About the Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II Lens
Pair this ultra-wide-angle lens with your compatible Canon digital SLR camera and you'll get a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. Use it to capture sweeping, panoramic landscapes or big group shots indoors at your next family gathering.
Tamron's compact, lightweight lens design features low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical elements for superior optical performance and reduced flare. The supplied lens hood allows better shooting in bright light.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 16-37mm
- compatible with Canon digital SLR cameras with APS-C (24mm x 16mm or smaller) image sensors
- not designed for use with 35mm film or full-frame digital SLR cameras
- advanced optical design with low-dispersion, glass-molded aspherical, and hybrid aspherical lens elements for superior image quality
- internal focusing design maintains constant lens length for better balance and easier operation
- minimum focus distance: 19.3 inches (throughout zoom range)
- minimum aperture: f22
- lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 3-15/16" long
- weight: 14.3 oz.
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # B001C-700
What's in the box:
- SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II wide-angle lens for Canon digital SLR cameras
- Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger/+ 4 other languages)
- "Cautions when using Tamron lenses" sheet
- "Suggestions for Better Pictures with Tamron Zoom Lenses" sheet
- Serial/model number sheet
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II Lens reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II Lens
Overview: The Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II wide-angle zoom lens (Model B001N) is an accessory lens, specifically designed for use with Canon digital SLR cameras. It has the standard Canon bayonet-type mount.
Wide-Angle Zoom: This 10-24mm wide-angle zoom lens when converted to the 35mm film format, the zoom yields the equivalent of a 16-37mm zoom range letting you capture images of panoramic landscapes, cityscape and seascape images. The close focusing capability of this lens lets you capture images with an exaggerated perspective at the 10mm ultra wide-angle end or shoot with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5 at the 24mm semi-wide-angle setting. You will enjoy the freedom of creating close-ups at the minimum focusing distance of 9.3" throughout the zoom range
Di II: Tamron Di II (Digitally Integrated Design) is a designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical system designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras. Since the size of full-size format is different from the APS-C size imager, scopes captured are different even when focal lengths are the same. The AF10-24mm Di-II is designed to have shorter focal lengths to achieve optimum angles of view in its wide-angle side.
Note: This series of lenses should not be used on 35mm film format cameras and digital SLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24mm x 16mm. When used on film cameras and digital cameras with larger sensors, vignetting (or darkening of the corners of the image) occurs.
Optical Features: This lens has the following optical features:
- Low Dispersion Glass (LD): The use of Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements greatly reduces the effect of chromatic aberration, a form of optical noise, and dramatically increases image sharpness.
- Aspherical Elements (ASL): The optical system within this zoom lens uses three large-aperture glass-molded aspherical lenses, as well as three hybrid aspherical lenses, which minimize spherical aberrations, coma, and distortion. The use of Tamron's exclusive Hybrid Aspherical elements provides the ultimate in compactness and image quality.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Tamron's Internal Focusing System enhances lens maneuverability and reduces the Minimum Focus Distance (M.F.D.) throughout its entire focal length.
Focus Modes: The lens can be used in either Automatic or Manual Focus modes. When you switch to manual focus (using the switch located on the lens barrel), you can focus on your subject by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
Manual Zoom: You can manually zoom in or out by rotating the zooming ring of the lens while viewing your subject through the camera's viewfinder and compose your image at the chosen focal length.
Lens Hood: A bayonet-type lens hood is provided with the lens. The lens hood prevents stray light from entering the lens, which can be harmful to the picture. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1.25" length to the lens. The lens hood measures 4.25" in diameter.
Note: Using the camera's built-in flash with the lens hood in place can cause shadows to appear on the image.
- Focal Length:10-24mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5 - F/4.5
- Angle of View: 108° 45' - 60° 22'
- Lens Construction: 9 groups/12 elements
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.3" (0.24 meters)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:5.13 (at f=24mm, MFD=0.24m)
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Length: 3.685" - 4.025"
- Diameter: 3.275"
- Weight: 14.1 oz