About the Klipsch Cinema 1200
A robust home theater system from Klipsch
A robust home theater system from Klipsch
Klipsch's new Cinema series offers a sound bar for nearly every budget and room size. And sitting right at the top of the lineup is this Cinema 1200 system. It delivers the expansive height effects of Dolby Atmos thanks to four up-firing drivers — a pair in the main bar and a pair in the surround speakers. Add the included subwoofer into the mix, and you've got immersive surround sound without the need to run wires all over the room. (Surround speakers and sub receive audio signals wirelessly, but they require AC power connections.)
Looks great, sounds great
Like the other bars in the series, the Cinema 1200 has a low-profile design that will fit easily under your TV. But it's deep enough to include two 3-inch up-firing drivers. And at 4-1/2 feet wide, it is an excellent match for larger sets. The included wireless subwoofer features a wood enclosure and a very hefty 12-inch down-firing driver to deliver deep bass.
The bar's wraparound grille cloth is bookended by Klipsch's visually striking signature Tractrix® horn-loaded tweeters. The black wooden endcaps can be easily swapped with the included walnut pair to better match your decor.
Up-firing drivers in both the bar and surround speakers create a heightened soundstage.
The Cinema 1200 has 8K video passthrough with HDR support, so you can get rich sound and picture quality with simple HDMI connections — one from your 4K or 8K video source to your sound bar and then one from your sound bar to your TV. It also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompromised audio signals — like Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
Hear every word
It's frustrating to have to rewind a movie because you can't make out what an actor just said. The Cinema 1200's dedicated center channel can help with that. This system also comes with three levels of dialogue enhancement, so you can choose the setting that's just right for you.
Easy streaming options
Whether you want to stream your favorite Spotify® playlist, shuffle all your Pandora® stations, or listen to your downloaded podcasts and audiobooks, this sound bar has you covered with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in. It's also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant — so if you've got one of those devices, you can control it with your voice.
- 5.1.4-channel system with sound bar, subwoofer, and surround speakers in premium wooden enclosures
- Dolby Atmos decoding for heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- frequency response: 22-20,000 Hz
- total system power: 1,200 watts
- 11 speakers with built-in amplification
- three 1" soft dome tweeters mated to Tractrix horns for wide dispersion
- six 3" high-output oval fiber-composite midrange drivers
- two 3" up-firing Cerametallic cone woofers
- wraparound grille cloth and premium black wood endcaps
- interchangeable walnut endcaps included
- low-profile bar can be wall-mounted or placed on your TV stand
- Dolby® Digital and Dolby Digital Plus decoding
- dialogue mode for enhanced vocal clarity
- 54-1/16"W x 3"H x 6-1/4"D
- 12" fiber-composite cone woofer in wood enclosure
- ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 15-11/16"W x 20-5/16"H x 16-3/8"D (includes allowance for cable connections)
- requires AC power
Rear speakers (each):
- 3" high-output oval fiber-composite midrange driver
- 3" up-firing Cerametallic cone woofer
- 4-13/16"W x 8-7/8"H x 4-15/16"D
- requires AC power
Connections and general info:
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output (one cable included)
- supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- features HDCP 2.3 for 8K HDR video passthrough
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm minijack analog audio input
- mono RCA subwoofer output for adding second sub or replacing included wireless sub with a wired sub
- keyhole brackets for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- backlit remote control with subwoofer volume adjustment
- warranty: 3 years for drivers and cabinets, 1 year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1067536
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- 2 Wireless surround speakers
- Four 6.5' AC power cords
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive cork pads
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 2 Black endcaps (pre-installed)
- 2 Wood endcaps
- Wall-mount template
- Instruction Booklet
Klipsch Cinema 1200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Cinema 1200
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1.4|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Output||Mono RCA|
|Tweeter||1" Tractrix Horn (3)|
|Midrange||2" Cone (2)|
|Woofer||3" Cone (6)|
|Subwoofer Driver||10" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||22-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||1200 total|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||1200 total|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||8K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||via Chromecast|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3H x 54-1/16W x 6-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||20-5/16H x 15-11/16W x 16-3/8D|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Network & Bluetooth Audio
5ch Active Soundbar Speaker: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 active soundbar employs a 5-channel speaker configuration with dedicated front left/right, center, and height left/right channels to create a cinematic Dolby Atmos soundstage. The front left/right channels provide true stereo imaging, while the dedicated center channel delivers enhanced vocal clarity and the discrete left/right up-firing height speakers deliver Dolby Atmos overhead effects. The left/right front channels and center channel each consist of two 3" oval fiber composite woofers and one 1" LTS soft-dome tweeter paired with 90° x 90° Tractrix horn. The left/right Dolby Atmos height channels each feature an angled, up-firing 3" fiber composite full-range driver. The tweeters and woofers are bi-amplified and utilize a DSP-controlled crossover network.
