About the Boyo VTK501HD
Mount for any job
Mount for any job
Boyo prioritizes fit and a good look with their VTK501HD backup cam. Take your pick from five included mounting brackets for the best possible installation.
Boyo's camera provides a 170° HD view of what's behind you. Ultra-low Lux capability means that a lack of light won't be an issue when you're navigating tight spots in reverse. You can wire the camera to display parking lines at the time of installation, and you can select reverse image if you choose to use this as a front-view cam.
With five mounts to choose from, you'll have the tools necessary to pull off a factory-worthy installation. A metal square mount, a metal flush mount, a metal angle mount, a contoured rubber mount, or a license plate mount — the eyeball-shaped camera fits into all of them. And Boyo gives you a 30-foot power cable and a 24-foot video cable to connect the camera to your monitor (not included) up front in your dash.
Note: You'll need to cut a 15/16" diameter hole for the supplied flush mount.
- waterproof CMOS color backup camera
- 30-foot power/camera harness and 24-foot video cable
- five mounting options:
- metal square mount
- metal flush mount
- metal angle mount
- license plate mount
- contoured rubber mount
- universal fit
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 170° wide angle
- selectable parking guidelines
- selectable reverse image
- minimum illumination: 0.1 Lux
- resolution: 700 TV lines
- IP rating: IP68
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTK501HD
What's in the box:
- Camera (attached 6' cable)
- 4' Power/ground cable
- 24' Composite video cable
- License-plate bracket
- Two-piece surface-mount bracket
- Metal shroud
- Rubber angle mount
- Metal angle mount
- Metal angle bracket
- Metal clip
- 3 Pan-head self-tapping screws
- 2 Flange-head self-tapping screws
- 5 Pan-head machine screws
- 4 Counter-sunk machine screws
- 2 Hex-bolts
- 2 Hex-nuts
- 2 Flat-washers
- 2 Lock-washers
- 2 Plastic rings
- 2 Rubber rings
- 25mm Hole-saw bit
- 3M tape
- Camera adjust tools
- User's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Sheet
Boyo VTK501HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTK501HD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.1 lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||N/A|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Front or Backup Camera: The Boyo VTK501HD can be used as a backup camera with a mirror image or front camera with a normal image. To use as a front camera, you'll need to cut the white wire loop labeled "mirror".
Note: The Boyo VTK501HD is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always look around you to make sure everything is clear.
Composite Video Output: The Boyo VTK501HD camera is fitted with a composite video connector (RCA) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The total length of the camera's video cable is 30'.
CMOS Image Sensor & Wide-Angle Lens: The Boyo VTK501HD camera is equipped with a CMOS image sensor with a 976 (w) x 592 (h) resolution for high quality video and has a 0.1 Lux minimum illumination for excellent visibility in low light. It features a wide-angle lens with a 170-degree viewing angle for better visibility behind or in front of your vehicle.
Parking Guidelines: The VTK501HD camera provides parking assist lines on the screen of your aftermarket display monitor. These parking lines are there to assist you when backing up into a parking space. There are two vertical lines which help you judge the left and right edges of the parking space and your vehicle. There are also three color-coded (green/yellow/red) horizontal lines that are used to distinguish how close you are getting to the end of the parking spot.
Note: If you do not need and want to remove the parking guidelines, then cut the blue loop of the cable that is attached to the camera.
Waterproof (IP68): The Boyo VTK501HD features a waterproof (IP68) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
5 Mounting Options: The Boyo VTK501HD offers 5 different mounting options to fit a variety of vehicle applications. It includes a plastic flush-mount bracket, a metal surface-mount bracket, a metal angled bracket, a rubber angled bracket, and a metal license-plate bracket. All mounting hardware is included.
- Flush-Mount Bracket: The included flush-mount bracket requires you drill a 1" (25mm) diameter hole in your vehicle's exterior panel. A hole-saw bit is included. The camera mounts in this opening and features an integrated spring-loaded mounting bracket which secures the camera in place. The camera with the flush-mount bracket installed measures 1.125" (diameter) x 0.75" (depth).
- Surface-Mount Bracket: The included metal surface-mount bracket and metal shroud allows you to mount the camera to a flat surface on the back or front of your vehicle. The surface-mount bracket can be secured with 3M tape or screws. The surface-mount bracket allows you to adjust the tilt angle up the camera up or down. The camera with the surface-mount bracket and metal shroud installed measures 1.5625" (w) x 1.125" (h) x 1.25" (d).
- Metal Angled Bracket: The metal angled bracket mounts to the underside of a flat surface of your vehicle, such as the lip around your vehicle's rear license plate on the trunk, hatch, tail-gate, or cargo area. The metal angled bracket can be secured with 3M tape or screws. The camera with the metal angled bracket installed measures 1.625" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 1.1875" (d).
- Rubber Angled Bracket: The rubber angled bracket mounts to the underside of a flat surface of your vehicle, such as the lip around your vehicle's rear license plate on the trunk, hatch, tail-gate, or cargo area. The rubber angled bracket can be secured with 3M tape only. The camera with the rubber angled bracket installed measures 2.0625" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 1.0625" (d).
- License Plate Bracket: The included license plate bracket mounts behind the license plate frame on the front or rear of your vehicle. The license plate bracket is designed to work best on vehicles that have a license plate located in the center. If your vehicle has a plate location that is offset to the left side or right side then the VTK501HD may not provide optimum performance. The license plate bracket allows you to adjust the tilt angle up the camera up or down. The camera with the license plate bracket installed measures 9.75" (w) x 1.375" (h) x 1.75" (d).
Note: The camera is labeled with an "UP" to indicate the orientation of the camera when installing it on your vehicle. Make sure the camera's "UP" label is facing up once installed.
Power & Ground: The power (red) & ground (black) wires of the camera will need to be hardwired. Power can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the reverse gear wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground will need to connected to your vehicle's metal chassis.
The Boyo VTK501HD replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked