About the Boyo VTC1743M Bundle
Backup view in your rear-view
Backup view in your rear-view
I've driven many more years without a backup cam than with one, but I can't imagine going back to just mirrors. If you've been doing without a backup cam, Boyo's VTC1743M backup camera system provides a creative solution: a strap-on mirror with a built-in 4.3" video monitor and an infrared backup cam.
Boyo's backup camera gives you a 170-degree wide-angle reverse view that makes backing up a breeze. The waterproof night-vision camera also includes selectable parking lines, and you can reverse the image so it can be used as a front camera. The camera's sturdy strap mounts behind your license plate.
Use your mirror as a monitor
Boyo's mirror straps over your factory mirror and is a convenient solution when adding a multimedia receiver isn't an option. You'll get a crisp view of what's behind you in the place where it's most natural to look — your rear-view mirror.
Installation will require running wire for power and video between the mirror and the camera. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
- backup camera and rear-view mirror/monitor
- CMOS image sensor
- 170-degree horizontal viewing angle
- mounts over license plate
- IP67 waterproof rating
- built-in LEDs for low light use
- selectable parking lines and reverse image
- resolution: 720 x 480
- strap-on rear-view mirror with 4.3" built-in monitor and universal mirror mount
- resolution: 480 x 272
- auto-reverse video trigger
- 22' video cable included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTC1743M
What's in the box:
- Monitor/mirror (attached 18" video cable w/ proprietary connector)
- Camera w/ integrated bracket (attached 58" video cable w/ proprietary connector)
- 25' Video extension cable (composite video on one end / proprietary connector on other end)
- 80" Mirror cable (proprietary connector on one end / composite video / bare-ended power / ground and reverse wires on other end)
- 2 Rubber fastening straps
- Composite video barrel connector
- Two 20mm screws
- Two 24mm screws
- Alternate camera mount w/ adhesive backing and two 10mm screws
- Installation sheet
- User manual
- Warranty information
- Product registration
Boyo VTC1743M Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTC1743M Bundle
Overview: The Boyo VTC1743M backup camera kit includes a rear-view camera, pre-mounted to the included bracket, along with a strap-on rear-view mirror/monitor and all the necessary cabling and brackets.
Rearview Mirror-Monitor: The included TFT LCD rearview mirror-monitor simply snaps over your vehicle's existing factory rearview mirror and is secured in place with 2 fastening straps. The 9.75" rearview mirror incorporates an inset 4.3" LCD monitor (480 x 272) to the left side of the mirror. The rearview mirror-monitor's input cable features dual composite video inputs, one for the included backup camera and one for an optional dash camera (sold separately).
Auto Dimming: Automatic dimming adjustment helps you see a clear image day or night by dimming the camera image when the ambient light level is low and will brighten the camera image when the ambient light brightens.
Backup Camera: The included backup camera features a pre-installed license plate bracket for mounting it in the rear of the vehicle. The backup camera employs a 1/3" CMOS image sensor with a resolution of 720 x 480 pixels. The backup camera provides a 120˚-170° wide viewing angle behind the vehicle.
- IR LEDs: The camera's built-in IR LEDs provide improved night vision with 0.1Lux.
- Parking Guidelines: The backup camera offers parking guidelines (red/yellow/green) to help you backup into a parking spot. You can turn the parking guidelines off by cutting the blue wire-loop on the backup camera's cable.
- Normal/Reverse Image: The rear-view image is preset to display a Reverse image, but can be changed to a Normal view by cutting the white loop-wire on the backup camera's cable.
- Automatic Rearview Switching: The VTC1743M features automatic rear-view switching. This means that when you place your vehicle in reverse gear, the rearview mirror-monitor will automatically switch over to the backup camera's video signal so you can see what's behind you immediately.
Note: The backup camera and license plate bracket measures: 7.75" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 1.25" (d).
Dual Video Inputs: In addition to the composite video camera input, the rearview mirror-monitor features a second composite video input for connecting a front dash camera or external video source.
Waterproof IP67: The backup camera features a waterproof IP67 housing to protect it against the outdoor elements.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked