About the Boyo VT-BP3
The bird's eye advantage
The bird's eye advantage
It's so cool it seems like magic. Boyo's VT-BP3 camera uses a separate image processor to create a real-time video that provides a bird's eye view as if the cam were hovering twenty feet over your vehicle. Of course, Boyo provides a standard backup cam view as well. So, when you look at your in-dash video monitor (not included), you'll see a split-screen view with the bird's eye view on the left side of your screen and an incredible 180° view on the right side. Perfect parking is within reach thanks to this innovative Boyo camera system.
How it works
Boyo provides a compact camera with an advanced Sony CMOS sensor which you'll mount on the provided license plate bracket or small universal bracket. This camera is wired to a separate image processing module which you'll stash in a convenient spot inside your vehicle. Boyo provides a cable to connect the camera and image processing module to your touchscreen radio or monitor in the front of your vehicle.
Additionally, you'll need to wire the camera and module for power by tapping into your factory reverse light wiring. The final, essential step before you're up and running involves calibration of your new video system — Boyo provides a calibration mat and setup software to get you up and running.
Get the most out of your new camera system by using Boyo's included remote control which allows you to adjust setting to accommodate your parking preferences.
- waterproof bird's eye view and rear-view camera
- separate camera module for image processing
- remote control included
- video calibration mat included
- video and power harnesses included
- universal fit
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 180-degree wide angle
- two mounting options included
- SONY CMOS image sensor
- minimum illumination: 0.0 Lux
- resolution: 1280 x 960
- module dimensions: 2-3/4"W x 13/16"H x 4-3/8"D
- camera dimensions:
- 1-5/8"W x 1-1/4"H x 1-5/8"D (surface mount)
- 7-3/4"W x 1-7/16"H x 1-7/9"D (license plate mount)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VT-BP3
What's in the box:
- Control module
- Backup camera (attached 3' cable)
- 26' Camera cable
- 4' Control module cable
- Surface-mount bracket (pre-installed)
- License-plate bracket
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- Calibration cloth
- 2 Pan-head screws
- 2 Flange-head screws
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Sheet
Boyo VT-BP3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VT-BP3
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||0.001 Lux/F1.2|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180-deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||N/A|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Backup Camera System: The Boyo VT-BP3 backup camera system provides a rear "birds-eye" and wide rear-view of your vehicle while in reverse to allow you to indentify the vehicle's position, obstacle distance, and surrounding environment for safer reversing. The Boyo VT-BP3 consists of a rear view camera with a Sony CCD image sensor and 180-degree wide-angle lens, a hide-away control module with IR repeater and remote, a calibration cloth (mat), and two mounting options (surface or license-plate mount).
Note: The Boyo VT-BP3 backup camera system is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the backup camera system. In addition to using the backup camera system, always look around you to make sure everything is clear.
Composite Video Output: The Boyo VT-BP3 backup camera system features a composite video connector (RCA) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The total length of the camera system's video cable is 29' (from the backup camera to aftermarket radio). However, the composite video cable that is within the control module's harness is only 19" (make sure the control module is mounted within 19" of the composite video camera jack on back of your aftermarket radio).
CCD Camera w/ Wide-Viewing Angle: The Boyo VT-BP3's backup camera features a Sony CCD image sensor with a resolution of 1280 x 960 for high-quality video. The camera also offers a wide-angle lens for a 180-degree viewing angle behind your vehicle. The system utilizes image distortion correction and image stitching when in reverse to achieve the best picture possible.
Parking Guidelines: The VT-BP3 camera provides parking assist lines on the screen of your aftermarket display monitor. These parking lines are there to assist you when backing up into a parking space. There are two vertical lines which help you judge the left and right edges of the parking space and your vehicle. There are also three color-coded (green/yellow/red) horizontal lines that are used to distinguish how close you are getting to the end of the parking spot.
Note: The parking guidelines are turned off by default and must be turned off within the control module's menu using the included remote control.
Control Module w/ Remote: The Boyo VT-BP3 includes a control module with a dual-core CortexA7 processor to calibrate the backup camera system. The control module features an external IR repeater and comes with an IR remote for wireless operation. The IR repeater needs to be mounted in line-of-sight of the remote control. The control module is mounted under or behind the dash. The included calibration cloth (mat) is placed behind the vehicle to aid in calibrating the backup camera system. The control module and remote allows you to adjust the following parameters to calibrate the backup system.
- Vehicle Type: You can identify the type of vehicle - Car, SUV, or Other. You can then manuall adjust the width (55-98") and length (126-216.5") of the vehicle.
- Video Cropping: You can crop and size the video image displayed from the backup camera system.
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the camera's video image by indicating the Brightness, Saturation, and Contrast levels.
- Standby Time: You can set the duration (1/3/8 seconds) of how long the camera image is displayed after the vehicle is taken out of reverse.
Note: During initial setup, the calibration cloth (mat) needs to be place parallel to the back of the vehicle at a distance of approximately 5.9".
Waterproof (IP68): The VT-BP3's backup camera features a waterproof (IP68) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes. The control module and remote are not waterproof.
Mounting Options: The Boyo VT-BP3's backup camera system comes with a pre-installed surface mount bracket and a license-plate bracket to fit a variety of vehicle applications.
- Surface-mount Bracket: The included metal surface-mount bracket allows you to mount the camera to the under side of a flat surface on the back of your vehicle, such as under the lip of the trunk, hatch, or tailgate just above the license plate (mounting screws included). The camera needs to be mounted from underneath the mounting surface with the screw-holes facing up, otherwise image from the camera will not be right side up. The surface-mount bracket allows you to adjust the tilt angle up the camera up or down. The camera with the surface-mount bracket and metal shroud installed measures 1.625" (w) x 1.25" (h) x 1.625" (d).
- License Plate Bracket: The included license plate bracket mounts behind the license plate frame on the front or rear of your vehicle (you'll use the existing screws from your vehicle's license plate). The license plate bracket is designed to work best on vehicles that have a license plate located in the center. If your vehicle has a plate location that is offset to the left side or right side then the VT-BP3 may not provide optimum performance. The license plate bracket allows you to adjust the tilt angle up the camera up or down. The camera with the license plate bracket installed measures 7.75" (w) x 1.4375" (h) x 1.875" (d).
Note: Make sure to check the orientation of the camera's image on your aftermarket radio's video screen before finalizing installation.
Power & Ground: The backup camera and control module will require power & ground connections that will need to be hardwired. Power for the camera can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the reverse gear wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground will need to connected to your vehicle's metal chassis. The control module will require accessory and constant power, as well as ground.
3 questions already asked