About the Klipsch Bar 48
Genuine Klipsch sound in a neat package
Genuine Klipsch sound in a neat package
With wraparound grille cloth and wooden endcaps, the Bar 48 has a stylish, low-profile design that will fit easily into your home's décor. But this sound bar has more going for it than just good looks — it's a Klipsch, after all. And proudly so — they've exposed their signature Tractrix® horn-loaded tweeters at each end to hint at what's under the hood.
Built-in amplification powers seven drivers for an audio upgrade that will definitely make a noticeable impact on movie night. The Bar 48 also comes with a wireless subwoofer in an attractive wooden enclosure. It's larger than the subs that are usually included with sound bars, and it has an 8" down-firing driver for deeper, harder-hitting bass.
The Bar 48's low profile and wide design complement today's large flat-screen TVs.
Don't miss a word
Sometimes I have to rewind a movie because I didn't catch what the actor just said, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It can be hard to hear dialogue over the background sounds. The Bar 48's dedicated center channel can help with that. It also has a mode to enhance dialogue, so human speech is easier to hear and understand.
Even more enveloping audio coming soon
This bar and sub combo will be a huge improvement to your TV sound on its own, but there are some great upgrades in the works that will make it even better.
A future firmware update will enable DTS Virtual:X digital signal processing. This audio technology delivers a broader soundstage and an even more immersive cinematic experience.
The Bar 48 is also compatible with Klipsch's optional Surround 3 wireless rear speaker kit for a complete surround sound upgrade.
Whether you want to stream your favorite Spotify® playlist, shuffle all your Pandora® stations, or listen to your downloaded podcasts and audiobooks, this sound bar has you covered with Bluetooth built in.
Firmware update addresses issues
Download the latest firmware update to improve your Bar 48's performance and connectivity. The update increases your bar's overall maximum output as well as improving the center channel upmixing so that you can hear dialogue more clearly. It also address HDMI-ARC CEC behavior and subwoofer pairing performance.
- 3.1-channel sound bar and subwoofer system with premium wooden enclosures
- total system power: 440 watts
- compatible with Klipsch Surround 3 wireless speaker kit for full surround sound
- download the latest firmware update from Klipsch to make sure you get maximum output and optimum performance
- three-channel sound bar with 7 built-in speakers
- three 1" textile dome tweeters mated to Tractrix Horns for wide dispersion
- four 3" oval fiber-composite midrange drivers
- wood acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or placing on a TV stand
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- DTS® and Dolby® Digital decoding
- DTS Virtual:X available with future firmware update
- virtual surround sound mode for a more immersive listening experience
- dialogue mode for enhanced vocal clarity
- 47-11/16"W x 2-7/8"H x 3-3/8"D
- 8" fiber-composite cone woofer in wood enclosure
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 11-7/8"W x 16-1/8"H x 16-1/8"D
Connections and general info:
- HDMI ARC connection
- optical digital audio input
- 1 minijack analog audio input
- 1 subwoofer output for adding second sub or replacing included wireless sub with a wired sub
- keyhole brackets for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- backlit remote control with subwoofer volume adjustment
- warranty: 3 years for drivers and cabinets, 1 year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1066557
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 2 Black wood end-caps (pre-installed)
- 2 Brown wood end-caps
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive cork pads
- Wall-mount template
- Instruction Booklet
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Bar 48 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Klipsch Bar 48
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1|
|Virtual Surround||Surround Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Output||Mono RCA|
|Tweeter||1" Tractrix Horn (3)|
|Woofer||3" Cone (4)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||420 total|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||420 total|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||None|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-15/16H x 47-13/16W x 3-7/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||16-1/8H x 11-15/16W x 12-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Klipsch BAR 48 includes a high performance 3-channel active soundbar speaker with dedicated left, right, and center channels. The front left and right channels provide true stereo imaging, while the discrete center channel delivers enhanced vocal clarity. The left and right front channels each consist of a 3" fiber composite woofer and a 1" LTS aluminum dome tweeter paired with 90° x 90° Tractrix horn. The center channel consists of two 3" fiber composite woofers and one 1" LTS aluminum dome tweeter paired with 90° x 90° Tractrix horn. The tweeters and woofers are bi-amplified and utilize a DSP-controlled crossover network.
- LTS Aluminum Tweeter w/ Tractrix Horns: The three 1" LTS soft-dome tweeters with 90° x 90° Tractrix horns deliver crisp highs. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) soft-dome tweeters minimize distortion for enhanced, detailed performances; while the 90° x 90° Tractrix horn technology offers controlled dispersion that directs the sound more effectively at the listening area.
