About the AudioQuest Carbon 48
AudioQuest continues their trend of superior build quality with the new 48 Series HDMI cables. These HDMI 2.1 cables represent a big, feature-packed leap forward for your home theater system. Their whopping 48Gbps bandwidth, combined with AudioQuest's premium manufacturing techniques and materials, means that they can deliver the very best audio and video quality possible.
Carbon 48's ingredients for exceptional performance
The entire 48 Series uses long-grain copper (LGC) conductors. What differentiates each cable in the series is the percentage of silver that sheaths that copper and the methods of noise dissipation used.
This Carbon 48 cable is in the upper tier of the new lineup with these top-notch features:
- 1.25% silver-plating on ground reference conductors
- 5% silver-plating on A/V and eARC conductors
- "Level 3" noise dissipation: all of its conductors are directionally controlled and a high-loss carbon layer, sandwiched between layers of metal, is wrapped around the four balanced audio/video and eARC pairs to further dissipate any noise that might interfere with the signal
Get the best from all your gear
If you are planning a home theater upgrade — especially your TV, receiver, or gaming gear — these 48 Series HDMI cables are a great way to make sure your gear delivers all the features you are paying for. They can all pass the latest surround sound formats like Dolby® Atmos and DTS:X from your TV to your receiver or sound bar with support for enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC).
They can help deliver premium picture quality, too, with resolutions up to 10K and refresh rates of 60Hz for 8K and 120Hz for 4K. Dynamic HDR formats like HDR10+ are supported for contrast and color that are optimized on a scene-by-scene basis.
These cables also help deliver a smooth, lag-free gaming experience with support for both Auto Low-Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).
- bandwidth up to 48Gbps
- supports HDMI version 2.1 features:
- 4K/120Hz, 8K/60Hz, and 10K resolution
- dynamic HDR formats like HDR10+, for contrast and color optimized scene by scene
- HDCP 2.3
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) & Auto Low-Latency Mode (ALLM) for improved gaming experience
- enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for sending lossless high-resolution multichannel audio from the TV back to an A/V receiver
- silver-plated, long-grain copper (LGC) A/V and eARC conductors (silver layer is 5% of total conductor)
- 1.25% silver-plating on ground reference conductors
- braided jacket
- "Level 3" noise dissipation
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HDM48CAR225
What's in the box:
- 7.5' (2.25m) HDMI cable
AudioQuest Carbon 48 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioQuest Carbon 48
Carbon 48 HDMI: AudioQuest's Carbon 48 features 5% Silver-Plated Copper conductors that have been direction-controlled for the most efficient dissipation of radio-frequency noise; a high-loss carbon layer, sandwiched between layers of metal around the 4 FRL + eARC pairs, further enhances noise-dissipation.
The Carbon 48 HDMI cable offers even greater precision and tighter manufacturing than previous AudioQuest HDMI cables to guarantee transfer up to 48Gbps bandwidth for ultra high-definition 8K/10K video and high-resolution multichannel Dolby Atmos/DTS:X audio.
- 5% Silver Solid Conductors: In AudioQuest HDMI cables, increasingly thick layers of silver plating are applied to AudioQuest's Long-Grain Copper (LGC) conductors to improve Noise-Dissipation. Placing the superior metal on the outside of the conductor produces the greatest benefit on overall performance-a superbly cost-effective way to maximize a digital cable. Carbon 48 uses 5% Silver-Plated Copper for its conductors.
- Level 3 Noise Dissipation: Traditional 100% shielding is not enough to guard against the increasingly prevalent effects of WiFi, cellular, and satellite radiation. In AudioQuest HDMI cables, all 19 conductors are Direction-Controlled to minimize the RF Noise that damages performance by directing or draining it away from the most vulnerable circuits. Level 3 Noise Dissipation adds a high-loss carbon layer sandwiched between layers of metal around the 4 FRL + eARC pairs to further enhance noise-dissipation.
HDMI 2.1: AudioQuest's Carbon 48 supports the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications - including 48Gbps bandwidth, 8K/10K video, and eARC.
- 48Gbps: AudioQuest 48”HDMI cables can transfer up to professional 10K Ultra-HD video. The 48Gbps bandwidth is made possible by 4 balanced audio/video pairs capable of 12Gbps each. The precision and tighter manufacturing tolerances required to produce HDMI cables that transfer up to 48Gbps bandwidth mean many of AudioQuest’s tried-and-true ingredients and techniques are more important than ever before.
- 8K/10K: AudioQuest 48Gbps HDMI cables have the bandwidth required for video with resolutions up to 10K and resolutions/refresh rates up to 8K/60 and 4K/120. All AudioQuest HDMI cables are completely backwards compatible with existing 4K displays.
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): Today's HDMI 2.1 hardware supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), which increases the digital bandwidth dramatically to support uncompressed and lossless high-resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby TrueHD and Atmos, plus DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS: X. The AudioQuest Carbon 48 includes four Silver-Plated Forest 48-level audio/video data pairs, but with a far superior single data pair for the TV’s audio output. By upgrading the eARC data path only, audiophile quality is made possible at a fraction of the cost of upgrading all five data pairs.
PVC or Braided Jacket: AudioQuest Carbon 48 HDMI cables that are 10' (3.0M) or greater in length feature a PVC jacket that is CMG (CL3/FT4) in-wall rated. Carbon 48 HDMI cables that are 7.5' (2.25M) or less feature a non-PVC, braideded jacket that is not in-wall rated.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: AudioQuest Carbon 48 HDMI cables are precisely manufactured to ensure a high level of reliability and are backed by a non-transferable, limited lifetime warranty. Proof of original purchase is required; other restrictions apply.
1 question already asked