About the Boyo VTMBK1
The back-up system for your Sprinter
The back-up system for your Sprinter
You make good use of your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van, so the last thing you'd want is for it to get damaged. Arm yourself against treacherous parking lots with Boyo's VTMBK1 back-up camera system, which includes a replacement mirror with a built-in video monitor and a custom-fit rear-view camera. The best part of all is that Boyo builds this kit to match your factory look.
Boyo's VTS40 rear-view camera gives you a 160-degree wide-angle reverse view that makes backing up a breeze. The waterproof night-vision camera also includes selectable parking lines.
Housed in third brake light assembly
The camera is housed in a third brake light assembly that replaces the factory assembly without having to drill or modify the van's exterior body panels. The assembly is completely functional as a brake light, and adds a custom-looking camera mount. Boyo gives you a lengthy video cable to cover the distance from the back of your van to the included mirror monitor.
Use your mirror as a monitor
Boyo's VTW73M replacement mirror is a convenient solution when adding a multimedia receiver isn't an option. You'll get a crisp view of what's behind you in the place where it's most natural to look — your rear-view mirror. Plus, its built-in Wi-Fi Miracast allows you to mirror your Android™ or iPhone® screen on the mirror's impressive 7.3" monitor. It's a great way to keep an eye on your favorite navigation app.
Installation will require the replacement of your factory rear-view mirror, and running wire for power and video between the Boyo VTW73M mirror and the VTS40 camera. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
- rear-view system for select Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans
- includes Boyo VTS40 3rd brake light back-up camera and VTW73M rear-view mirror/monitor
- CMOS image sensor
- 160-degree horizontal viewing angle
- integrates with third parking brake light strip
- IP68 waterproof rating
- built-in LEDs for low light use
- selectable parking lines
- resolution: 480 lines (720 x 480 pixels)
- light-sensitive down to 0.5 Lux
- replacement rear-view mirror with 7.3" built-in monitor and universal mirror mount
- built-in Wi-Fi Miracast for mirroring Android and iPhone® devices
- touchscreen control
- automatic dimming and brightening
- adjustable parking lines
- adjustable reverse image
- auto-reverse video trigger
- one camera input and one AUX video input
- audio out to vehicle sound system
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTMBK1
What's in the box:
- Rearview monitor-mirror
- Backup camera w/ brakelight housing (attached 18" power/video cables)
- 10.5" Power/video harness
- 32.5' Composite video cable
- 58" Power/ground cable
- Metal plate
- Cable cover
- 2 Plastic brackets
- 6 Wire-ties
- User's Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
More details on the Boyo VTMBK1
Vehicle Compatibility: The BOYO VTMBK1 is a complete backup camera kit designed specifically for 2007-2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans.
- Per Boyo, it is a known issue that when you install this 3rd brake light camera you will get a defective bulb message on the dash. Boyo said the solution some installers have been doing is leaving the factory 3rd brake light in and parallel the new camera off of that. They are working on trying to find the resistance needed to prevent this error message and this work around.
- This backup camera kit is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the backup camera kit. In addition to using the backup camera kit, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Rearview Mirror-Monitor: The included rearview mirror-monitor (VTW73M) replaces your vehicle's existing factory rearview mirror. The rearview mirror-monitor's mounting bracket offers adjustable tilt & swivel. The 8.5" rearview mirror incorporates an inset 7.3" LCD monitor (1280 x 390) that is centered within the mirror. The thickness of the mirror's glass is 4mm; its highly reflective and strong enough to resist impact. The rearview mirror-monitor features dual composite video inputs (one for the included backup camera and one for another external video source). It also offers built-in Miracast, so you can mirror your Android smartphone on the unit's built-in 7.3" LCD monitor.
- Split Screen: In addition to filling up the entire 7.3" LCD monitor with one image, you can select split screen which will display two images at once side by side. Now you can view the backup camera input image along with your smartphone's screen mirroring image at the same time on the BOYO VTW73M.
- Auto Brightness & Picture Adjustment: Automatic brightness adjustment helps you see a clear image day or night. You can also manually adjust the LCD monitor's brightness, contrast, color.
Note: The rearview mirror-monitor measures 9.4375" (w) x 3.375" (h) x 2.0" (d).
Backup Camera: The included backup camera (VTS40) features a brake light housing which replaces the third brake light on top of the van. It mounts directly into the factory third brake light location for a seamless installation and OEM look. The backup camera employs a CMOS image sensor (PC3089) with a resolution of 720 (h) x 480 (v) pixels. It provides a 160° wide angle view behind the vehicle and a night distance up to 30' at 0.5 Lux.
- Parking Guidelines: The backup camera offers parking guidelines (red/yellow/green) to help you backup into a parking spot. You can turn the parking guidelines off by cutting the white wire-loop of the camera harness.
- Automatic Rearview Switching: The BOYO VTMBK1 features automatic rear-view switching. This means that when you place your vehicle in reverse gear, the rearview mirror-monitor will automatically switch over to the backup camera's video signal so you can see what's behind you immediately.
Note: The backup camera and brake light housing measures 13.5" (w) x 2.25" (h) x 2.25" (d).
Screen Mirroring: The BOYO VTMBK1backup camera system allows you to mirror your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad (via AirPlay) or Android smartphone/table (via Miracast) on the rearview mirror's 4.3" LCD monitor. This allows you to view navigation apps, videos, and photos on the rearview mirror-monitor. If an audio signal is present, then the audio will also be sent along with the video signal.
Dual Video Inputs: In addition to the composite video camera input, the rearview mirror-monitor features a second composite video input for connecting a front dash camera or external video source.
Audio Output: The rearview mirror-monitor is equipped with a built-in speaker and also features a set of stereo RCA outputs. The stereo RCA outputs can be used to send the rearview mirror-monitor's audio signal to your vehicle's car stereo system (your car stereo must be equipped with an Aux input).
Remote Control: The BOYO VTMBK1comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this complete backup camera kit.
Waterproof IP68: The backup camera features a waterproof IP68 housing to protect it against the outdoor elements.