About the AudioQuest Vodka
See and hear the best that your system can deliver
See and hear the best that your system can deliver
If you want to enjoy top-notch performance from all your HD and Ultra HD gear, consider AudioQuest Vodka HDMI. This beautifully made cable provides superior signal transfer for your high-end home theater gear. It's rated "High Speed with Ethernet," so it can carry the highest-resolution video available — all the way up to 4K at 60 frames per second. Connecting your components with AQ Vodka is a great way to prepare your system for the most cutting-edge features available today, as well as what's on the way.
Supports 4K video
Vodka HDMI cables are made with premium materials throughout to maximize the crystal-clear picture and sound quality available from the latest digital sources. AudioQuest HDMI cables are designed to carry 100% of the data required for all of HDMI's current audio/video features including 4K video, HDR, and multichannel high-resolution audio.
AudioQuest Vodka is fully backward-compatible with HDMI 1.3 and earlier cables. Bit Error Rate testing ensures that every cable passes signals as accurately as possible.
Silver-plated solid copper conductors for better signal transfer
AudioQuest Vodka uses solid-core, 10% silver-plated conductors to ensure every bit of picture and sound information makes it to your gear. Silver is the most conductive metal; silver-plated copper conductors are ideal for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. Because these signals travel mostly on the surface of the conductor, Vodka's high-purity silver plating provides performance that's close to that of a solid silver cable, but at a lower price.
Audioquest winds all their HDMI cables at half the speed of other manufacturers. Winding the cables slower allows the conductors to be more precisely placed, creating greater consistency, reliability and performance. Solid Polyethylene insulation ensures stable conductor geometry while minimizing insulation induced phase distortion.
- latest HDMI 2.0 features:
- supports 4K/60Hz and HDR (18 Gbps maximum bandwidth)
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from the TV back to an A/V receiver
- 30-gauge solid-core, silver-plated copper conductors (silver layer is 10% of total conductor)
- solid polyethylene insulation
- Carbon-Base 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System prevents most RF interference from reaching the equipment's ground plane
- braided jacket
- silver-plated contacts
- CMG/FT4-rated for in-wall installation
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HDMVOD01
What's in the box:
- 1-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
AudioQuest Vodka reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioQuest Vodka
HDMI 2.0 Certified: The AudioQuest Vodka HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification and supports the ultra high speed 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K UHD, HDR, high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 4K UHD: Supports resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience. With stunning 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) detail is strikingly sharper.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) reproduces a wider range of brightness levels than conventional video, which brings a deeper contrast to the screen, greater color intensity without being oversaturated, and incredible detail in low-light images. Watching movies and TV shows mastered in HDR will give you a vivid new viewing experience filled with brilliant color and dramatic contrast.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Robust Construction: The AudioQuest Vodka HDMI cable features robust construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid 10% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Vodka HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Carbon-Base 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment's ground reference requires AQ's Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction in AudioQuest HDMI cables, and care is even taken to run the conductors used in the Audio Return Channel in the opposite direction to ensure the best performance for that application. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?