About the Jamo Concert 9 Series C 9 SUR II
Exciting three-dimensional sound effects
Exciting three-dimensional sound effects
One of my absolute favorite things to do is watch a movie in surround sound — hearing all of those crazy cool sound effects flying around the room transports me to a different world. That's why the Jamo Concert 9 Series C 9 SUR II surround speakers are so appealing to me. They tie in seamlessly with other Concert 9 Series speakers for dynamic, voice-matched sound all throughout your room.
You can wall-mount the C 9 SUR IIs with the included rear-mounted keyhole slots.
3-way design for wraparound sound
Each C 9 SUR II uses a 1" silk dome tweeter, a 3-3/4" HCCC (Hybrid Composition Conical Cone) midrange, and a 4" HCCC bass driver to deliver exciting, lifelike sound effects.
The offset midrange driver uses Jamo's patented Midrange Phase Diffusion technology to make sure sound effects blend in smoothly with the other speakers in your system.
Beautiful design and finish
Jamo knows how important a speaker's visual presence is for their customers. That's why the Danish hi-fi company equipped each C 9 SUR II with a high-quality woodgrain vinyl finish and woven tweed grille.
- pair of surround sound speakers for home theater
- 3-way design
- 1" silk dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- 3-3/4" HCCC (Hybrid Composition Conical Cone) midrange
- 4" HCCC woofer
- woofer and tweeter fire in a different direction from the midrange for immersive, wraparound sound effects
- frequency response: 80-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 50-120 watts
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- binding post speaker terminals
- keyhole slots for easy wall-mounting
- removable magnetic tweed grilles
- high-quality woodgrain vinyl finish
- 12-7/8"W x 13-13/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 8.2 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1066724
What's in the box:
- 2 Surround loudspeakers
- 4 Grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Jamo Concert 9 Series C 9 SUR II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jamo Concert 9 Series C 9 SUR II
Features & specs
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||3-3/4|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||80-24k Hz|
|Height (inches)||13 13/16|
|Width (inches)||12 7/8|
|Depth (inches)||7 15/16|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Three-Way Surround Loudspeaker: The Jamo C 9 SUR II is a three-way surround loudspeaker that is designed for exceptional detail, balance, and dynamic reproduction of surround effects. The C 9 SURR II surround speaker houses a 1" silk dome tweeter, a 3.75" HCCC midrange driver, and a 4" HCCC woofer that will bring your surround sound experience to life.
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter: The 1" Silk dome tweeter mated to an Anti-Diffraction Waveguide offers exceptionally clean, smooth high frequency extension both on-axis and off-axis.
- 3.75" HCCC Midrange: The 3.75" Hybrid Composition Conical Cone (HCCC) midrange driver utilizes patented Midrange Phase Diffusion technology that ensures phase correlation with the front stage for lifelike, powerful surround effects that combine perfectly with the other speakers in your system.
- 4" HCCC Woofer: The 4" woofer incorporates Hybrid Composition Conical Cone (HCCC) technology that provides the stiffness and strength of aluminum or titanium, with the transient response and smoothness of wood fiber, while Long Displacement Surround (LDS) provides cleaner, tighter, and deeper bass.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet: The Jamo C 9 SUR II utilizes an acoustic suspension enclosure (sealed) for tight, accurate bass response. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF and finished with a high quality wood grain finish (available in Black Ash, White Oak, or Dark Apple).
Magnetic Grilles: The C 9 SUR II comes with magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design. The full-length woven tweed grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each surround loudspeaker is equipped with a set of chrome-plated, binding-post speaker terminals. These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Applications: The Jamo Concert Series C 9 SUR II loudspeaker can be used for the surround and/or surround back channels in a home theater setup.
- Placement Options: As surround speakers in a home theater setup, the C 9 SUR II should be positioned on the side walls directly to the left and right of your main listening position.. As surround back speakers, the C 9 SUR II should be placed on the rear walls behind the main listening position. In either application, the speaker should be placed approximately 6' above the floor (measuring from the top of the cabinet).
- Mounting Options: The surround speakers can be positioned on a shelf or stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The included self-adhesive rubber feet provide a non-slip surface (the rubber feet add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the speaker). The surround loudspeaker can also be wall mounted thanks to its rear-mounted keyhole slots (mounting screws not included). Self-adhesive rubber bumpers can be placed on the back of the speaker to protect your wall.
Jamo Concert 9 II Series: Jamo's new Concert 9 Series II loudspeakers feature high-quality drivers, deep bass with less distortion, and an updated minimalist design. The Concert 9 Series II consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (C 95 II / C 97 II), two bookshelf loudspeakers (C 91 II / C 93 II), center channel loudspeaker (C 9 CEN II), and surround loudspeakers (C 9 SUR II).
4 questions already asked