About the Jamo S 807
Versatile floor-standers from Jamo
Versatile floor-standers from Jamo
I was impressed by Jamo's value-packed line of S Series bookshelf and floor-standing speakers when they brought them to our headquarters for a listening session. The S 807s are the middle-sized towers in the lineup, and offer dynamic performance with music and movie soundtracks.
Each tower sports two 5" woofers and a 1" soft dome tweeter for clear, natural sound. I especially like how these floor-standers look with their magnetic grilles removed — their tasteful wood accents give them a fresh, modern look.
Expand your system to Dolby Atmos®
The 807s have integrated metal fasteners on the top of their cabinets, which serve as a connection point for optional Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos upward-firing speakers. This unique pairing gives you three-dimensional sound without needing to install in-ceiling speakers in your room.
- pair of floor-standing speakers
- 1" soft dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- dual 5" polyfiber woofers for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with front-firing port
- frequency response: 42-26,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 100 watts
- metal fasteners on top of each speaker serve as a connection point for optional Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos® upward-firing speakers
- this allows for a neat, clean install since no speaker wire needs to be run to the speaker "toppers"
- binding post speaker terminals for main and Atmos channels
- removable magnetic grilles
- outrigger feet for a sturdy foundation
- 10-1/8"W x 36-1/2"H x 10-9/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064326
What's in the box:
- 2 Floorstanding loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Mounting feet
- 16 Screws
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Jamo S 807 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jamo S 807
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminized Polyfiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||Optional|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||42-26k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Jamo Studio 8 Series: The new Jamo Studio 8 series of loudspeakers has been engineered and designed to complement and seamlessly blend in today's modern environments and fashionable living spaces. Contemporary material and finish choices accentuate the clean, minimalist lines of this European design, while the compact cabinet architecture is an ideal solution for today's urban living environments.
Note: The Jamo Studio 8 series consists of Floorstanding loudspeakers (S805/S807/S809), bookshelf loudspeakers (S801/S803), center channel speakers (S81C/S83C), Dolby Atmos elevation speaker (S8ATM), and powered subwoofer (S808SW/S810SW).
Two-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The S 807 floorstanding speaker features a 1" soft-dome tweeter for smooth, refined high frequencies, and two 5" aluminized polyfiber woofers for balanced, musical low end. The integrated WaveGuide focuses the high frequency sound for dynamic, true-to-life reproduction, while the front-firing slot port allows for better low frequency extension and flexible placement.
Compact Enclosure w/ Wood Accents: The S 807 is specifically designed and engineered to provide exceptional output and balanced, full sound in almost any application despite it's small cabinet size. Wood accents give the speaker cabinet a handcrafted, natural look.
Magnetic Grille: The S 807 comes with fully magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design, while the large woven linen grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each floorstanding loudspeaker is equipped with two sets of binding-post speaker terminals - one set for the S 807's tweeter & woofers, and the other set for when using the optional Dolby Atmos Elevation speakers from Jamo (sold separately). The terminals labeled "Main" will connect to your receiver's Front or Rear channel speaker outputs (depending on how you are using the bookshelf speakers). The terminal's labeled "Height" will connect to receiver's Height/Dolby Atmos channel speaker outputs (make sure you have your receiver's amplifier configured for Dolby Atmos). These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
Applications: The Jamo Studio 8 Series S 807 floorstanding loudspeakers can be used for the front or rear channels in a home theater system, or standing alone in a strictly two-channel stereo system.
- Placement Options: As front channels in a home theater setup or as a 2ch speaker system, the S 807 should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart. As rear speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be positioned directly to the left and right of your main listening position, or just behind the main listening position at a 20° angle.
- Mounting Options: Each floorstanding speaker comes with four mounting feet which will need to screwed into the bottom of the loudspeaker's enclosure. There are indentions on the bottom of the cabinet to indicate where the feet mount, but there are no pre-drilled holes. Self-tapping screws are included to secure the feet to the speakers. Each mounting foot consists of a metal plate and rubber pad to protect your floors.
Note: Do not use the speakers without the feet installed. The feet add greater stability and aid in higher quality sound reproduction. Spike feet are not included.
Optional Dolby Atmos Elevation Speakers: Elegant metal fasteners atop the cabinet provide a chic, modern industrial look, but also serve as a connection point for Jamo's S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos elevation speakers (sold separately). This patent-pending design allows for all of the wire connections on the back of the loudspeaker, avoiding unsightly and messy speaker wire going all the way up to the Atmos module - for cinematic, completely immersive Dolby Atmos sound while preserving the beautiful aesthetic of the Jamo Studio 8 Series.
4 questions already asked