About the Grundig GS350DL
This rugged radio from Grundig makes a great travel companion, whether you're camping or just relaxing in a hotel room. Its precision tuning lets you pull in stations near and far. Use the GS350DL's main tuning knob to dial in the frequency, then make subtle adjustments to bring in far-away stations with the radio's separate fine tuning knob. A variable RF gain control enhances weaker signals for better listening. And the GS350DL "locks in" AM and shortwave signals to compensate for minor frequency drift.
The radio's large, full-range speaker delivers strong, clear sound, which you can adjust to your liking with the bass and treble controls. A line-level stereo output lets you connect it to your audio/video system or a set of powered speakers.
The GS350DL comes with an AC adapter for home use, or just pop in four "D" batteries (available separately) for portable operation. And if you have a cigarette lighter adapter, you can keep the radio powered in your car or boat.
Read our blog post about The Grundig GS350DL radio -- tuning in the world.
- portable AM/FM/shortwave radio
- 13 shortwave bands
- internal AM antenna
- telescoping FM and shortwave antenna
- input jack for supplementary AM, FM and shortwave antennas
- independent main- and fine-tuning knobs
- AM and shortwave frequency lock
- RF gain control
- bass and treble control
- backlit LCD
- line-level RCA stereo output
- headphone minijack
- digital clock with alarm and sleep timer
- operates on 4 "D" batteries (not included)
- AC adapter
- uses 4 "AA" batteries for memory back up
- operates on 12V adapter (not included)
- strap-on carry handle and adjustable shoulder strap
- 12-7/16"W x 7-1/16"H x 3-13/16"D
- weight: 3.26 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS350DL
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Short Wave radio receiver
- AC adapter (output: 6 volts DC/500 mA)
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German)
- Warranty information
Grundig GS350DL reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grundig GS350DL
Overview: The Grundig GS350 is an AM/FM/SW field radio. The unit can be powered by four AA batteries, or four D batteries, or the included AC adapter.
- Power/Sleep: turn power on/off, engage sleep timer
- Alarm: engage alarm time set function
- Time Set: engage time set function
- Hour/Minute: adjust alarm time or time of day
- Alarm: activate/deactivate the alarm
- Light/Snooze: turn display light on/off; pause alarm
- Tuning: rotary knob to adjust frequency; outer ring coarse adjustment, inner ring fine adjustment
- Reset: resets micro processor
- Wide: use wide when there is no interference from adjacent frequencies
- Narrow: use narrow when there is interference from adjacent frequencies
- FM (AFC on): typical FM tuning, AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) gives preference to stronger stations
- FM (AFC off): easier to tune weak stations in between the strong stations with AFC off
- AM/SW RF Gain: turn the gain down when an AM or SW signal is so strong the audio is distorted
- Band: choose AM, SW1, SW2, or SW3
- SW1: 2927 kHz-8278 kHz (41 meter, 49 meter, 60 meter, 75 meter, 90 meter)
- SW2: 7853 kHz-17.47 MHz (19 meter, 22 meter, 25 meter, 31 meter)
- SW3: 16.831 MHz-28.487 MHz (11 meter, 13 meter, 15 meter, 16 meter)
- Treble: rotary knob
- Bass: rotary knob
- Volume: rotary knob adjustment
- Stereo/Mono: use mono to receive weak FM stations
- SW LPF: turn on the SW Low Pass Filter switch if background noise is excessive when tuning AM or SW frequencies
Short Wave: The SW (Short Wave) receiver features continuous coverage from just below 3 MHz to just above 28 MHz, which includes 13 bands; 11 meter, 13 meter, 15 meter, 16 meter, 19 meter, 22 meter, 25 meter, 31 meter, 41 meter, 49 meter, 60 meter, 75 meter, and 90 meter.
Tuner: Although the readout is digital, the tuner is analog, allowing fine frequency tuning. The tuning knob has dual functions; the outer ring is used for coarse adjustment (larger frequency steps) and the inner knob is used for fine adjustment (smaller frequency steps).
Frequency Lock: The frequency lock helps minimize signal drifting when listening to AM or SW.
Clock: The clock will display time of day in 12 or 24 hour format.
Alarm: The alarm function turns the radio on. The snooze button pauses the alarm for approximately 10 minutes.
Power Backup: In the event of an AC power failure, the radio stays on and switches to battery power (if batteries are installed).
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer can be set to 1, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, or 90 minutes.
Antenna: The AM antenna is built into the radio. The 40" telescoping antenna covers FM and Short Wave bands. There are also inputs on the back for AM, Short Wave and FM antennas.
Line Output: A pair of stereo RCA outputs can feed the GS350's signal to another component.
Headphones: On the side of the radio is a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo headphone jack.