Klipsch C Series C-310ASWi
Powered subwoofer with app control and automatic room correction
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Klipsch C Series C-310ASWi by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Among the finest subs available
One of the best things I ever did for my home theater was buying a Klipsch powered sub. That's because the seven-decade-old audio company knows a thing or two about delivering exceptional sound quality. The C-310ASWi is part of the company's new C Series lineup, and combines elite performance with impeccable craftsmanship — excactly what you'd expect from an industry titan.
This dynamic sub features a front-firing 10" woofer that's powered by a 400-watt RMS amplifier. Two side-firing 10" passive cones help reinforce bass output down to 25 Hz. Add in app control and room calibration, and you've got potent bass that's precisely tailored to your room.
Use the C-310ASWi powered subwoofer as part of a high-end Klipsch home theater system
Easy setup and calibration
Getting the C-310ASWi up and running is simple, thanks to the free Klipsch LowControl™ app for your phone or tablet. Once you've got the sub where you want it, your device's built-in microphone will listen to the room's acoustics, which lets the app automatically take care of room equalization.
The app also makes it easy to control phase, volume, input selection, and more — all from the comfort of your couch.
Put a stop to shaking, rattling, and rolling
Quick story: my living room has glass bookshelf and fireplace doors, along with tall windows that line three of its walls. All of these used to rattle like crazy when bass hit during movies. It drove me nuts!
One day I decided that I'd had enough. I bought an isolation platform to decouple my sub from the floor. Voila! Just like magic, the rattling and vibrations instantly disappeared. I even had to dial the sub back because the bass was suddenly stronger. It is without a doubt the best money I've ever spent on my system.
- 10" front-firing Cerametallic™ copper-spun woofer
- dual 10" side-firing passive radiators for increased low-frequency performance
- 400-watt RMS BASH® digital hybrid amplifier (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-150 Hz (±3dB)
- free Klipsch LowControl™ app provides set-up, customization, and tuning from your phone or tablet
- control phase, volume, input selection, room equalization, and equalization
- easy room calibration using your device's built-in microphone
- line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) inputs
- independent volume control for each set of inputs
- compatible with optional Klipsch WA-3 wireless signal transmitter
- RJ-45 input for integration with optional 3rd-party control systems
- durable MDF cabinet with hand-polished piano gloss black finish
- removable magnetic grille
- 13-7/16"W x 14"H x 13-13/16"D
- weight: 39 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- User Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||400|
|Frequency Response||25-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
10" Cerametallic Woofer: The Klipsch C-Series C-310ASWi powered subwoofer features a front-firing 10" Cerametallic woofer with rubber surround. The ultra-light, ultra-rigid Cerametallic woofer provides dynamic output for maximum amplifier power. The long-throw design allows for greater excursion to maximize low-frequency extension.
400W BASH Digital Hybrid Amplifier: The 10" Cerametallic woofer is powered by a 400W (RMS) / 800W (Peak) BASH digital hybrid amplifier for high efficient, dynamic bass reproduction with very low distortion.
Dual Passive Radiators: In addition to the 10" Cerametallic woofer, the Klipsch C-310ASWi powered sub utilizes dual side-firing 10" MDF passive radiators to optimize bass output and low frequency extension while minimizing cabinet size.
Rigid MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch C-Series C-310ASWi powered subwoofer features a rigid, acoustically inert MDF cabinet finished in a beautiful piano black gloss finish and comes with an acoustically transparent detachable cloth grille. Four large rubber feet help isolate the powered sub from the floor.
Klipsch LowControl App: The free Klipsch LowControl app (for Apple iOS 9.3+ and Android OS 5.0+) puts full control, customization, and tuning of the C-Series powered right in the palm of your hand from your compatible smartphone or tablet device via a wireless BLE connection. With volume, phase, and crossover control, as well as a 5-band parametric EQ and input selection control, plus auto room correction, you can unleash the full power of the C-Series subwoofer from the Klipsch LowControl app.
- Input Selection: From the free Klipsch LowControl app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you can select input type (RCA, XLR, Speaker, Wireless [optional, or Auto]. In Auto mode, the powered subwoofer will automatically switch to the appropriate input when it senses an audio signal.
