About the AudioQuest PowerQuest G8
Space-friendly strip with advanced AudioQuest protection
The AudioQuest PowerQuest G8 features 5 AC outlets on one side and 3 on the other side, spaced out to fit larger plugs.
Space-friendly strip with advanced AudioQuest protection
AudioQuest makes some of the best, most cutting-edge power protection gear we sell. But most are either a beefier power strip or a component style that's designed to fit in an audio rack or larger home theater setup. The AudioQuest PowerQuest G8 surge protector sports a scaled-down strip design and has a 45-degree angled plug, so it can fit into tighter spaces — while still offering eight protected AC outlets and two quick-charging USB ports.
Protection from both sudden and everyday spikes
The PowerQuest G8 is designed to save your electronic gear from "catastrophic" power surges caused by lightning strikes and other major events. But where it differs from the average, office-store power strip is how it protects from smaller power spikes and surges that happen throughout the day. AudioQuest's Micro-Spike technology senses these spikes and helps ensure your gear receives the proper amount of power.
This surge protector also feature RF line noise dissipation. That helps lower noise generated by cell towers, AM/FM, Bluetooth, and shortwave signals, so your gear performs its best.
Two fast-charging USB ports
One more convenient feature: at the end of the strip you'll find a USB-A port and USB-C port. Both are protected and offer fast charging for your compatible phone, tablet, or device.
- 8 protected AC power outlets
- 3 outlets further spaced out to accommodate larger plugs
- protects against catastrophic surges and smaller everyday spikes in power
- RF noise dissipation for cleaner power
- 2 protected high-speed USB ports for fast charging
- 1 USB-A port (5VDC/2.4A) and 1 USB-C ports (5VDC/3.0A)
- 6-ft. power cord with right-angle plug
- 2160-joule protection (maximum spike 6kV, 144kA)
- 11-15/16"W x 1-7/16"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: 5-year limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lifetime $500,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed AudioQuest surge protector); valid only in the United States
- MFR # POWER G8
What's in the box:
AudioQuest PowerQuest G8 owner's manual
- Surge suppressor with attached 70" power cord
- User Manual
- Product Registration card
AudioQuest PowerQuest G8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the AudioQuest PowerQuest G8
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Total Current Capacity||15|
|USB Connections||1A + 1C|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||No|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$500,000|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Audioquest PowerQuest® G8 is an 8-outlet power strip with surge suppression and noise filtration. The G8 not only protects your equipment from catastrophic power surges from lightning strikes, it suppresses tiny micro-spike AC power surges which occur every day. In addition to the 8 protected AC outlets, the G8 offers USB-A and USB-C high-speed charging ports for your rechargeable devices.
8 AC Outlets: The PowerQuest G8 is equipped with 8 AC outlets. Five of the outlets are aligned on one side of the power strip for standard sized AC plugs. The other three are spaced wide apart on the other side to accommodate large transformer-type AC plugs (also known as "wall warts").
USB Charging Ports: The PQ G8 offers two high-speed USB ports for your USB-powered devices and for charging cell phones and tablets. The USB-A port provides 5V / 2.4A of charging power, while the USB-C port is rated up to 5V / 3.0A. Used together, the USB ports combine up to 5V / 3.4A.
Triple Protection: The Audioquest PowerQuest G8 features 3-way protection:
- Catastrophic Surge Protection: Most surge suppressors protect against surges caused by lightning strikes. The PQ G8 offers 2160 Joules of protection with a maximum spike of 6 kV and 144 kA.
- Micro-Spike Technology: What sets the G8 apart is its protection from micro-spikes that occur every day. Micro-spikes are caused by outside sources (fluctuating voltage from the power company) and in-house sources from large appliances (refrigerators and electric ranges) and HVAC systems. Over time, micro-spikes cause cumulative damage to your electronics. The G8's Micro-Spike Technology stops the smaller power spikes to protect your valuable electronic gear.
- RF Noise-Dissipation: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) can be found everywhere: Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi, mobile phones, cordless telephones. RFI gets into your AC power and can cause performance issues with your audio and video components. The PowerQuest G8 filters RF noise from the AC power going to your A/V gear, so you get the best performance possible.
Power Cord/Plug: The PQ G8 has a 70" power cord with a flat, right-angled plug. The wall-hugging plug protrudes less than an inch when plugged into a wall outlet, so furniture and other objects can be snugged up against it. The cord comes off the plug at a 45° angle to make it easy to install in tight places.
Audioquest Assurance: Audioquest offers the Connected Equipment Protection Warranty for 5 years from the date of purchase, up to $500,000.00. Audioquest will repair or replace, at its option, any equipment that is damaged by a transient voltage surge/spike or lightning spike that contacts the connected component via the AC line. Power surges or spikes via an incoming signal line are not applicable to this warranty. The PowerQuest G8 must be properly wired via the building's AC power line (outlet), with a protective ground. Details and restrictions can be found here.
- Electrical Rating: 120VAC, 15A, 60Hz, 1800W
- Surge Protection: 2160 Joules
- Maximum Spike: 6kV, 144kA
- Filtration: Radio Frequency AC Line -40dB (150kHz-100MHz)
- USB Charging: 2 High-speed USB Charging Ports (USB-A and USB-C)
- USB-A: up to 5V DC / 2.4A
- USB-C: up to 5V DC / 3.0A
- USB-A + USB-C Combined: up to 5V DC 3.4A
- Dimensions: Width 3.308", Height 1.349", Length 11.234" (12.25" w/cord)
- Weight: 1.44 pounds
- Compliance: C-UL Listed - 1449 Series III
1 question already asked
It works as advertised so far, the only gripe I have is that you can't install it on the wall which would have been great to keep it off the floor and avoid water damage!
Heriberto from Caguas, PR