About the AudioQuest Monsoon Power Cable
Upgrade that weak link
Upgrade that weak link
The power coming from your wall outlet is the bedrock that your A/V system's performance is built on. If your power cable can't keep noise out, your audio and video experience is going to be seriously hindered. Stock power cords are the biggest culprit for interference. Their flimsy, cheap design acts like a magnet for electrical noise. Rarely will they ever have the proper shielding and internal structure to keep that noise out.
AudioQuest always aims to minimize noise, so naturally, they made a power cable that's designed to keep the bad stuff out and the good stuff in. The Monsoon-series cables help to keep unwanted noise from interfering with your audio and visual experience. This cable features a 20-amp IEC-19 plug that makes it a perfect match for the high-performance AudioQuest Niagara 7000 power conditioner/surge protector.
Serious equipment requires serious guts
AudioQuest tests each and every batch of metal conductors they put in their cables to ensure the performance is up to their standards. If you were to cut the cable open, you'd find that there are two high-purity conductor layers: an outer Perfect Surface Copper+ (PSC+) layer and an inner Long Grain Copper (LGC) core. Those two work together to reduce distortion. The grains of the conductors are non-symmetrical, meaning their grain structure is directional. The company does this to bleed noise out of the cable where it would otherwise cause unwanted distortion. It also has AQ's patented Ground Noise Dissipation technology built-in to provide additional filtering.
- outer Perfect-Surface Copper+ and inner Long-Grain Copper direction-controlled conductors
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C19" connector for component
- true-concentric conductor arrangement reduces strand interaction, distortion, and magnetic confusion
- textile braid cover reduces kinks and improves durability
- low DC resistance and zero characteristic impedance help deliver uncompressed transients on demand
- maximum current capacity: 20 amps
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MONSOONUS0220
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioQuest Monsoon Power Cable