About the Boyo VTS40
Back up your Sprinter
Back up your Sprinter
Keep your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van looking sharp with Boyo's VTS40 rear-view camera. You'll stay ding-free, thanks to a 120-degree wide-angle reverse view that makes backing up a breeze. The waterproof night-vision camera also includes selectable parking lines.
It's a custom fit
The camera is housed in a third brake light assembly that replaces the factory assembly without having to drill or modify the van's exterior body panels. The assembly is completely functional as a brake light, and adds a custom-looking camera mount. Boyo gives you a lengthy video cable to cover the distance from the back of your van to the video display in your dash.
- vehicle-specific rear-view CMOS camera
- compatible with select Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans
- built into third parking brake light strip
- IP68 waterproof rating
- built-in LEDs for low light use
- reverse Image
- selectable parking lines
- resolution: 480 lines (720 x 480 pixels)
- 120-degree horizontal viewing angle
- light-sensitive down to 0.5 Lux
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VTS40
What's in the box:
- Backup camera w/ brakelight housing (attached 18" power/video cables)
- 32.5' Composite video cable
- 58" Power/ground cable
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
Boyo VTS40 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boyo VTS40
Vehicle Compatibility: The BOYO VTS40 is a backup camera designed specifically for 2007-2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans.
- Per Boyo, it is a known issue that when you install this 3rd brake light camera you will get a defective bulb message on the dash. Boyo said the solution some installers have been doing is leaving the factory 3rd brake light in and parallel the new camera off of that. They are working on trying to find the resistance needed to prevent this error message and this work around.
- This backup camera kit is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the backup camera kit. In addition to using the backup camera kit, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Third Brake Light Housing: The backup camera features a brake light housing which replaces the third brake light on top of the van. It mounts directly into the factory third brake light location for a seamless installation and OEM look. The housing is waterproof IP68 rated.
Backup Camera: The backup camera employs a CMOS image sensor (PC3089) with a resolution of 720 (h) x 480 (v) pixels. It provides a 120° wide angle view behind the vehicle and a night distance up to 30' at 0.5 Lux.
Parking Guidelines: The backup camera offers parking guidelines (red/yellow/green) to help you backup into a parking spot. You can turn the parking guidelines off by cutting the white wire-loop of the camera harness.
Composite Video: The BOYO VTS40 backup camera comes with a 32.5' composite video cable with male composite video jacks on each end. One end plugs into the backup camera's 18" attached cable, while the other end plugs into your vehicle's video monitor's camera input.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked