About the AudioQuest Carbon
The HDMI cable for high-performance home theater
The HDMI cable for high-performance home theater
If you want to take advantage of the very latest HDMI features, and enjoy top-notch performance from all your high-def gear, you should take a close look at AudioQuest Carbon. It's an ideal match for your high-end home theater gear, providing superior signal transfer to ensure that you get every ounce of performance you paid for. And with its "High Speed with Ethernet" rating, it supports the most cutting-edge features available today, and prepares you for what's on the way.
Supports 3D TV and 4K
Carbon is made with premium materials throughout to maximize the crystal-clear picture and sound quality available from the latest high-definition digital sources. AudioQuest HDMI cables are designed to carry 100% of the data required for all of HDMI's current audio/video features including 1080p and 4K video, HDR, and multichannel high-resolution audio.
Silver-plated solid copper conductors for better signal transfer
AudioQuest Carbon uses solid-core, 5% silver-plated conductors — meaning that if you looked at a cross section of a conductor, the layer of silver would amount to 5% of the total diameter. Silver is the most conductive metal, so silver-plated copper conductors are ideal for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. Because these signals travel mostly on the surface of the conductor, Carbon's high-purity silver plating provides performance that's close to that of a solid silver cable, but at much lower price. Bottom line: you'll enjoy exceptionally clear, noise-free video and audio.
- supports HDMI version 1.4 and 2.0 features:
- maximum bandwidth of 18Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- 30-gauge solid-core, silver-plated copper conductors (silver layer is 5% of total conductor)
- solid polyethylene insulation
- braided jacket
- silver-plated contacts
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HDMCAR01
What's in the box:
- 1-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
AudioQuest Carbon reviews
I read numerous reviews of people having trouble getting ARC to work properly. I bought all new home theater equipment but have never had ARC before. I bought the Carbon cable thinking it would increase my odds of a successful ARC connection. It did. The receiver synced up immediately to the TV. All the devices plugged into the receiver including a 4K Blu Ray, cable box and Roku Ultra work perfectly. Audio and video are outstanding with this cable. Maybe the ARC connection would have worked fine without the Carbon cable but you cannot underestimate the importance of high quality interconnect cables for such a critical connection.
Pros: Workmanship, quality, performance
Cons: Not a con but this is one hefty cable. Bigger diameter cable than AudioQuest Chocolate. Still flexible but need to accomadate it.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Upgraded from Monster. There is difference in detail of sound with depth.
Pros: Improvement of sound quality
3 of 5 found this helpful
This is the best cable on the market. Why spend 10s of thousands on a home theater and cheep out on the cable? Makes no sense
Pros: Cable carries Dolby vision and all the latest signals great.
Cons: The price
2 of 3 found this helpful
The carbon HDMI cable is being used as a audio connection between 4K bluray player and AV reciever. I had a AQ Pearl connected which was Great. This AQ carbon is better yet. How much can you afford?
Pros: Solid build quality
Cons: price is always a consideration
4 of 6 found this helpful
Well built. Works perfect.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Much better then cheepo ones
Pros: good sound
8 of 12 found this helpful
Well made cable with premium connectors fastened to wiring as if they are one. The five year guarantee is evidence of the company's confidence in this product. Since most all cables will transmit digital information in its entirety , I bought these to last with a severe bend at the top where the television meets the wall. If you want a quality cable that will endure, buy this one. You won't be disappointed. Don't spend more money for a digital cable. You will not be able to see or hear the difference and the quality of this cable will be hard to beat.
Pros: Quality. Crutchfield's service.
10 of 10 found this helpful
I have 2 of these. One of them is a 2 meter going from my Yamaha 3020 receiver to my Samsung led tv, and the other is a 1 meter connecting my receiver to my bluray player. The build quality is second to none, leaving my old monster 1000hd cables in the dust. They are also much more flexible than the monster cable for easier cable management! Audio/video is truly amazing! I highly recomend these cables, and can't wait to get a 3rd to hook to my dish dvr.
Pros: Build, flexible, audio/video
16 of 19 found this helpful
The AudioQuest Carbon High Speed HDMI cables work great with my 600HZ 3D Full HD Plasma Panasonic TV. They deliver the highest performance as promised by supporting up to 600 HZ frame refresh rate with either 2D or 3D display. Well buiIt, durable design. I purchased two of these cables: one for my HD DVR and one for 3D blu-ray player. The price is steep, but I think it is worth it if you want to get the best picture out of your TV. Crutchfield did a great job by delivering the cables promptly. Thanks!
29 of 42 found this helpful
More details on the AudioQuest Carbon
HDMI 2.0 Certified: The AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification and supports the ultra high speed 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K UHD, HDR, high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 4K UHD: Supports resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience. With stunning 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) detail is strikingly sharper.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) reproduces a wider range of brightness levels than conventional video, which brings a deeper contrast to the screen, greater color intensity without being oversaturated, and incredible detail in low-light images. Watching movies and TV shows mastered in HDR will give you a vivid new viewing experience filled with brilliant color and dramatic contrast.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Robust Construction: The AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable features robust construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid 5% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Carbon HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Carbon-Base 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment's ground reference requires AQ's Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction in AudioQuest HDMI cables, and care is even taken to run the conductors used in the Audio Return Channel in the opposite direction to ensure the best performance for that application. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?