- Independent Input Control for Gain, Crossover, Phase, & Delay: You can adjust Gain (-99 to 0), Crossover (40-150Hz; 6/12/18/24db), Phase (-180 to 180), and Delay (0 to 20ms) for each of the powered subwoofer's inputs (RCA, XLR, Speaker, or Wireless [optional]. If connecting to an AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier with an LFE output, set the Crossover all the way up to 150Hz.
- 5-Band Parametric EQ: A 5-band parametric EQ (20-200Hz) allows you to tailor the powered subwoofer's bass sound. You can create two user EQ presets that you can easily recall.
- 4 Sound Modes: You can choose between 4 Sound Modes - Flat, Cinema, Music, or Night. Flat mode optimizes the EQ, Limiter, and Crossover for all types of audio soundtracks. Cinema mode optimizes the EQ, Limiter, and Crossover for multichannel movie soundtracks; while Music mode optimizes the EQ, Limiter, and Crossover for stereo music soundtracks. The Night mode optimizes the EQ, Limiter, and Crossover to minimize the disturbance in neighboring rooms when enjoying your sound system late at night.
- Automatic Room Correction: Automatic Room Correction utilizes the microphone built into your Apple iOS or Android device to automatically adjust the powered sub's EQ to your specific room.
Note: The Klipsch LowControl app is able to support and control up to four Klipsch C-Series powered subwoofers.
Automatic Room Correction: Tune the performance of the C-Series powered subwoofer to your room with the automatic room correction software included in the Klipsch LowControl app (for Apple iOS and Android). Utilizing the microphone built into your compatible mobile device, the app provides fast and easy automatic room correction, compensating for any natural nulls or peaks in the room, for balanced, dynamic low frequencies in any environment.
Level Control: There are 3 rear-panel rotary volume level control knobs to adjust the output level of the subwoofer's unbalanced RCA/Balanced XLR inputs, High-Level Speaker inputs, and Wireless input (optional).
Balanced & Unbalanced Input: The Klipsch C-310ASWi features a balanced XLR input, unbalanced stereo RCA input, and high-level speaker inputs. Each input is independently controllable in the Klipsch LowControl App, making a truly customized and fine-tuned listening experience for any source and any content.
- Balanced XLR Input: The powered subwoofer is equipped with a balanced XLR input to connect to the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. If connecting to an AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier with an LFE output, set the Crossover all the way up to 150Hz.
- Unbalanced RCA Inputs: The powered subwoofer is also equipped with an unbalanced stereo RCA input to connect to the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. You can use either the Left or Right RCA jack as the subwoofer's LFE input. If connecting to an AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier with an LFE output, set the Crossover all the way up to 150Hz.
- High-Level Speaker Inputs: The powered sub's speaker-level inputs consist of four binding-post terminals for use with bare wire (up to 10AWG) and banana plugs (single or dual). To use banana plugs, you will need to remove the plastic caps from the binding post terminals.
Optional WA-3 Wireless Transmitter: With the optional WA-3 transmitter (714WA3, sold separately), the C-Series powered subwoofer can be placed anywhere in a room and receive and audio signal via 2.4GHz high definition wireless transmission. The receiver chip is built right into the powered sub's amplifier circuitry, so there is no extra dongle or adapter to plug into the subwoofer. Connect two C-Series subwoofers with a single WA-3 transmitter for a better, balanced bass response using a single sub-out.
IP Control: A built-in RJ-45 connector allows for full integration into Control4, Crestron, Savant, and RTI control systems - meaning the subwoofer can automatically change input, EQ, gain, and phase settings when you simply select a new source or activity in your control system, to best match the source material being played.
Placement Options: Typically, optimum performance will result if you place the powered subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Corner placement will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output. When choosing your subwoofer's location, keep in mind that you will need to connect the subwoofer's built-in amplifier to an AC power outlet.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. There is no manual on or off power switch.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Klipsch C Series C-310ASWi
Powered subwoofer with app control and automatic room correction$1,599.99
Klipsch C Series C-308ASWi
Powered subwoofer with app control and automatic room correction$1,299.99
Powered subwoofer with app control
Dynaudio Sub 6