About the Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC PZD Lens
Add some serious zoom to your compatible Nikon digital SLR camera with this high-quality Tamron lens. Its versatile 35mm equivalent focal range of 28 to 419mm lets you capture impressive wide-angle panoramas and closeups of nearby subjects, as well as crisp telephoto shots of animals in the wild or your children at play. Tamron's all-new PZD (Piezo Drive) ultrasonic motor design provides faster, quieter performance than conventional autofocus motors. Plus, the motor's compact size allows this lens to be smaller and lighter than Tamron's 18-270mm predecessor. This is one lens you'll want to leave on your camera all day for shooting whatever comes up.
Vibration Compensation for in-focus shots in all lighting conditions
We've all taken a picture and had it turn out blurry because our hands moved a little while we were capturing the shot. Vibration Compensation works around this problem. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly offsetting camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures even in low-light conditions where hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens.
Advanced optics and more
Tamron's compact, lightweight lens design features low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical elements for superior optical performance and reduced flare. The supplied lens hood allows better shooting in bright light.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Vibration Compensation) PZD zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 28-419mm
- compatible only with Nikon digital SLR cameras with DX format (24mm x 16mm or smaller) image sensors
- not compatible with 35mm film cameras or full-frame (FX format) digital Nikon D700 or D3 digital SLRs
- built-in motor for full autofocus capability with Nikon D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, and D5000 digital SLRs
- piezoelectric electric drive (PZD) motor technology provides smooth, precise autofocus with reduced size and weight
- built-in vibration compensation for blur-free photos
- low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
- optical zoom ratio: 15X (approximately)
- minimum focus distance: 19.3"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 18mm) to f40 (at 270mm)
- lens construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 3-13/16" long
- weight: 15.9 oz.
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # B008N
What's in the box:
- 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD lens (Model B008N) for Nikon
- 62mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- DA18 Lens hood
- Owner's Manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Ger / + 7 other languages)
- "Cautions when using Tamron lenses" sheet
- "Suggestions for better pictures with Tamron zoom lenses" sheet
- Serial/model number sheet
Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC PZD Lens reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tamron 18-270mm Di II VC PZD Lens
Overview: The Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD lens (Model B008N) is a 15x all-in-one zoom lens, specifically designed for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras. It has the standard Nikon bayonet mount.
Di II Series: The Tamron Di II lens series has been designed exclusively for use on digital SLR cameras with APS-C sized image sensors, which are somewhat smaller than the 35mm film format. This series of lenses should not be used on 35mm film format cameras and digital SLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24mm x 16mm. When used on film cameras and digital cameras with larger sensors, vignetting (or darkening of the corners of the image) occurs.
Piezo Drive (PZD): The B008N lens features Tamron's new piezoelectric drive, an internal standing wave ultrasonic motor system. With fewer parts and simpler operation, the lens's size and weight has been reduced. The lens uses a standing wave, instead of the traditional traveling wave, to turn and extend the piezoelectric element. The entire element moves in a standing wave pattern, moving the metal tip (the contact surface) in an elliptical motion. The friction of this movement moves the rotor for a smooth, precise autofocus.
Vibration Compensation (VC): Tamron's improved Vibration Compensation gives the lens excellent tracking performance and smooth, stable viewfinder images. The VC mechanism employs a three-coil system, whereby the three driving coils activate the shake-compensating VC lens groups electromagnetically via three steel balls. The VC lens elements are held in place only by contact with the steel balls, achieving smooth movement with little friction, helping to eliminate the blur from camera shake in most every situation. The Vibration Compensation is turned on or off using the VC switch on the barrel of the lens.
Broadband Anti-Reflection (BBAR): The new BBAR coatings reduce the lens reflection and dispersion that cause ghosting and flare.
Focus Mode Switch: The B008N lens has an AF/MF switch on the side to allow you to switch between Auto Focus or Manual Focus.
Manual Zoom: You can manually zoom in or out by rotating the zooming ring of the lens while viewing your subject through the camera's viewfinder and compose your image at the chosen focal length. The lens has a zoom lock switch mechanism, which prevents the lens barrel from extending toward long focal length by its own weight while hanging from the shoulders. The zoom lock can only be activated at the 18mm setting (zoomed all the way out).
Lens Hood: A bayonet-type lens hood is provided with the lens. The lens hood prevents stray light from entering the lens, which can be harmful to the picture. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-7/16" length to the lens.
Note: Using the camera's built-in flash with the lens hood in place can cause shadows to appear on the image.
- Focal Length: 18-270mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 28-419mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5 (W) - 6.3 (T)
- Minimum Aperture: F/22 (W) - 40 (T)
- Angle of View: 75°33' to 5°51'
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 19.3" (0.49m)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:3.8 (at 270mm)
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Length: 3.886"-6.976" (4.383"-7.481" w/caps)
- Diameter: 2.993"
- Weight: 17.6 ounces (500 grams)