- Fiber Composite Woofers: The four 3" fiber composite woofers deliver clear midrange, detailed vocals, and a dynamic range to complete the soundbar's enhanced audio performance.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Klipsch BAR 48 includes a wireless powered subwoofer you can place practically anywhere in the room for deep, room-filling bass response. The wireless powered sub houses a down-firing 8" fiber composite woofer with rubber surround inside a bass reflex enclosure with a down-firing power and driven by a built-in amplifier. Wireless 2.4 GHz technology automatically connects the soundbar and the subwoofer together and has a wireless range up to 50'. You can control the output level of the sub from the included IR remote. There is also a mono-RCA subwoofer output meaning you can add a second powered subwoofer to your setup or simply replace the included wireless powered sub with a powered subwoofer of your choice.
Dolby Digital & DTS Decoding: Built-in Dolby Digital & DTS decoding (up to 5.1ch) enables a powerful cinema experience with discrete processing for dialog and optional surround channels. Through a future USB firmware update (no ETA), the BAR 48 will support DTS Virtual:X for immersive, virtual height effects.
Sound Modes: The Klipsch BAR 48 lets you choose from four Sound modes - Surround, Dialog, Night, or Off. Surround mode gives you an immersive virtual surround sound effect without the additional rear speakers and wires. When the Sound mode is set to Off, the soundbar will playback in 2ch stereo. Dialog mode increases dialogue volume for enhanced vocal clarity without increasing ambient sounds. Night mode adjusts the dynamic range for quieter listening environments.
Optional Wireless Surround Speakers: Add the Klipsch Surround 3 speaker (sold separately) to the BAR 48 for discrete 5.1ch Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound. The Surround 3 speakers connect to the BAR 48 wirelessly, so there are no cables to run from the soundbar to the speakers. However, each Surround 3 Speaker will require an AC power outlet connection. A USB transmitter is included with the Surround 3 speakers that plugs into the USB port of the BAR 48 (the USB port is hidden behind the BAR 48's right wood end-cap), which allows for wireless pairing. The Surround 3 speakers can be placed on a table-top or stands (sold separately), or mounted on the wall using an optional bracket (sold separately).
HDMI ARC Output: The Klipsch Bar 48 features one HDMI ARC output to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The BAR 48's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and PCM (2ch).
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Digital or DTS via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The HDMI ARC Output only supports audio transmission and does not support any type of video signals.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI ARC connectivity, the Klipsch BAR 48 is outfitted with both digital and analog audio inputs. The optical (toslink) digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and PCM (2ch). The BAR 48 is also equipped with an analog Aux (3.5mm) input for connecting legacy source devices.
Note: The optical digital output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
Built-In Bluetooth: The Klipsch BAR 48 features built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP and AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream and control audio from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your TV, smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the soundbar system. The BAR 48 supports Bluetooth's standard SBC audio codec (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS, AAC, or aptX). The soundbar's remote can control the Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause functions of your Bluetooth source device (in some cases you may need to still use your Bluetooth source device's volume control). You can pair multiple devices (up to 8) with the soundbar, but only one device can be used at a time.
- The soundbar system does not support Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat or Music Browsing functions. You'll still need to use your Bluetooth source device to control these playback and search functions.
- The soundbar and your connected TV will not display song/artist/album info. This will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- The BAR 48 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the soundbar system.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides full wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. It features an automatically-activated LED backlight, so its easy to use in the dark when watching your favorite movie. You can also program the BAR 48's Volume Up/Down and Mute functions into your existing TV or satellite/cable box remote for further ease-of-operation.
- Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV or satellite/cable box remote to work together.
- The BAR 48 does not support HDMI-CEC.
Mounting Options: Measuring less than 3" tall, the soundbar speaker easily fits below your TV regardless if you are placing it on a table-top or mounting it on a wall. The soundbar includes two wall-mount brackets and comes with a wall-mount template (wall-mount screws not provided). Because the powered sub is wireless, it can be positioned almost anywhere up to 50' from the soundbar speaker. It is recommended that the subwoofer be positioned on the same wall as the soundbar.
Power Requirements: Both, the active soundbar & wireless powered sub, will require AC power. Each one comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
The Klipsch Bar 48 replaces these items
- front-row Klipsch sound with large wireless 8" subwoofer
- three 4K-compatible HDMI inputs
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening