About the Klipsch AW-650
Klipsch sound for the great outdoors
Klipsch sound for the great outdoors
Like most Klipsch speakers, the AW-650 outdoor speakers aren't shy. These weatherproof speakers are actually pretty large — they aren't likely to "disappear" into the background. But what you get is plenty of powerful Klipsch sound to cover wide-open outdoor areas. They're great for entertaining guests in the backyard or just hanging out poolside.
Rugged, all-weather design
Mount these outdoor speakers in a corner or under roof eaves with the included brackets. All-weather enclosures and rust-proof aluminum grilles stand up to the elements, ensuring years of worry-free performance.
Horn technology for powerful performance
Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them right toward your ears. Klipsch places their titanium tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn," which disperses the highs evenly across your listening area. This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
- bass reflex (ported) enclosure
- Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" IMG woofer
- frequency response 70-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 95 dB
- handles up to 85 watts
- paintable, UV-resistant enclosure
- rust-proof aluminum speaker grilles
- includes mounting brackets and stainless steel hardware
- 9-7/16"W x 15-3/16"H x 11-1/16"D (including bracket)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Priced per pair
- MFR # 1009316
What's in the box:
- 2 Black all-weather speakers
- 2 Aluminum grilles
- 2 Mounting brackets (installed)
- 4 Bracket knobs (installed)
- 4 Nylock nuts
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Lock nut information
Klipsch AW-650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch AW-650
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Power Range (watts)||10-85|
|Frequency Response||70-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Bracket Included||Adjustable bracket|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeaker utilize a 2-way driver design with a 1" Tractrix Horn loaded dome tweeter and a 6.5" IMG woofer.
- 1" Tractrix Horn Loaded Dome Tweeter: Each speaker has a 1" Tractrix Horn loaded dome tweeter for a natural, lifelike sound. The Tractrix Horns deliver a 90-degree by 90-degree dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- 6.5" IMG Woofer: Each speaker uses a 6.5" IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer. The dual ports are front-firing.
Weather Resistant Cabinet: Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeakers are constructed from UV-resistant, glass-reinforced polypropylene, designed to handle the outdoor elements. They can be painted to match any trim or siding color.
Binding Posts: The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire up to 12 gauge, pin connectors, spade connectors, or single banana plugs.
Mounting Brackets: The included mounting brackets are corrosion resistant powder coated zinc and offer great placement flexibility. They allow you to rotate the speakers almost 180 degrees after they've been mounted, letting you direct the sound to different areas as needed. If the speakers are mounted vertically, the brackets allow them to swivel side to side. If the speakers are mounted horizontally, the brackets allow them to swivel up and down. The speakers' shape makes corner placement easy.
21 questions already asked