About the Boyo VTL422TJS
Know what's behind you when you back up
Know what's behind you when you back up
This sleek, slim Boyo backup camera gives you a great view of what's behind your vehicle, day or night. It offers plenty of cool features and it's housed in a durable zinc metal bar that won't obscure your license plate.
Extra help from active parking lines
With this camera, you won't just see where you're going, you'll also get help getting there. The active parking lines will curve with you as you steer your vehicle backwards, so you'll have an extra sense of security in crowded parking lots.
Get the view you want
The camera is mounted on an up/down swivel, so you can get exactly the picture you want. With a CMOS image sensor, a wide 175° viewing angle, and lens distortion correction, you'll get a crisp, clear view of what's back there. The automatic white balance adjuster is a big help in bright sunlight and the frame also has built-in LED lights that really help out at night. The camera sports an IP67 waterproof rating, so you can count on it even when the weather gets nasty.
Available in Black or Chrome.
Installation Note: Installing this camera requires routing a video/power cable from your license plate to the monitor in the front of the vehicle. If you haven't done this type of project before, you should contact a professional installer.
- color backup camera in a bar-type license plate mount
- includes 28-foot video/power cable
- super-slim zinc bar mounts at the top of your license plate
- active parking lines
- universal fit design is 50-state legal
- selectable active parking lines and reverse image
- built-in LED lights
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 175-degree wide angle
- waterproof (IP67 rating)
- CMOS image sensor with 600 TV lines
- night vision rating: 0 Lux (with LEDs on)
- available in Black or Chrome
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTL422TJS
What's in the box:
- Bar-type backup camera (black) w/ attached 20" power & video cable (terminated by a female DC plug and a female composite video jack)
- 24' Video extension cable (male composite video jacks on both ends)
- 39" Power cable (male DC plug on one end / bare-ended power & ground wires on other end)
- Two 24mm hex-socket screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Flat-washers
- 2 Lock-washers
- 1.5mm Allen key
- 2 Camera adjustment set-screws (spares)
- User Manual
- Warranty card
- Product Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTL422TJS
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Resolution||640 x 480|
|Lux Rating||0.5 LUX (LEDs Off)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 Diagonal|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||---|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Overview: The Boyo VTL422TJS short bar-type license plate mounted camera can provide a wide 170˚ diagonal view from the rear of your vehicle. The camera includes built-in selectable LEDs for nighttime illumination while backing up, as well as selectable trajectory parking lines. The VTL422TJS provides a composite video output, allowing it to be used with most aftermarket screens and mobile video monitors (sold separately).
Zinc Alloy Housing: The VTL422TJS's short bar-type bracket is made from zinc alloy metal and covered in a chrome finish with a scratch-resistant coating. The camera's waterproof (IP68) housing is made from the same long-lasting, durable material.
Rear View Camera: The VTL422TJS rear view camera features a highly sensitive 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 600 TV lines (640 horizontal x 480 vertical) for true color reproduction and clear picture quality. The camera features a wide-angle lens with a 170° diagonal viewing angle providing an excellent field of vision behind your vehicle. The rear view camera can be angled up and down within the bar-type bracket for optimal camera aiming. A 1.5mm Allen key is provided for adjusting the camera angle.
LEDs: The Boyo short bar-type license plate camera includes 2 built-in 3W LEDs for added visibility at night and in low-light conditions. A loop-wire on the camera cable is provided for selecting the LEDs On and Off. When off, the VTL422TJS has a LUX of 0.5.
Switchable Features: The VTL422TJS includes 2 loop-wires attached to the camera cable that can be left intact or cut to activate or deactivate camera features.
- White Loop: While intact, this loop provides both Trajectory Parking Lines and a Mirror camera image. Cutting the loop removes the Parking Lines and displays a Normal camera image.
- Blue Loop: Cutting the Blue Loop will disable the LEDs from illuminating while reversing.
Installation: The VTL422TJS attaches to your vehicle's existing license plate frame with the supplied hardware. The integrated rear view camera features an attached 20" video/power/ground cable which connects to the 24' video extension cable. The extension cable is then routed from outside of the vehicle through your vehicle's interior to your vehicle's display monitor or optional stand-alone monitor (not included). The provided 39" power and ground wires for the camera get connected to the vehicle's reverse wire and ground location in the rear of the vehicle.
Note: The camera's power wire should be connected to the vehicle's reverse wire to prevent the LEDs from inadvertently being activated while driving.