About the Klipsch Cornwall III
Bring "big theater sound" to your living room
Bring "big theater sound" to your living room
With its ultra-high efficiency horn-loaded midrange and tweeter, and a massive, direct-radiating 15" woofer, the Klipsch Heritage Series Cornwall III easily delivers the full range of power and emotion behind your favorite records, music CDs, and concert videos. Originally designed as a "big brother" to the Heresy, the Cornwall III was first used as a center-channel speaker between two widely spaced Klipschorns. But this speaker's stunning performance allows it to truly stand on its own, providing a huge wall of sound that'll bring the house down. Once you've heard 'em, you'll never forget the sound of Klipsch's Heritage Series loudspeakers.
Classic Klipsch design
The Cornwall III's horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression drivers give it exceptional sensitivity, low distortion, flat frequency response, and broad, controlled dispersion. This translates to unequaled power, detail, and dynamics, the hallmarks of the classic Klipsch sound. Its 15" direct-radiating woofer provides the kind of deep bass impact that you can really feel, as well as hear. The Cornwall III's high sensitivity also makes it a great choice for low- and medium-powered tube amps. Plus, dual speaker inputs allow bi-wiring or bi-amping for even better performance.
A hand-built beauty
This speaker looks every bit as good as it sounds, featuring a handsome, furniture-grade woodgrain veneer cabinet. Klipsch still makes the Cornwall III one at a time by hand in Hope, Arkansas. Each speaker is available in a beautiful Cherry, Walnut, or Black Ash lacquered finish, and includes a detachable riser base to raise it off the floor if desired.
- handmade in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with bass reflex enclosure
- frequency response: 34-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts max continuous (400W peak)
- sensitivity: 102 dB (1 watt/1 meter)
- maximum acoustic output: 119dB SPL
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with Tractrix® horn
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- woofer: 15" fiber-composite cone
- real wood veneer finish
- includes detachable riser base
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts (bi-wire capable)
- 25-3/8"W x 35-3/4"H x 15-1/2"D
- weight: 98 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1007874
What's in the box:
- Floor-standing loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- "Congratulations" letter
- Klipsch brochure
Klipsch Cornwall III reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Cornwall III
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||1.75|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Woofer Composition||Fiber composite|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||34-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Cornwall III: The Cornwall was introduced in 1959 as a larger full range alternative to the Heresy as a center channel speaker in a three-speaker stereo array. It provides the full range bass response of the Klipschorn with sensitivity and output approaching the fully horn-loaded models. Like the Heresy, the Cornwall III is a three-way design utilizing horn-loaded compression drivers for midrange and treble frequencies and a direct radiating 15"woofer for the low frequencies.
3-Way Design: The Cornwall III utilizes a three-way design featuring a horn-loaded 1" titanium compression high frequency driver and a horn-loaded 1.75" titanium compression midrange driver, plus a direct-radiating 15" woofer for a combination of wide frequency response, low distortion, and high power output.
Book-Matched Wood Veneers: Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. Each pair of Cornwall III loudspeakers is grain-matched using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint - like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker a more aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory. Each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that each pair of speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
Dual Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Klipsch Cornwall III loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single/dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Corner Placement: The Cornwall III derives its name from being the first Klipsch loudspeaker designed to operate from either a corner or against a wall (corn/wall).
Heritage Series (Made in the USA): The Klipsch Heritage Series is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas. They are meticulously handcrafted and assembled using the finest quality materials, even down to the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners (no detail goes unnoticed). Each Heritage Series loudspeaker utilizes Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded technology to bring a live music listening experience into the home. All Heritage Series loudspeakers are available in a variety high-quality wood veneers. Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers are built to rock the house and stand the test of time. This is a speaker that will be handed down for generations to come,
4 Principles of Klipsch Sound: Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. They continue to drive the design of every new Klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked