About the Eton American Red Cross Blackout Buddy Color
The Blackout Buddy Color is a nightlight and rechargeable flashlight in one. It plugs into a standard outlet and can act as a motion-sensing auto-dimming nightlight in your choice of three surface-glow colors: blue, green, or white.
And even if you don't need a nightlight, keep it plugged in so it stays charged up for emergencies. When the power goes out, it will automatically illuminate. If you need to light your way, you can unplug it, fold the AC prongs down, and use it as a flashlight. A full charge will last up to four hours.
- unplug and fold down AC prongs to use as a blackout flashlight
- ideal for emergency preparedness
- automatically turns on when power goes out
- 50-lumen LED bulb lights your way
- up to 4 hours of use on a full charge
- three selectable nightlight modes
- auto: light turns on when the room gets dark and off when room is illuminated; when no motion is detected in a dark room, the nightlight's glow dims
- dark: light turns off completely off if no motion is detected and turns on to full brightness when motion is detected
- off: nightlight stays off regardless of room's brightness or motion
- power button cycles through available nightlight color options: blue, white, or green
- 4-5/8"W x 2"H x 1-1/8"H
- weight: 2.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ARCBB202C-SNG
What's in the box:
- Emergency LED flashlight
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Eton American Red Cross Blackout Buddy Color
Overview: The American Red Cross Blackout Buddy Color from Etón is an emergency flashlight and night light that is always ready when you need it. Leave it plugged in, and when the power goes out, the Blackout Buddy comes on automatically. Blackout Buddy has a built-in rechargeable battery with fold-out AC plugs for charging.
LED Flashlight: When the lights go out, the Blackout Buddy's bright, 50 lumen single LED flashlight lights the way. When it's plugged into an AC outlet, the flashlight automatically comes on when the power goes out (or you unplug it from the outlet). Unplugged, the flashlight operates with the power button. When the battery is fully charged, the LED flashlight provides up to 4 hours of light.
Color Nightlight: You can use the Blackout Buddy Color as a nightlight. You can choose the color of the soft glowing internal light: blue, white, or green. If the light is plugged into an AC power outlet, it can be used as a nightlight, automatically turning on when it gets dark. When it's time to sleep, the nightlight will automatically dim, or turn off completely, depending upon the mode you set.
Sensors: Blackout Buddy Color features an ambient light sensor on the top to determine how much light is in the room. When the room is dark, it will turn on the nightlight. When the light in the room increases, the nightlight will automatcally dim or turn off. A motion sensor near the bottom front of the light detects motion inside the room using PIR (passive infrared) technology. In certain modes, the motion detector will automatically turn on the nightlight when motion is detected.
Operating Modes: The side-mounted 3-way Slide Switch lets you select one of three modes:
- Auto Mode: In Auto mode, the Blackout Buddy Color turns on the nightlight when the room gets dark, and off when the room is lightened. The Motion Sensor controls the nightlight by turning on the light if motion is detected. If no motion is detected, the nightlight will automatically dim after 30 seconds.
- Dark Mode: In Dark mode, the nightlight operates similarly to the Auto Mode, however, the light goes completely off if no motion is detected. When motion is detected in the room, the nightlight turns on at full brightness.
- Off: The nightlight remains off at all times.