About the Jamo D 590 50th Anniversary Special Edition
Celebrating 50 years of impressive Jamo quality
Celebrating 50 years of impressive Jamo quality
This special edition of Jamo's D 590 speaker celebrates the Danish company's 50 years of stellar sound and design. Each beautifully-designed cabinet features a sequentially-numbered, brushed aluminum 50th-anniversary special edition plate on the back, but the primary appeal of the speaker's design — spectacular sound — is the same as it's ever been.
This floor-standing speaker features a 1" soft dome tweeter with waveguide, dual 5" midrange drivers for expressive clarity, and a rock-solid 8" downward-firing woofer — everything you need to make your favorite music come alive.
The details make a difference
The D 590's elegantly curved bass reflex cabinet — complete with wood-grain veneer, high-gloss painted top cap, and removable magnetic woven tweed grille — gives it a high-quality look and feel.
Each speaker has two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring, and comes with a 7-year warranty for long-term peace of mind.
- single floor-standing speaker
- numbered, brushed aluminum 50th-anniversary special edition plate on the back of each cabinet
- 1" soft dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- dual 5" woven fiberglass woofers for punchy midrange
- 8" woven fiberglass downward-firing woofer for deep, musical bass
- 3-way bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- frequency response: 35-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended maximum amplifier power: 200 watts
- two sets of gold-plated binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- removable magnetic woven tweed grilles
- 10-1/4"W x 42-3/4"H x 15-3/16"D
- weight: 56.9 lbs.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1066889
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Plastic feet
- 4 Spike feet (hex-nuts attached)
- 2 Terminal jumpers (pre-installed)
- Instruction Booklet
Jamo D 590 50th Anniversary Special Edition reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jamo D 590 50th Anniversary Special Edition
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Fiberglass|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||7 Years|
|Labor Warranty||7 Years|
|Frequency Response||35-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Driver Design: The Jamo D 590 floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a 3-way driver design with a 1" fabric soft-dome tweeter, two 5" woven fiberglass midrange drivers, and one 8" woven fiberglass woofer. The tweeter and midrange drivers are front-firing, while the woofer fires downward in the speaker enclosures integrated plinth (base).
- Woven Fiber Glass Construction: The midrange drivers and woofer features a specially woven fiberglass diaphragm. This special composite fiberglass cone is composed of four different types of glass and treated with a tough-hardening resign. This results in a light and rigid cone with good internal damping. Combined with the natural rubber suspension, which effectively prevents vibrations from traveling back to the diaphragm, the result is a very well-controlled diaphragm that operates without break-ups in its working range.
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced ABS Baskets: The drivers' baskets are made of injection molded carbon fiber reinforced ABS. Using a non-magnetic material such as ABS ensures that the magnetic force stays concentrated around the voice coil instead of spreading out into the basket. As a result, the efficiency, dampening, and sound of the speaker is improved.
Arc-Shaped MDF Enclosure: The speaker cabinet features an arc-shape which helps to dampen standing waves inside the cabinet which could lead to distortion. The cabinet's sides are made in a brand new sandwich design consisting of a MDF board with longitudinal grooves and a fiber board. After grooving the MDF board, allowing for the arc-shape, the two boards are glued together resulting in an extremely rigid cabinet, preventing undesirable cabinet vibrations and "coloring" of the sound. The very close contact between loudspeaker and front frame, together with the cabinet's flat front frame, ensures that diffraction is reduced to a minimum.
Bass Port: On the back of the speaker cabinet is a large flared port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response with little port noise or distortion.
Cloth Grille: The front grille consists of a thin MDF board frame covered with fabric (only the upper grille is removable; the lower grille is permanently fixed to the cabinet and cannot be removed).
Dual Binding Posts: The Jamo D 590 is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Plastic or Spike Feet: The Jamo D 590 floorstanding loudspeakers come with plastic and spike feet. The spike feet screw into the bottom of the cabinet. The plastic feet slip over the spike feet. The plastic feet should be used on hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The spike feet should be used on carpeted flooring. Once the feet have been mounted, the loudspeaker should never be pulled or pushed over the floor as this will damage carpet, tile, and hardwood flooring.
- Dimensions w/ Plastic Feet: 10.25" (w) x 42.75" (h) x 15.1875" (d)
- Dimensions w/ Spike Feet: 10.25" (w) x 42.6875" (h) x 15.1875" (d)
Note: Do not install the Jamo D 590 without either feet option; the feet add greater stability and aid in higher quality sound reproduction.
Placement Options: A pair of Jamo D 590 speakers should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart. The bass reproduction of the Jamo D 590 has been tuned so you can place it close to a back wall.