About the Boyo VTC525R
The simpler way to back up
The simpler way to back up
If you thought adding a backup camera to your commercial vehicle would be a pain, Boyo gives you good reason to rethink that. Boyo's VTC525R wireless rear-view camera system removes the hassle of a major wired installation. Boyo uses a universal, practical design so that your new equipment isn't so noticeable. The camera itself is in a bar-style, weather-proof housing that you screw on over your license plate, and the included 5" monitor mounts in a convenient spot on your dash or windshield.
Boyo takes some of the headache out of installation with this wireless solution. Mount your camera on your license plate and wire it for power, then connect power and ground to the monitor as well. Once they're powered on, you're ready for reverse.
A better picture at night
Boyo's wireless zinc metal camera sports an IP68 waterproof rating for life in the elements. A 130º wide-angle view will provide an expansive picture when you're in reverse, and the camera's eight LED lights ensure you'll still get a clear picture from dusk until dawn.
- wireless system with bar-type license plate back-up camera and 5" monitor
- transmission distance up to 67'
- resistant to 2.4GHz wireless signal or other RF signals
- CMOS image sensor with color video output
- 130° horizontal viewing angles
- zinc metal weather-proof camera housing designed to screw onto license plate
- parking lines and reverse image selectable at installation
- 20-30 frames per second
- 8 built-in LED lights
- wired DC 12V/24V power required
- IP68 waterproof rating
- resolution: 800x480
- 5" color TFT monitor
- adjustable fittings for dash or windshield mounting
- adjustable contrast and brightness
- wired DC 12V/24V power required (vehicle power point and hard wire options)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTC525R
What's in the box:
- 5" TFT LCD monitor w/ attached 39" power cable
- Camera w/ license-plate bracket (attached 8' cable w/ power plug / antenna / LED power wire)
- Lighter adapter w/ 8' cable
- Two 8' power cables (camera/monitor plug on one end / bare-ended power/ground wires on other end)
- Windshield mount
- Dash mount w/ 3M adhesive
- Monitor visor
- 4" Antenna
- Two 3/4" hex-head screws
- 2 Hex-nuts
- 2 Flat-washers
- 2 Lock-washers
- 5 mm Allen-key
- 1.5 mm Allen-key
- User manual
- Warranty sheet
- Product registration card
More details on the Boyo VTC525R
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||130|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
Wireless Backup Camera System: The Boyo VTC525R Wireless Backup Camera System features an external LCD monitor and a license-plate backup camera, both with built-in Wifi. The wireless camera at the back of your car, truck, or SUV will send its video signal to the wireless monitor in the front of the vehicle which turns on automatically. Images at the back of your vehicle will then be shown clearly on the monitor's screen. The wireless rear view camera system has a wireless range up to 67' (line of sight), and when your vehicle's reverse gear is engaged, the VTC525R system will activate automatically.
Note: The Boyo VTC525R is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera system when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Wifi: The VTC525R utilizes built-in wifi to transmit the rear camera image to the included 5" monitor, eliminating the need for running a video cable the length of the vehicle. A wifi signal isn't susceptible to interference from 2.4GHz wireless or other RF signals, and has less than 100ms of latency. Pairing of the camera and monitor happens automatically when both units are powered on for the first time. If either part needs to be replaced, a simple pairing option can be accessed in the monitor menu.
5" LCD Monitor: The TFT LCD monitor features a 5" (diagonal) screen with a resolution of 800 x 480. You can manually adjust the monitor's Brightness, Contrast, Color, Pairing, and Parking Lines On/Off via the on-screen menu. The monitor can display video from the backup camera along with on-screen guidelines to help you park when backing into a parking spot. The guidelines can be turned on or off and the rear image can be set for Normal, Reverse, Upside Down, or Upside Down Reverse. A 4" wifi antenna on a right-angle mount gets attached to the rear of the monitor.
License-Plate Backup Camera: The included zinc metal bar-type license-plate backup camera features a 1/3" CMOS image sensor with a wide-angle lens providing a 130° viewing angle. The backup camera features an IP68-rated waterproof housing to protect it against dust and rain, and includes eight built-in LED lights, allowing the camera lens to capture video in total darkness. The LEDs, along with the camera, get powered by the vehicle's reverse wire, activating when the vehicle is put into reverse.
Mounting: The LCD monitor and backup camera both come with mounting hardware that will surface mount to your vehicle.
- LCD Monitor: The LCD Monitor can be mounted to a windshield, using the supplied suction cup mount, or can be attached to a flat surface using the supplied surface-mount bracket with 3M adhesive. A monitor visor is also included to help block direct sunlight and glare.
- Backup Camera: The backup camera's integrated mounting bracket is designed to install onto the top of just about any license plate. Once installed, the mounting bracket allows you to tilt the angle of the camera and built-in LEDs up or down.
Wiring: Both the backup camera and LCD monitor require +12 volt power and ground for operation. Each includes an 8' power/ground cable, with both power wires getting attached to the reverse wire in the vehicle. This allows the reversing signal to activate the monitor and the camera automatically. The camera's power/ground cable also includes an additional wire for powering the LED lights. This gets tied into the vehicle's reverse circuit along with the camera's power wire. The camera's wifi antenna is included in this cable as well. Note: Both the monitor and camera antennas need to be oriented either completely vertical or horizontal with both in the same position. Poor signal transmission may result otherwise.
USB Charging: The included vehicle lighter adapter features a built-in USB port for charging portable devices. This outputs 12VDC / 3.5A.
- LCD Monitor (w/o mount): Width - 5.125", Height - 3.25", Depth - 1.0"
- Surface-Mount Bracket: Width (base) - 2.125", Height - 2.0"
- Suction-Mount Bracket: Diameter - 2.750", Extension from windshield - approx. 3.0"
- Backup Camera (w/ integrated bracket): Width - 7.5", Height - 1.0", Depth - 1.5"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked