About the Klipsch CP4
Looks great and sounds great
Looks great and sounds great
If you want great sound by the patio or pool, but aren't crazy about the idea of hanging big speakers from the eaves, a smaller speaker, like the Klipsch CP4, may be just the ticket. The CP4 keeps a low profile, is designed to mount vertically or horizontally, and the V-shaped rear of the cabinet can fit right into a corner. The speaker can even be painted to match your trim. A 3-1/2" long-throw woofer is paired with Klipsch's 3/4" 90° x 90° Tractrix® Horn in each speaker to produce great full-range sound without taking up too much space. Thanks to a weather-resistant design, the CP4 is well-suited to bringing your tunes outdoors when the weather turns sunny.
Most speakers don't include any. Learn more about in-wall wiring at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
The Klipsch CP4 features a hidden front-panel connection for speaker wiring.
- all-weather design allows speakers to stand up to the elements
- bass-reflex (front-ported) enclosure
- handles up to 50 watts
- frequency response: 80-22,000 Hz
- 3-1/2" woofer
- Tractrix® horn aluminum dome tweeter
- 8-ohm nominal impedance
- enclosures are paintable
- powder-coated aluminum grille with rotatable Klipsch logo for flexible placement options
- V-shaped cabinet allows for corner placement
- 1/4" threaded inserts for wall mounting with optional bracket
- 5-1/2"W x 8-3/4"H x 5"D
- weight: 4.8 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1016295
What's in the box:
- 2 Multipurpose speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Screws
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
Klipsch CP4 reviews
Great sound. The only negative aspect of the design is the need to remove the grille to connect the speaker wire. Initial installation is OK as the grilles are shipped loose. Once the grille snaps in to place, it is vey difficult to remove. The supplied tool broke in my case. Needed to use a small flat screwdriver, partially marred the housing.
0 of 0 found this helpful
The Klipsch CP4 They sound incredeble,4 in each corner of my garage, With a Klipsch 105 watt sub hooked up to a Yamaha recever, polk center channle and a laptop, Sounds Great !
Pros: Look cool sound great,really great with a sub !
Cons: Covers are a pain in the $@# to remove so. put them on after you hook them up
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the Klipsch CP4
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Injected-molded graphite|
|Power Range (watts)||50|
|Frequency Response||80-22k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
Multi-Purpose Speaker: The Klipsch CP-4 loudspeakers are designed to both withstand the rigors of outdoor use, while also complimenting any indoor décor as either a stereo pair or surround speakers in a home theater system. Built to either withstand the rigors of outdoor use or to provide a highly aesthetic look that blends perfectly into any indoor décor, the Klipsch Compact Performance Series CP-4 speakers provide a unique, multifunctional sound solution for any home.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Klipsch CP-4 employs exclusive Tractrix Horn technology with a premium, long-throw woofer for an amazing full-range sound.
- Horn-Loaded Dome Tweeter: Each CP-4 speaker features a 0.75" aluminum dome tweeter coupled to a Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging, and more powerful dynamics. The exclusive Klipsch 90°x 90° Tractrix Horn not only provides controlled coverage, reducing reflected sound which harms overall sound quality, but also gives you more sound output from the same amount of power input compared to other designs.
- IMG Woofer: Each CP-4 loudspeaker features a 3.5" IMG (injected-molded graphite) woofer for detailed midrange and punch midbass response. The woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Dual Ports: Two front-firing ports are used for greater efficiency and bigger bass response.
Weather Resistant Cabinet: The Klipsch CP-4 loudspeakers feature an anti-resonant, weather resistant, mineral-filled cabinet. The speaker also include weather resistant, powder-coated aluminum grilles (logos rotate). Both the cabinets and grilles are paintable.
Speaker Terminals: The two speaker screw-terminals are accessible from the speaker's front baffle; a rubber terminal protects the screw-terminals. Push the speaker wire through the middle channel on the speaker's back cabinet until its pushed through to the speaker's front baffle, and then attach the speaker wire to the screw-terminals using a philips-head screwdriver.
Mounting Options: The included wall-brackets let you mount the CP-4 speaker horizontal or vertical against a wall. The speaker's V-shaped profile even allows you to tuck the speaker into a corner using the included wall-brackets. The solid wall-mount bracket system assures a fast, easy, one-screwdriver installation. There are two keyhole slots on back of the wall-bracket (mounting screws not included). Once installed, you can adjust the angle of the speaker without any tools. The CP Series speakers also have two 1/4"-20 threaded inserts for attaching 3rd party wall-brackets (sold separately). In addition, the CP-4 multipurpose speaker can be simply placed on a shelf or stand.
Note: The CP-4 loudspeaker measures 5.5" (w) x 8.75" (h) x 5.5625" (d) with the wall-bracket attached.