About the Boyo VTL17IRTJ
See where you're headed (in reverse)
See where you're headed (in reverse)
Improve your parking lot skills. Boyo's VTL17IRTJ all-weather rear-view cam will have you parallel parking like a pro, thanks to active parking lines that bend to match your trajectory. Boyo makes installation more straightforward by mounting this cam onto a sturdy strap that stealthily attaches behind any license plate. Once you power the camera and run the included video cable to the screen in your dash, you'll see a 170º wide-angle view when you're backing up your vehicle. Selectable reverse image and parking lines make this a perfect choice if you want a front camera.
Enhanced infrared night vision and more
Boyo builds in powerful IR lights to ensure the best possible picture when light is limited. You'll get a good look behind you, even in the darkest parking garage.
- waterproof rear-view camera and bar-style mount with infrared lights and active parking lines
- universal fit
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 170-degree wide angle
- selectable reverse image and parking lines
- works in low light
- resolution: 600 TV lines (720 x 480)
- 22' RCA extension cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTL17IRTJ
What's in the box:
- Backup camera w/ license-plate bracket (attached 4.75' cable)
- 8" Camera to RCA/Power wire adapter
- 24' RCA/Power extension cable
- Surface-mount bracket
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws
- Two-sided tape
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
Boyo VTL17IRTJ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTL17IRTJ
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Resolution||720 x 480|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||0|
Front or Backup Camera: The Boyo VTL17IRTJ can be used as a backup camera with a mirror image or front camera with a normal image. To use as a front camera, you'll need to cut the white wire loop labeled "mirror image/non-mirror switch".
Note: The Boyo VTL17IRTJ is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always look around you to make sure everything is clear.
CMOS Image Sensor w/ Built-in IR(s): The Boyo VTL17IRTJ backup camera is equipped with a CMOS image sensor with a 720 (h) x 480 (h) resolution for high quality video. Integrated IR(s) on either side of the camera provide excellent visibility at night.
Wide Viewing Angle + Angle Adjustment: The VTL17IRTJ backup camera offers a 170° wide viewing angle, so you can see more of what's behind you. You can also physically angle the camera's mounting bracket up or down (between 30°-40°) for the best view behind your vehicle.
Dynamic Park Assist Lines: The Boyo VTL17IRTJ will display park assist lines on your connected monitor to aid you in backing up into a parking spot. A built-in gyro-sensor allows the park assist lines to dynamically curve as you steer and angle your vehicle.
Note: The dynamic park assist lines can be turned on or off. To disable the dynamic park assist lines, you must cut the blue wire loop labeled "parking lines on/off".
Waterproof (IP67): The Boyo VTL17IRTJ features a waterproof (IP67) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
Composite Video Output: The camera has a composite video output (RCA via the included adapter) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The total length of the camera's video cable and power wire is 29' 2", while the total length of the ground wire is 5' 2".
Mounting Options: The Boyo VTL17IRTJ backup camera features an integrated license plate bracket which mounts behind your vehicle's license plate frame (mounting hardware is included). A surface-mount bracket is also included, if prefer to not use the license plate mounting bracket.
- The Boyo VTL17IRTJ is designed to work best on vehicles that have a license plate located at the center and above the bumper. If your vehicle has a plate location that is offset to the left side, right side or your plate is located under the bumper then the VTL17IRTJ may not provide optimum performance.
- The backup camera must be mounted at a 30° to 40° angle for proper sensitivity, accuracy, and performance. It should not be mounted horizontally or vertically straight.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked