About the Eton FRX5-BT
Power, no matter what
Built-in recharging port for portables (smartphone not included).
Power, no matter what
The splash-proof Etón FRX5-BT weather alert radio can keep working even when there's no power. Its built-in battery is easily recharged via its USB cable. Or set it in the sun to recharge through its built-in solar panels. Or use the built-in hand crank to recharge — 3-4 minutes of cranking can store enough energy for 15 minutes of operation. And you can even recharge your smartphone or tablet through the FRX5-BT's USB charging port.
Stay fully informed with location-specific alerts
The radio receives seven NOAA weather channels, which carry flood, tornado, and thunderstorm alerts. You can also program the radio to receive SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding) so you get all the EAS and NOAA alerts relevant to your area.
You can even program up to 25 locations into the memory. Monitor conditions in a wider area, as well as remote locales — such as counties where other family members live, or where your vacation or weekend home is located.
The FRX5-BT features a powerful built-in LED flashlight. It also has an ambient light strip with a dimmer. The strip also shows the status of incoming SAME alerts, displaying red, orange, or green lights.
- portable AM/FM/weatherband radio
- receives 7 NOAA channels with flood, tornado, and thunderstorm alerts
- SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding) for EAS and NOAA weather radio
- 25 location memory
- red, orange, and green lights for alert status
- built-in Bluetooth
- telescoping FM antenna
- backlit LCD display
- built-in LED flashlight and beacon
- built-in top-mounted ambient light
- stereo minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- minijack headphone output
- digital clock with alarm and sleep timer
- 3 ways to recharge:
- via USB (charging cable included)
- solar panel (can fully recharge within 5-6 hours)
- hand crank (4 minutes cranking can generate enough charge for 15 minutes)
- built-in 2,000 mAh rechargeable lithium battery
- USB port to recharge smartphones and other compatible devices
- IPX4 rated splash proof
- 5-7/8"W x 7-1/8"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: 1 lb., 6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NFRX5BTWXBG
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/WB radio with Bluetooth
- 2' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Owner's Manual
Eton FRX5-BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Eton FRX5-BT
Splash & Drop Proof: The Eton FRX5-BT has an IPX-4 splashproof rating, so its ideal for camping trips or river expeditions. Its water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX4, but is not waterproof and should not be immersed in water. Its also drop-proof from a height of 3.3ft (1m), though protection varies depending on drop conditions.
Triple Power: The Eton FRX5-BT powers up in 3 ways - via solar panel, hand crank, or built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
- Solar-Panel: The super-sized solar panel will charge the battery fully in 5-6 hours.
- Hand Crank: Crank the hand turbine for four minutes and you'll produce enough power for 10-15 minutes of music, news and weather or one minute of talk time.
- Rechargeable Battery: You can also use the microUSB-to-USB cable to charge the FRX5-BT' built-in rechargeable battery (2,000mAh) from a USB power source (not included).
AM/FM Tuner: The Eton FRX5-BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with a telescoping antenna (up to 12").
NOAA Weather Band: The FRX5-BT allows you to select from one of the seven NOAA weather broadcast channels. These broadcasts are found in the public service frequency band, and include 162.400MHz (Channel 1), 162.425MHz (Channel 2), 162.450MHz (Channel 3), 162.475MHz (Channel 4), 162.500MHz (Channel 5), 162.525MHz (Channel 6), and 162.550MHz (Channel 7).
Alerts: When the "Alert" function is on, the radio will automatically broadcast NOAA emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms. Plus, the FRX5-BT also features S.A.M.E. technology (Specific Area Message Encoding) to customize alerts for your specific location. Just enter your S.A.M.E. county code and if there's a warning, watch or advisory you'll see it-with flashing red, orange or green lights-and hear about it, too. You can set up to 25 locations so you'll be safe, wherever you are.
USB Charging Port: To charge your smartphone, simply plug it into the FRX5-BT's USB type-A port (5V 2.1A). Power will automatically "dump charge" to your phone, just like plugging into the wall. The FRX5-BT will fully charge most smartphones once and can also charge tablets.
Built-in Lights: The built-in, top mounted, dimmable ambient light on the top of the FRX5-BT provides just the right amount of light for the family to still enjoy a relaxing conversation or dinner even while the storm rages outside. You can also shine the unit's bright LED flashlight to find your way around in the dark. You can even use the glow-in-the-dark locator and illuminated buttons when you're in a dark area. And for emergencies, you can flash the unit's red emergency beacon.
Aux Input: There is an 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external portable audio source for playback through the Eton FRX5-BT.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked