About the Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC Lens
Add some serious zoom to your compatible Nikon digital SLR camera with this high-quality Tamron lens. Its versatile 35mm equivalent focal range of 28 to 419mm lets you capture impressive wide-angle panoramas and closeups of nearby subjects, as well as crisp telephoto shots of distant scenes. This is one lens you can leave on your camera all day for shooting whatever comes up.
Vibration Compensation for in-focus shots in all lighting conditions
We've all taken a picture and had it turn out blurry because our hands moved a little while we were capturing the shot. Vibration Compensation works around this problem. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly offsetting camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures even in low-light conditions where hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens.
Advanced optics and more
Tamron's compact, lightweight lens design features low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical elements for superior optical performance and reduced flare. The supplied lens hood allows better shooting in bright light.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Vibration Compensation) Tamron zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 28-419mm
- compatible only with Nikon digital SLR cameras with DX format (24mm x 16mm or smaller) image sensors
- not compatible with 35mm film cameras or full-frame (FX format) digital Nikon D700 or D3 digital SLRs
- built-in motor for full autofocus capability with Nikon D40, D40x, D60, and D5000 model digital SLRs
- built-in vibration compensation for blur-free photos
- low-dispersion glass and hybrid aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
- internal focusing design maintains constant lens length for better balance and easier operation
- zoom lock mechanism to prevent unwanted barrel extension when carrying lens/camera combination
- optical zoom ratio: 15X (approximately)
- minimum focus distance: 19.3"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 18mm) to f40 (at 270mm)
- lens construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-3/16" in diameter, 4-5/16" long
- weight: 19.6 oz.
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # AFB003N
What's in the box:
- AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC zoom lens for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger/+ 4 other languages)
- "Cautions when using Tamron lenses" sheet
- "Suggestions for Better Pictures with Tamron Zoom Lenses" sheet
- Serial/model number sheet
Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC Lens reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC Lens
Overview: The Tamron AF 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC zoom lens (Model B003N) is an accessory lens, specifically designed for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras. It has the standard Nikon bayonet-type mount.
Zoom: This 18-270mm lens has an 15x zoom capability. When converted to the 35mm film format, the zoom yields the equivalent of a 28-419mm zoom range letting you capture images of panoramic landscape images or close-up pictures of children smiling, without having to get too close to the subject and without having to change lenses.
Di II: Tamron Di II (Digitally Integrated Design) is a designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical system designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras. Since the size of full-size format is different from the APS-C size imager, scopes captured are different even when focal lengths are the same. The AF18-270mm Di-II is designed to have shorter focal lengths to achieve optimum angles of view in its wide-angle side.
Note: This series of lenses should not be used on 35mm film format cameras and digital SLR cameras with image sensors larger than 23.2mm x 15.5mm. When used on film cameras and digital cameras with larger sensors, vignetting (or darkening of the corners of the image) occurs.
Optical Features: This lens has the following optical features:
- Low Dispersion Glass (LD): The use of Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements greatly reduces the effect of chromatic aberration, a form of optical noise, and dramatically increases image sharpness.
- Aspherical Elements (ASL): The use of Tamron's exclusive Hybrid Aspherical elements provides the ultimate in compactness and image quality.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Tamron's Internal Focusing System enhances lens maneuverability and reduces the Minimum Focus Distance (M.F.D.) throughout its entire focal length.
VC (Vibration Compensation: The highly evaluated VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism originally developed by Tamron delivers exceedingly stabilized viewfinder images for remarkable hand-held photography without annoying motion delay. The VC mechanism exhibits its camera-shake compensation performance to the maximum extent at dusk, in dimly-lit indoor situations, or in hand-held shooting at the ultra-telephoto settings.
Focus Modes: The lens can be used in either Automatic or Manual Focus modes. When you switch to manual focus (using the switch located on the lens barrel), you can focus on your subject by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
Manual Zoom: You can manually zoom in or out by rotating the zooming ring of the lens while viewing your subject through the camera's viewfinder and compose your image at the chosen focal length.
Lens Hood: A bayonet-type lens hood is provided with the lens. The lens hood prevents stray light from entering the lens, which can be harmful to the picture. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1.675" length to the lens. The lens hood measures 3.6875" in diameter.
Note: Using the camera's built-in flash with the lens hood in place can cause shadows to appear on the image.
- Focal Length:18-270mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5 - F/6.3
- Minimum Aperture: F/22 -F/40 (18mm-270mm)
- Angle of View: 75° 33' - 5° 55'
- Lens Construction:13 groups/18 elements
- Minimum Focusing Distance:19.3" (0.49 meters)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:3.5 (at f=270mm, MFD=0.49m)
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Length:4.3125" - 7.875"
- Diameter: 3.1875"
- Weight: 19.6 oz