About the Jamo S 803
Versatile bookshelves for music or movies
Versatile bookshelves for music or movies
Building a new stereo music or small-footprint home theater system? Then consider the Jamo S 803s — these attractive bookshelf speakers feature a 5" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, natural sound that won't take up much space in your room. I especially like how these compact speakers look with their magnetic grilles removed — their tasteful wood accents give them a fresh, modern look.
Expand your system to Dolby Atmos®
The S 803s have integrated metal fasteners on the top of their cabinets, which serve as a connection point for optional Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos upward-firing speakers. This unique pairing gives you three-dimensional sound without needing to install in-ceiling speakers in your room.
- 1" soft dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- 5" polyfiber woofer for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with front-firing port
- frequency response: 57-26,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 80 watts
- metal fasteners on top of each speaker serve as a connection point for optional Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos® upward-firing speakers
- this allows for a neat, clean install since no speaker wire needs to be run to the speaker "toppers"
- binding post speaker terminals for main and Atmos channels
- removable magnetic grilles
- 6-9/16"W x 13-15/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064328
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Jamo S 803 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jamo S 803
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminized Polyfiber|
|Frequency Response||57-26k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Jamo Studio 8 Series: The new Jamo Studio 8 series of loudspeakers has been engineered and designed to complement and seamlessly blend in today's modern environments and fashionable living spaces. Contemporary material and finish choices accentuate the clean, minimalist lines of this European design, while the compact cabinet architecture is an ideal solution for today's urban living environments.
Note: The Jamo Studio 8 series consists of Floorstanding loudspeakers (S805/S807/S809), bookshelf loudspeakers (S801/S803), center channel speakers (S81C/S83C), Dolby Atmos elevation speaker (S8ATM), and powered subwoofer (S808SW/S810SW).
Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker: The S 803 bookshelf speaker features a 1" soft-dome tweeter for smooth, refined high frequencies, and a 5" aluminized polyfiber woofer for balanced, musical low end. The integrated WaveGuide focuses the high frequency sound for dynamic, true-to-life reproduction, while the front-firing slot port allows for better low frequency extension and more flexible placement options.
Compact Enclosure w/ Wood Accents: The S 803 is specifically designed and engineered to provide exceptional output and balanced, full sound in almost any application despite it's small cabinet size. Wood accents give the speaker cabinet a handcrafted, natural look.
Magnetic Grille: The S 803 comes with fully magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design, while the large woven linen grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with two sets of binding-post speaker terminals - one set for the S 803's tweeter & woofer, and the other set for when using the optional Dolby Atmos Elevation speakers from Jamo (sold separately). The terminals labeled "Main" will connect to your receiver's Front or Rear channel speaker outputs (depending on how you are using the bookshelf speakers). The terminal's labeled "Height" will connect to receiver's Height/Dolby Atmos channel speaker outputs (make sure you have your receiver's amplifier configured for Dolby Atmos). These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
Applications: The Jamo Studio 8 Series S 803 bookshelf loudspeakers can be used for the front or rear channels in a home theater system, or standing alone in a strictly two-channel stereo system.
- Placement Options: As front channels in a home theater setup or as a 2ch speaker system, the S 803 should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart and at ear level in your seated listening position. As rear speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be positioned directly to the left and right of your main listening position, or just behind the main listening position at a 20° angle, plus placed approximately 6' above the floor (measuring from the top of the cabinet).
- Mounting Options: The compact cabinet and front-firing port of the S 803 allows for extremely versatile mounting options on a table-top, shelf, or stand. Four integrated rubber feet provide a non-slip surface. The bookshelf speakers do not provide any hardware to wall-mount the speaker, but can be wall-mounted using side-clamping wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Optional Dolby Atmos Elevation Speakers: Elegant metal fasteners atop the cabinet provide a chic, modern industrial look, but also serve as a connection point for Jamo's S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos elevation speakers (sold separately). This patent-pending design allows for all of the wire connections on the back of the loudspeaker, avoiding unsightly and messy speaker wire going all the way up to the Atmos module - for cinematic, completely immersive Dolby Atmos sound while preserving the beautiful aesthetic of the Jamo Studio 8 Series.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked