay module. With 5 switched outlets (15A total maximum load), you can connect your fish finder, bait well pump, LED lighting, phone charger, and any other 12-volt accessory you need out on the water. All accessories are connected and controlled independently using individual buttons on the control panel. Each button turns Red when it is activated making it easy to see which buttons are in use. The master power switch also allows you to completely power up-down the entire system with the press of a button to minimize your power consumption while out on the water.
Compatible Accessories: The Power Panel switching system uses all Yak Power plug-and-play connectors making it easy to configure and add accessories. It plugs directly into the Yak Power Pack Battery Box (YP-BBK) or Battery Terminal Pigtails (YP-BTP12 or YP-BTP96). You can also add the Yak Power Waterproof Remote Control Kit (YP-RP5-RFM) for wireless RF control of your connected 12-volt accessories. No cutting or splicing is required. Always make sure the Yak Power plug-and-play accessories are completely pushed together when connecting the system together.
Controls: The wired controller is equipped with six backlit push-buttons - Power, 1, 2, B, M, S.
- Power: Turns on/off all power to the switching system. When activated keypad icons are backlit with a white light.
- 1: When pressed, this button will activate pigtail 1 and turn red.
- 2: When pressed, this button will activate pigtail 2 and turn red.
- B: When pressed, this button will activate pigtail B (Bow) and turn red.
- M: When pressed, this button will activate pigtail M (Midship) and turn red.
- S: When pressed, this button will activate pigtail S (Stern) and turn red.
- Wired Controller: 2.5" (diameter) x 1.25" (depth)
- Relay Module: 3.625" (width) x 1.0625" (height) x 4.75" (depth)
Power Port w/ SAE Connector: The Yak Power Port is your quick and easy way to add a 12-volt power outlet to your kayak. It comes prewired with the Yak Power plug-and-play SAE connector for direct connection to the YP-RP5R Power Panel switching system, Power Pack battery box, or Battery Terminal Pigtails (YP-BTP12 or YP-BTP96). Use the YP-SAE4 Power Plugs for plugging 12-volt accessories into the Power Port. It also has a protective rubber cap to keep it safe and dry when not in use.
- The Yak Power Ports included in this bundle are 4' (1) and 8' (2) in length. A 12' length is also available.
- 0.75" (diameter) cutout is required to mount the Power Port.
SAE Connector w/ 4" Pig-Tail: The YP-SAE4 allows you to easily connect most 12-volt accessories to the Yak Power system. Whether you want to connect a fish finder, live well pump, navigation light, or other 12-volt accessory that needs power while you're out on the water, the YP-SAE4 is all you need to power them up. Simply connect the accessory's Positive (+) wire to the Red wire on the YP-SAE4 and the accessory's Ground (-) to the Black wire. The YP-SAE4 even comes with the butt connectors and heat shrink tubing you need for a secure, weather resistant connection.
Compatibility: The YP-SAE4 lets you easily plug your 12-volt accessory into any Yak Power Port, directly into the Power Panel switching system, directly into the Power Pack battery box, or straight to a 12-volt battery using either of the Yak Power Battery Terminal Pigtails (YP-BTP12 or YP-BTP96). The YP-SAE4 can be used to plug 12-volt accessories directly into the following Yak Power products.
- Power Ports (YP-PMC48S, YP-PMC96S, or YP-PMC144S)
- Power Panel switching system (YP-RP5R)
- Power Pack battery box (YP-BBK)
- Battery Terminal Pigtails (YP-BTP12 or YP-BTP96)
Battery Terminal Pigtail: The Yak Power Battery Terminal Pigtail (YP-BTP12) allows you to plug the Power Panel switching system (YP-RP5R), a Power Port (YP-PMC48S / YP-PMC96S / YP-PMC144S), Power Plug (YP-SAE4), or your 12v accessory with a Power Plug directly to a 12-volt battery. The Battery Terminal Pigtail is 12" long and comes with two ring terminal adapters for use with larger batteries that do not have spade connectors. The Battery Terminal Pigtail includes a water-tight, booted fuse holder and 15A fuse.