About the Boyo VTR117GW
If a big reason why you chose your vehicle was the look and feel of the interior, it only makes sense that if you add something to the dash, it ought to look great as well. Boyo's VTR117GW dash cam stands apart from so many in its class for its efficient design and impressively sleek look. Keep tabs on the road ahead without anyone noticing, "Hey, that car's got a dash cam!"
If you want to view video from the VTR117GW, connect your smartphone via Wi-Fi to the dash cam. You'll have the option of video playback or watching your video feed in real-time, using Boyo's free smartphone app.
GPS-tagging and more
Boyo's VTR117GW records the road ahead with a 152° wide-angle lens in full 1080p HD, using the included 16 GB microSD card. The camera will start loop-recording once the engine is turned on and it'll go into sleep mode when the engine is turned off. It's a simple, unobtrusive way to be prepared for the unexpected. An included GPS module geo-stamps your video files with accurate location data and vehicle speed, along with time and date.
If you're involved in an accident, the built-in G-Sensor will detect the collision, then save the critical footage. The G-Sensor is even working when you're not in the car, so if someone hits your parked car and runs, and they're within view of the VTR117GW, you'll have something to show for it.
Grab a quick vid or pic
If something grabs your eye on your drive and you want to be able to review it later, just wave your hand across the cam's gesture sensor area, and the VTR117GW will save a photo or 10-second video (depending on your settings) in that moment.
Boyo gives you a strong 3M adhesive for mounting the VTR117GW and the inline GPS module. Its 12-volt power plug includes dual USB inputs so you can charge two devices while powering the dash cam.
The included 16 GB card will give you hours of video at 1080p, but you can add a larger microSD™ card (up to 64 GB) to increase storage.
Warning: The use of this device and/or a windshield mount may be restricted in some states or jurisdictions.
- digital video recorder with GPS
- also includes vehicle power cable, 3M adhesive, video cable, GPS module, and 16GB microSD card
- dash cam records up to 1080p HD video files at 30 FPS
- use smartphone app for viewing and playback
- connects to smartphone via built-in Wi-Fi
- geostamps video with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed
- parking mode adds extra security
- gesture-triggered photo or video capability
- 152° wide-angle lens
- up to 64 GB storage capacity with compatible microSD card
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTR117GW
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- 16GB micro SD (TF) card (pre-installed in camera)
- Windshield mount with 3M adhesive backing
- GPS Antenna with 2 attached USB cables (one 27" w/micro-B connector and one 10.5' w/type-A connector)
- Lighter adapter USB charger with 2 type-A jacks (1.0 A and 2.1 A)
- Extra 2" x 1.25" 3M adhesive pad
- User manual
- Warranty card
- Product registration card
Boyo VTR117GW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTR117GW
Overview: The Boyo VTR117GW is a full HD dash camera and recorder with Wi-Fi connectivity to your smartphone. Designed to mount on a windshield, the dash camera has a 152˚ horizontal viewing angle and can be vertically rotated approximately 300˚ for flexible viewing options. It records in full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) @ 30 fps and can time/date stamp recordings. The camera comes with a 16GB micro SD (TF) card for storing recordings, but micro SD cards up to 64GB (high speed, class 10 required) can be used. The camera also includes a built-in speaker and microphone.
GPS: The VTR117GW includes a windshield mounted GPS antenna with two built-in USB cables, a 10.5' USB with a type-A connector that plugs into the provided lighter adapter for power, and a 27" USB with a micro-B connector that plugs into the dash cam. The lighter adapter includes 2 USB type-A ports for both powering the camera and charging other devices (1.0 A max on one port, 2.1 A max on the other). The GPS is used for tracking the speed and route of the vehicle, which can be viewed on the app, as well as for geotagging.
Wi-Fi: Recorded video and all settings are done through a Wi-Fi connected smartphone. After downloading the BOYO HD Dashcam APP (Apple, Android), the phone gets connected via Wi-Fi to the camera (default password is "12345678"). Here, you can view any recorded video as well as edit the Settings menu, which allows you to change options like the G-sensor sensitivity, muting the microphone, volume adjustment, as well as any firmware updates available.
Hand Motion: The Boyo dashcam features a "gesture sensor" on the bottom of it that lets you wave your hand underneath the camera, triggering it to either take a photo or a 10 second video (records 5 seconds before and 5 seconds after your hand gesture).
Parking Mode: The VTR117GW includes a 24HR Parking Mode. This is used to monitor the vehicle while parked. During this mode, the video resolution drops to 1 fps to save memory space and reduce battery drain, but upon an impact, the G-sensor switches the camera back to 30 fps for recording the event.
- CPU: Hisilicon3561C_V200
- Image Sensor: Panasonic CMOS sensor
- Lens: 6-glass, 152˚ wide angle, F 1.8
- Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz, 802.11 b/g/n
- G-sensor: Three-axis accelerometer
- Video: 1920 x 1080 (16:9), @ 30 fps, mp4
- Audio: 8 KHz, 2 channels, AAC.
- Photos: 1920 x 1080, JPG.
- Storage Media: Micro SD (TF), class 10, up to 64GB
- Working Temperature: -4˚ F to 158˚ F
- Power Requirement: 5 VDC / 1 A
- Video Processing: 3D de-noising, Image Enhancement, LDC correction
12 questions already asked