About the Jamo S 805
One of the best tower values around
Looking for a pair of modestly priced tower speakers for your stereo or home theater system? The Jamo S 805s are an excellent option to consider. Each one sports a 5" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, natural sound with music and movie soundtracks. I especially like how these floor-standers look with their magnetic grilles removed — their tasteful wood accents give them a fresh, modern look.
- pair of floor-standing speakers
- 1" soft dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- 5" polyfiber woofer for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with front-firing port
- frequency response: 49-26,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 80 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grilles
- outrigger feet for a sturdy foundation
- 7-7/8"W x 31-1/2"H x 11-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064581
What's in the box:
- 2 Floorstanding loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Mounting feet
- 16 Screws
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Jamo S 805
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminized Polyfiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||49-26k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Jamo Studio 8 Series: The new Jamo Studio 8 series of loudspeakers has been engineered and designed to complement and seamlessly blend in today's modern environments and fashionable living spaces. Contemporary material and finish choices accentuate the clean, minimalist lines of this European design, while the compact cabinet architecture is an ideal solution for today's urban living environments.
Note: The Jamo Studio 8 series consists of Floorstanding loudspeakers (S805/S807/S809), bookshelf loudspeakers (S801/S803), center channel speakers (S81C/S83C), Dolby Atmos elevation speaker (S8ATM), and powered subwoofer (S808SW/S810SW).
Two-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The S 805 floorstanding speaker features a 1" soft-dome tweeter for smooth, refined high frequencies, and a 5" aluminized polyfiber woofer for balanced, musical low end. The integrated WaveGuide focuses the high frequency sound for dynamic, true-to-life reproduction, while the front-firing slot port allows for better low frequency extension and flexible placement.
Compact Enclosure w/ Wood Accents: The S 805 is specifically designed and engineered to provide exceptional output and balanced, full sound in almost any application despite it's small cabinet size. Wood accents give the speaker cabinet a handcrafted, natural look.
Magnetic Grille: The S 805 comes with fully magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design, while the large woven linen grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each floorstanding loudspeaker is equipped with a set of binding-post speaker terminals. These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
Applications: The Jamo Studio 8 Series S 805 floorstanding loudspeakers can be used for the front or rear channels in a home theater system, or standing alone in a strictly two-channel stereo system.
- Placement Options: As front channels in a home theater setup or as a 2ch speaker system, the S 805 should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart. As rear speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be positioned directly to the left and right of your main listening position, or just behind the main listening position at a 20° angle.
- Mounting Options: Each floorstanding speaker comes with four mounting feet which will need to screwed into the bottom of the loudspeaker's enclosure. There are indentions on the bottom of the cabinet to indicate where the feet mount, but there are no pre-drilled holes. Self-tapping screws are included to secure the feet to the speakers. Each mounting foot consists of a metal plate and rubber pad to protect your floors.
Note: Do not use the speakers without the feet installed. The feet add greater stability and aid in higher quality sound reproduction. Spike feet are not included.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?