- LTS Tweeter w/ Tractrix Horns: The three 1" LTS soft-dome tweeters with 90° x 90° Tractrix horns deliver crisp highs. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) soft-dome tweeters minimize distortion for enhanced, detailed performances; while the 90° x 90° Tractrix horn technology offers controlled dispersion that directs the sound more effectively at the listening area.
- Fiber Composite Woofers: The six 3" oval fiber composite woofers deliver clear midrange, detailed vocals, and a dynamic range to complete the soundbar's enhanced audio performance.
- Cerametallic Up-Firing Drivers: The two 3" round Cerametallic up-firing drivers exhibit a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and superb damping for powerful, dynamic sound.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The included wireless powered subwoofer can be placed practically anywhere in the room for deep, room-filling bass response. The wireless powered sub houses a down-firing 12" fiber composite woofer with rubber surround inside a bass reflex enclosure with a down-firing slot port and driven by a built-in amplifier. Wireless 2.4 GHz technology automatically connects the soundbar and the subwoofer together with a wireless range up to 30'. You can control the sub's output level independently from the system's overall volume via the included IR remote.
- The soundbar and powered sub can also be connected via a mono-RCA cable, if your prefer a wired connection.
- There is also a mono-RCA output on the wireless powered sub that allows you to daisy-chain the LFE signal to a second powered subwoofer.
Wireless Surround Speakers: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 includes two wireless surround speakers with integrated front and up-firing height drivers to deliver both horizontal and vertical surround for Dolby Atmos playback. The front-firing driver consists of a 3" round fiber composite cone woofer, while the up-firing driver consists of a 3" round Cerametallic cone woofer. Wireless 2.4 GHz technology automatically connects the soundbar and rear speakers together with a wireless range up to 30'. You can control the surround speakers' output level independently from the system's overall volume via the included IR remote.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
Digital Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI Bitstream
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital
PCM 2ch, 5.1ch, 7.1ch Optical Bitstream Dolby Digital PCM 2ch
Note: DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
5.1.4ch Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos processing in the soundbar, plus integrated up-firing height drivers in the soundbar and rear speakers, the Cinema 1200 can deliver 5.1.4ch Dolby Atmos cinematic surround sound with greater realism, detail, and immersion. Dolby Atmos technology brings sound to life from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, detail, and depth. You can select from a variety of playback Sound Modes.
- Standard: Everyday listening for music, movies, and TV show.
- Direct: "Artist intent” playback of movies and TV shows, stereo (2-Channel) music playback.
- Movie: Immersive, optimized listening experience for movies.
- Music: Immersive, optimized listening experience for music.
- Game: Immersive optimized listening experience for gaming.
- Party: Background/party music with all channel stereo playback.
Note: The Cinema 1200 can decode up to a 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos signal, but will have to down-mix to 5.1.4ch output due to its driver configuration.
Dialog & Night Modes: All new custom tuned dialog modes not only raise the volume of the dialog in your TV shows and movies, but also optimize the EQ setting of the system, to ensure the dialogue is crisp, clear, and exceptionally intelligible no matter what's happening on screen. Three levels of dialog enhancement ensure that you can find the perfect setting for your needs. The Night mode adjusts the dynamic range for quieter listening environments.
HDMI 2.1: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 is equipped with two HDMI inputs and one HDMI eARC output. Both HDMI inputs and the output support the latest HDMI 2.1 specification with ultra high-definition 8K video pass-through and HDCP 2.3 support.
- 8K Pass-Through: The Cinema 1200 lets you maintain up to 8K quality from source to screen by allowing 8K video to "pass through" and be displayed on a 8K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you a pure 8K experience makes this soundbar the perfect partner for 8K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 4K, 1080p/i, 720p, and 480p/i video signal are also supported.
- HDCP2.3: Both HDMI inputs and the HDMI output support HDCP 2.3, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K and 8K video transmission
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This system supports HDR10 & Dolby Vision.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata, Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata technology which sets individual color and brightness levels for each and every scene. Dolby works directly with filmmakers at major Hollywood studios to create superior HDR video masters of blockbuster movies.
Note: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 does not support HDR10+ or HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma).
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): Along with standard ARC (Audio Return Channel), the Cinema 1200 supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via its HDMI output. ARC and eARC allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. eARC will support uncompressed audio formats like Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD), Dolby TrueHD, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM. ARC is limited to Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- Your TV will also need to support eARC or ARC for this feature to work. Some newer TVs will support eARC, but most TVs only support ARC.
