About the Klipsch AW-650
Meet James Ralston
Working on the Crutchfield website every day to bring you the gear that rocks your world.
I found Crutchfield through my lifelong love of music. I've been a drummer and die-hard music fan my whole life. So when a bandmate turned me on to Crutchfield in 1994, I was already an "old hand" with home and pro audio gear. I spent the next five years working as an Advisor and Team Leader. Talking to customers and helping them build their audio systems was an amazing experience.
In 1999, I joined our writing team, which gave me the chance to put another lifelong passion to use. Over the years, I've worked on thousands of presentations about home audio/video products. And as you can imagine, I've accumulated tons of hands-on experience with the gear. It's a real treat getting to play with such cool stuff - and helping other people find the stuff that will bring them joy.
- Lifelong music enthusiast and drummer
- Joined Crutchfield in 1994
- Completed our in-house Advisor training, learning the ins and outs of home audio and car A/V
- Spent years as an Advisor and Team Leader helping customers in our call center
- Joined our writing team in 1999
- Became a Crutchfield Web Editor in 2002
- Works with a team of writers to produce content about home audio/video and portable electronics
- Countless hours of hands-on experience with the products we sell in a wide range of categories
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
More from James Ralston
Klipsch sound for the great outdoors
Klipsch sound for the great outdoors
Like most Klipsch speakers, the AW-650 outdoor speakers aren't shy. These weatherproof speakers are actually pretty large — they aren't likely to "disappear" into the background. But what you get is plenty of powerful Klipsch sound to cover wide-open outdoor areas. They're great for entertaining guests in the backyard or just hanging out poolside.
Rugged, all-weather design
Mount these outdoor speakers in a corner or under roof eaves with the included brackets. All-weather enclosures and rust-proof aluminum grilles stand up to the elements, ensuring years of worry-free performance.
Horn technology for powerful performance
Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them right toward your ears. Klipsch places their titanium tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn," which disperses the highs evenly across your listening area. This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
- bass reflex (ported) enclosure
- Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" IMG woofer
- frequency response 70-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 95 dB
- handles up to 85 watts
- paintable, UV-resistant enclosure
- rust-proof aluminum speaker grilles
- includes mounting brackets and stainless steel hardware
- 9-7/16"W x 15-3/16"H x 11-1/16"D (including bracket)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Priced per pair
- MFR # 1009316
What's in the box:
- 2 Black all-weather speakers
- 2 Aluminum grilles
- 2 Mounting brackets (installed)
- 4 Bracket knobs (installed)
- 4 Nylock nuts
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Lock nut information
Purchased these for my rear outside deck area... they are great! Running these from a Denon 4308CI 140 watts/channel and they rock! Great bass response too....worth the $$.
william from Meadow Vista, CA
What speaker wire should I use for these speakers AW-650?
Depends on the run. Less than 50 feet you can get away with 16 gauge. I used 14 gauge to run about 80 feet that went through the walls and ceiling.
Klipsch AW-650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Klipsch AW-650
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Power Range (watts)||10-85|
|Frequency Response||70-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeaker utilize a 2-way driver design with a 1" Tractrix Horn loaded dome tweeter and a 6.5" IMG woofer.
- 1" Tractrix Horn Loaded Dome Tweeter: Each speaker has a 1" Tractrix Horn loaded dome tweeter for a natural, lifelike sound. The Tractrix Horns deliver a 90-degree by 90-degree dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- 6.5" IMG Woofer: Each speaker uses a 6.5" IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer. The dual ports are front-firing.
Weather Resistant Cabinet: Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeakers are constructed from UV-resistant, glass-reinforced polypropylene, designed to handle the outdoor elements. They can be painted to match any trim or siding color.
Binding Posts: The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire up to 12 gauge, pin connectors, spade connectors, or single banana plugs.
Mounting Brackets: The included mounting brackets are corrosion resistant powder coated zinc and offer great placement flexibility. They allow you to rotate the speakers almost 180 degrees after they've been mounted, letting you direct the sound to different areas as needed. If the speakers are mounted vertically, the brackets allow them to swivel side to side. If the speakers are mounted horizontally, the brackets allow them to swivel up and down. The speakers' shape makes corner placement easy.
95 questions already asked