About the AudioQuest Carbon
The HDMI cable for high-performance home theater
The HDMI cable for high-performance home theater
If you want to take advantage of the very latest HDMI features, and enjoy top-notch performance from all your high-def gear, you should take a close look at AudioQuest Carbon. It's an ideal match for your high-end home theater gear, providing superior signal transfer to ensure that you get every ounce of performance you paid for. And with its "High Speed with Ethernet" rating, it supports the most cutting-edge features available today, and prepares you for what's on the way.
Supports 3D TV and 4K
Carbon is made with premium materials throughout to maximize the crystal-clear picture and sound quality available from the latest high-definition digital sources. AudioQuest HDMI cables are designed to carry 100% of the data required for all of HDMI's current audio/video features including 1080p and 4K video, HDR, and multichannel high-resolution audio.
Silver-plated solid copper conductors for better signal transfer
AudioQuest Carbon uses solid-core, 5% silver-plated conductors — meaning that if you looked at a cross section of a conductor, the layer of silver would amount to 5% of the total diameter. Silver is the most conductive metal, so silver-plated copper conductors are ideal for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. Because these signals travel mostly on the surface of the conductor, Carbon's high-purity silver plating provides performance that's close to that of a solid silver cable, but at much lower price. Bottom line: you'll enjoy exceptionally clear, noise-free video and audio.
- supports HDMI version 1.4 and 2.0 features:
- maximum bandwidth of 18Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- 30-gauge solid-core, silver-plated copper conductors (silver layer is 5% of total conductor)
- solid polyethylene insulation
- braided jacket
- silver-plated contacts
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Carbon 3 meter
What's in the box:
- 3-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioQuest Carbon
HDMI 2.0 Certified: The AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification and supports the ultra high speed 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K UHD, HDR, high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 4K UHD: Supports resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience. With stunning 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) detail is strikingly sharper.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) reproduces a wider range of brightness levels than conventional video, which brings a deeper contrast to the screen, greater color intensity without being oversaturated, and incredible detail in low-light images. Watching movies and TV shows mastered in HDR will give you a vivid new viewing experience filled with brilliant color and dramatic contrast.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Robust Construction: The AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable features robust construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid 5% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Carbon HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Carbon-Base 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment's ground reference requires AQ's Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction in AudioQuest HDMI cables, and care is even taken to run the conductors used in the Audio Return Channel in the opposite direction to ensure the best performance for that application. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?