- The ARC-enabled HDMI input on some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar system directly; and then connect the system's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Klipsch Cinema 1200 is outfitted with both digital and analog audio inputs. The optical (toslink) digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch) and PCM (2ch). The Cinema 1200 is also equipped with an analog Aux (3.5mm) input for connecting legacy source devices.
Note: The optical digital output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
Network & Bluetooth Audio
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 offers a wireless or wired connection to your network router. The active soundbar speaker system is equipped with 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for a high-performance wireless network connection. There is also an Ethernet jack if you prefer a hardwired network connection. Either network connection gives you access to select Internet Radio stations and online music services through Amazon Alexa, Chromecast Built-In, and Spotify Connect.
Works With Amazon Alexa: With an Amazon Echo device or other Alexa-enabled devices (sold separately), you can ask to play compatible music apps (like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, and more), check sports scores, listen to weather forecasts, hear the new and more through the Cinema 1200 soundbar speaker system. You can also play music in different rooms or enjoy whole home audio with the same song across compatible Amazon Alexa devices and the Klipsch Cinema 1200. You'll need to download the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device to setup the Cinema 1200 with your external Amazon Echo device.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your Apple iOS or Android device to the Klipsch Cinema 1200. You'll be able to cast many of your favorite internet radio stations, online music services, and podcast to the Klipsch active sound bar speaker system. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Cinema 1200. While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the soundbar speaker system. Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6+) to setup Chromecast built-in on your mobile device and the Klipsch Cinema 1200 active soundbar speaker system.
- Music & Radio: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android OS device to the Klipsch soundbar. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional Chromecast built-in speakers to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the built-in Google Assistant and your voice.
- Optional Voice Control: With a Google Home voice-activated speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to control playback of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Cinema 1200 soundbar from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 features built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP and AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream and control audio from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your TV, smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the soundbar system. The Cinema 1200 supports Bluetooth's standard SBC audio codec (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS, AAC, or aptX). The soundbar's remote can control the Volume Up/Down of your Bluetooth source device (in some cases you may need to still use your Bluetooth source device's volume control). You can pair multiple devices (up to 8) with the soundbar, but only one device can be used at a time.
- The soundbar system does not support Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat or Music Browsing functions. You'll still need to use your Bluetooth source device to control these playback and search functions.
- The soundbar and your connected TV will not display song/artist/album info. This will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- The Cinema 1200 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the soundbar system.
Klipsch Connect App: The Klipsch Connect App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 7.0+) lets you control certain functions of the Cinema 1200 from your compatible smartphone or tablet. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device will need to be connected wirelessly to the same network router as the Cinema 1200 system. The Klipsch Connect app provides control functions, such as Sound Modes and Volume Level. The app is also used for network setup and firmware updates.
Backlit IR Remote: The included IR remote features motion-sensing back-lit LED buttons that light up as your hand approaches. This makes the system and remote easier to use in the dark. The remote provides the following control functions - Power On/Off, Source Input, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Front-Panel Dimmer, Sound Modes, Dialog/Night Modes, and Sub/Surround Level.
HDMI CEC: If your TV is connected to the Cinema 1200 soundbar via HDMI and your TV supports HDMI CEC, you can control the power, volume and mute functions of the soundbar speaker system from your TV's remote control.
Top-Panel Controls: Conveniently located top-panel controls on the soundbar include Power On/Off, Source Selection, and Volume Up/Down.
Front-Panel Display: The front-panel display indicates source selection, volume level, and audio settings. The front-panel display offers 3 brightness levels - High, Low, and Off.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch Cinema 1200 offers flexible mounting options for the soundbar, powered sub, and rear speakers.
- Active Soundbar Speaker: Measuring just at 3" tall, the soundbar speaker easily fits below your TV regardless if you are placing it on a table-top or mounting it on a wall. The soundbar includes two wall-mount brackets with keyhole slots and comes with a wall-mount template (wall-mount screws not provided).
- Wireless Powered Sub: Because the powered sub is wireless, it can be positioned almost anywhere up to 30' from the soundbar speaker. It is recommended that the subwoofer be positioned on the same wall as the soundbar. Corner placement will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
- Wireless Surround Speakers: The included wireless surround speakers can be mounted on speaker stands (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), placed on a tabletop, or positioned on a shelf. The included self-adhesive rubber feet protect your mounting surface and provide extra stability (the rubber feet add approximately 0.0625" to the overall height of the speaker). An integrated rear-panel 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker allows you to wall-mount the speakers using an optional mounting bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Power Requirements: The active soundbar, wireless powered sub, and both rear surround speakers will require AC power. Each one comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
7 questions already asked