About the Klipsch Bar 40
Genuine Klipsch sound at a great price
Genuine Klipsch sound at a great price
With wraparound grille cloth and wooden endcaps, the Bar 40 has an attractive, low-profile design that will fit easily into your home's décor. But this sound bar has more going for it than just good looks — it's a Klipsch, after all. And proudly so — they've exposed their signature Tractrix® horn-loaded tweeters at each end to hint at what's under the hood.
The Bar 40 also comes with a wireless subwoofer in an attractive wooden enclosure. The sub's 6-1/2" downfiring driver will add that extra bit of low-end oomph to music and movie effects. And the included remote offers independent control of the sub, so you can dial in the level that's exactly right for you.
There are also some sound-optimizing EQ presets for enhanced dialogue and virtual surround sound. Try night mode if you are worried about disturbing the neighbors — it reduces bass and tailors overall output so you can follow what's going on, even at lower volumes.
Easy, flexible setup
This sleek sound bar connects to your TV with one cable and looks great whether it's wall-mounted or sitting on a stand. And that included wireless sub can be placed pretty much anywhere in the room. It just needs to be within about 30 feet of the sound bar and in the general vicinity of a power outlet.
Whether you want to stream your favorite Spotify® playlist, shuffle all your Pandora® stations, or listen to your downloaded podcasts and audiobooks, this sound bar has you covered with Bluetooth built in.
Download the latest firmware update to improve your Bar 40's performance and connectivity.
- 2.1-channel sound bar and subwoofer system with premium wooden enclosures
- two-channel sound bar with 4 built-in speakers
- two 3/4" textile dome tweeters mated to Tractrix Horns for wide dispersion
- two 3" oval fiber-composite midrange drivers
- wood acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or placing on a TV stand
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- virtual surround sound mode for a more immersive listening experience
- dialogue mode for enhanced vocal clarity
- 40-1/8"W x 3"H x 3-7/16"D
- 6-1/2" fiber-composite cone woofer in wood enclosure
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 9-1/2"W x 13-3/16"H x 10-7/16"D
Connections and general info:
- HDMI ARC connection
- optical digital audio input
- 1 minijack analog audio input
- 1 subwoofer output for adding second sub or replacing included wireless sub with a wired sub
- keyhole brackets for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- remote control with independent subwoofer volume adjustment
- warranty: 3 years for drivers and cabinets, 1 year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064247
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive cork pads
- Wall-mount template
- Instruction Booklet
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Bar 40 reviews
I have a system far superior to the Klipsch Bar 40, but got this for my mom. Sounds crisp and clear! Details of vocals and music are really excellent! It's not without a few issues. However these are not a deal breaker. I'll explain in the cons section.
Pros: Looks. Easy to setup. Excellent sound. Quality.
Cons: if all additional features are turned off such SRS, Dialog, Night etc. It's got an excellent sound. However if any of the extra features are turned on it can muddy out detail. So leave them off and you will be good as gold.
3 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Klipsch Bar 40
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||0.75" Tractrix Horn (2)|
|Woofer||3" Cone (2)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||N|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3H x 40-1/8W x 3-7/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer (inches)||13-3/16H x 9-1/2W x 10-7/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Klipsch BAR 40 includes a high performance 2-channel active soundbar speaker with dedicated left and right channels for true stereo imaging. The left and right front channels each consist of a 3" fiber composite woofer and a 0.75" LTS aluminum dome tweeter paired with 90° x 90° Tractrix horn. The tweeters and woofers are bi-amplified and utilize a DSP-controlled crossover network.
- LTS Aluminum Tweeter w/ Tractrix Horns: The two 0.75" LTS soft-dome tweeters with 90° x 90° Tractrix horns deliver crisp highs. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) soft-dome tweeters minimize distortion for enhanced, detailed performances; while the 90° x 90° Tractrix horn technology offers controlled dispersion that directs the sound more effectively at the listening area.
- Fiber Composite Woofers: The two 3" fiber composite woofers deliver clear midrange, detailed vocals, and a dynamic range to complete the soundbar's enhanced audio performance.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Klipsch BAR 40 includes a wireless powered subwoofer you can place practically anywhere in the room for deep, room-filling bass response. The wireless powered sub houses a down-firing 6.5" fiber composite woofer with rubber surround inside a bass reflex enclosure with a down-firing power and driven by a built-in amplifier. Wireless 2.4 GHz technology automatically connects the soundbar and the subwoofer together and has a wireless range up to 50'. You can control the output level of the sub from the included IR remote. There is also a mono-RCA subwoofer output meaning you can add a second powered subwoofer to your setup or simply replace the included wireless powered sub with a powered subwoofer of your choice.
Dolby Digital Decoding + Surround Modes: Built-in Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch) decoding with four selectable Sound modes (Surround, Dialog, Night, or Off) enables a powerful cinema experience. The Surround mode gives you an immersive virtual surround sound effect without the additional rear speakers and wires. When the Sound mode is set to Off, the soundbar will playback in 2ch stereo. Dialog mode increases dialogue volume for enhanced vocal clarity without increasing ambient sounds. Night mode adjusts the dynamic range for quieter listening environments.
HDMI ARC Output: The Klipsch BAR 40 features one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The BAR 40's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch) and PCM (2ch).
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The HDMI ARC Output only supports audio transmission and does not support any type of video signals.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI ARC connectivity, the Klipsch BAR 40 is outfitted with both digital and analog audio inputs. The optical (toslink) digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch) and PCM (2ch). The BAR 40 is also equipped with an analog Aux (3.5mm) input for connecting legacy source devices.
Note: The optical digital output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
Built-In Bluetooth: The Klipsch BAR 40 features built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP and AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream and control audio from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your TV, smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the soundbar system. The BAR 40 supports Bluetooth's standard SBC audio codec (not compatible with Dolby Digital, AAC, or aptX). The soundbar's remote can control the Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause functions of your Bluetooth source device (in some cases you may need to still use your Bluetooth source device's volume control). You can pair multiple devices (up to 8) with the soundbar, but only one device can be used at a time.
- The soundbar system does not support Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat or Music Browsing functions. You'll still need to use your Bluetooth source device to control these playback and search functions.
- The soundbar and your connected TV will not display song/artist/album info. This will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- The BAR 40 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the soundbar system.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides full wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. It features an automatically-activated LED backlight, so its easy to use in the dark when watching your favorite movie. You can also program the BAR 40's Volume Up/Down and Mute functions into your existing TV or satellite/cable box remote for further ease-of-operation.
- Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV or satellite/cable box remote to work together.
- The BAR 40 does not support HDMI-CEC.
Mounting Options: Measuring at only 3" tall, the soundbar speaker easily fits below your TV regardless if you are placing it on a table-top or mounting it on a wall. The soundbar includes two wall-mount brackets and comes with a wall-mount template (wall-mount screws not provided). Because the powered sub is wireless, it can be positioned almost anywhere up to 50' from the soundbar speaker. It is recommended that the subwoofer be positioned on the same wall as the soundbar.
Power Requirements: Both, the active soundbar & wireless powered sub, will require AC power. Each one comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).