About the Tamron 18-200mm Zoom Lens
Tamron's 18-200mm Di II lens delivers powerful zoom for a wide range of photographic situations. Its versatile 35mm equivalent focal range of 28 to 300mm lets you capture impressive wide-angle shots and closeups of nearby subjects, as well as crisp photos of distant scenes. This is one lens you can definitely leave on your camera all day for shooting whatever comes up.
Tamron's compact, lightweight design features low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical elements for superior optical performance and reduced flare. And this updated lens includes a built-in motor for full autofocus coupling with Nikon AF cameras, including the D40, D40x, and D60. The supplied lens hood allows better shooting in bright light.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Tamron zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 28-300mm (A14NII)
- compatible with Nikon digital SLR cameras with APS-C (24mm x 16mm or smaller) image sensors
- built-in focus motor for autofocus with Nikon D40, D40x, D60, and D5000 SLR models
- advanced optical design with low-dispersion and aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
- internal focusing
- zoom lock mechanism to prevent unwanted barrel extension when carrying lens/camera combination
- minimum focus distance: 17.7 in.
- minimum aperture: f22
- lens construction: 15 elements in 13 groups
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 3-5/8" long
- weight: 14.3 ounces
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # AF014NII-700
What's in the box:
- AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR zoom lens for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger/+ 4 other languages)
- "Suggestions for better pictures with Tamron zoom lenses" sheet
- "Cautions when using Tamron lenses" sheet
- Warranty card
- Serial/model number sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tamron 18-200mm Zoom Lens
Overview: The Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR LD Aspherical (IF) Macro (Model A14N2) is an accessory lens, specifically designed for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras. It has the standard Nikon bayonet-type mount. This high-powered zoom lens allows you to take indoor snapshots using the wide angle, photograph far-away objects using the telephoto setting, and close-ups of flowers or small objects using its macro capability.
Compatibility: This lens is compatible with Nikon digital SLR cameras, including the following models: D40, D50, D60, D70, D80, D200, and D300.
Zoom: This 18-200mm lens has an 11.1x zoom capability. When converted to the 35mm film format, the zoom yields the equivalent of a 28-300mm zoom range.
Di II: Tamron Di II lenses are designed to fit digital SLR cameras with smaller-size image sensors. This series of lenses should not be used on 35mm film format cameras and digital SLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24mm x 16mm. When used on film cameras and digital cameras with larger sensors, vignetting (or darkening of the corners of the image) occurs.
Optical Features: This lens has the following optical features:
- Extra Refractive Glass (XR): Through the innovative use of XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass, the overall size (diameter and barrel length) of the lens was reduced, while maintaining the same aperture values as previous lenses.
- Aspherical Elements (ASL): The use of Tamron's exclusive Hybrid Aspherical elements provides the ultimate in compactness and image quality.
- Low Dispersion Glass (LD): The use of Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements greatly reduces the effect of chromatic aberration, a form of optical noise, and dramatically increases image sharpness.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Tamron's Internal Focusing System enhances lens maneuverability and reduces the Minimum Focus Distance (M.F.D.) throughout its entire focal length.
Lens Hood: A bayonet-type lens hood is provided with the lens. The lens hood prevents stray light from entering the lens, which can be harmful to the picture. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-7/16" length to the lens.
Note: Using the camera's built-in flash with the lens hood in place can cause shadows to appear on the image.
Focus Modes: The lens features a built-in Auto-Focus motor. The lens can be used in either Automatic or Manual Focus modes. When you switch the camera to manual focus, you can focus on your subject by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
Manual Zoom: You can manually zoom in or out by rotating the zooming ring of the lens while viewing your subject through the camera's viewfinder and compose your image at the chosen focal length.
Zoom Lock: This lens is equipped with a zoom lock switch which prevents the lens barrel from extending while the camera is hanging around your neck. It can also prevent the lens from changing focal length during a long exposure when the camera is at a severe angle. The "locked" position is shown in red.
- Focal Length: 18-200mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: F/22
- Angle of View: 75° 33' - 7° 59'
- Lens Construction: 13 groups/15 elements
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 17.717" (0.45 meters)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:3.7 (at f=200mm MFD 0.45m)
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Length: 3.615"
- Diameter: 2.885"
- Weight: 14.3 ounces
The Tamron 18-200mm Zoom Lens replaces these items
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 zoom lens (35mm equivalent 28-300mm)
- low dispersion and aspherical glass lens elements
- compatible with Nikon digital SLR cameras