About the Klipsch The Fives
A versatile, space-saving speaker system
A versatile, space-saving speaker system
Klipsch The Fives offer wired and wireless connections for music listening, plus an HDMI ARC port for upgrading TV sound. Each speaker features a bi-amped design for big, powerful sound, with 60 watts for each 4-1/2" woofer, and 20 watts for each 1" tweeter. The active speaker has top-mounted rotary dials for source selection and volume control. And left-handed folks will love this detail: the active speaker has a switch that lets you designate it as the left or right channel for maximum usability.
The Fives are equipped with built-in Bluetooth for convenience, but you'll find plenty of wired connections on the back of the primary speaker, too. There's an optical input and a Type B USB input for connecting a computer. High-res digital sources benefit from 24-bit/192kHz decoding for exceptional depth and detail. A stereo RCA input is provided, along with a switchable phono preamp for making a direct connection to a turntable. A handy 3.5mm input lets you plug in your mobile device.
And if you want a little more bass — of course you want a little more bass — theres a mono RCA output for connecting an optional powered subwoofer.
- Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX-HD® audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- built-in 24-bit/192kHz DAC for high-resolution digital audio
- real wood finish with tactile metal switches and knobs
- each speaker features:
- 1" titanium dome LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter matched with a 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn
- 4-1/2" long-throw woofer
- metal volume and source rotary control dials mounted on top of active speaker
- rear-firing bass-reflex Tractrix® port
- Dynamic Bass EQ gives you fuller bass at low volume
- bi-amped for excellent detail and accuracy
- 160 watts RMS total system power (60 watts per woofer, 20 watts per tweeter)
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- rear-panel switch lets you designate active speaker as left or right channel
- compact remote control included
Connections (back of active speaker):
- HDMI ARC port for connecting a compatible TV (cable included)
- optical digital audio input (2-channel PCM only)
- RCA stereo analog input
- switch for selecting phono or line input
- USB Type B input for connecting your Mac® or PC (cable included)
- USB Type A service port for firmware updates only
- 3.5mm stereo input for mobile devices
- RCA mono output for optional powered subwoofer
- active speaker connects to passive speaker with included 13-foot proprietary cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- speaker dimensions: 6-1/2"W x 12"H x 9-1/4"D (each)
- weight: 11.8 lbs. (active speaker); 10.7 lbs. (passive speaker)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1068024
What's in the box:
- Powered speaker (righ)
- Passive speaker (left)
- 68" AC power cord
- 13' Proprietary speaker cable
- 58" HDMI cable
- 59" USB-A to USB-B cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA batteries"
- Instruction Booklet
- "Need Help?" card
Klipsch The Fives reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch The Fives
Features & specs
|HDMI Input||HDMI ARC|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1|
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||4.5|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||160|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||320|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Built-In Amplification: The Klipsch Fives incorporate individual ultra-low noise amplifiers that are custom designed to maximize system performance and eliminate the need for external amplification. Klipsch engineers picked and tuned the components to be an absolute perfect match throughout, making the system sound incredibly immersive and complete. The Fives are also bi-amped resulting in improved clarity and output. The result is dynamic, room-filling sound. The Klipsch Fives has a total system power of 160 watts (80 watts per speaker). Each tweeter receives 20 watts, while each woofer receives 60 watts.
Note: The amplifiers are built-in to the "Right" speaker. A proprietary speaker cable is included to connect the "Right" speaker to the "Left" speaker.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch Fives features a two-way driver design with each speaker housing a a 1" titanium LTS vented tweeter mated to Tracitrix Horn, plus a 4.5" long-throw fiber composite woofer. Klipsch's Tractrix Horn tweeter design in combination with a high-excursion woofer delivers stunningly precise acoustics and enhanced bass performance.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound. A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- High-Excursion Fiber Composite Woofer: The 4.5" long-throw fiber composite cone woofers deliver accurate midrange and midbass frequencies, and surprisingly deep bass.
Hand-Crafted Cabinet with Tractrix Port: The Klipsch Fives feature a beautiful hand-crafted wood cabinet with a real walnut veneer or matte black painted finish, and come with acoustically transparent grilles that attach magnetically. Each speaker utilizes a rear-firing Tractrix port that is perfectly matched to the real-wood cabinet and woofer to create ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port; less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for more cleaner powerful bass.
Dynamic Bass EQ: Dynamic Bass EQ applies loudness correction to automatically adjust low frequency levels as volume changes. As the human ear perceives frequencies differently with variations in output, the Fives will dynamically match the ear's ability to hear lower frequencies. Typically, only available with audio/video receivers, dynamic volume is a first for Klipsch powered monitors. What you get is powerful bass whether the listening volume is low, cranked up or somewhere in between.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Klipsch Fives utilize a 24-bit/192 kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for flawless reproduction of HDMI, optical digital, Bluetooth, and USB high-resolution audio tracks.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Klipsch Fives are equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Fives. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions from the included remote.
- aptX-HD Compatible: In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC code and Apple's AAC codec, the Fives offers support for aptX-HD. aptX HD is an enhanced codec that supports 24-bit audio over Bluetooth and has been engineered to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in lower background noise. With the ability to support streams up to 24bit/48kHz, you're able to wirelessly stream from an aptX HD compatible device to the Fives without sacrificing sound quality and listen to "better-than-CD" quality audio.
- Multi-Pairing with Auto Re-Connect: The Fives can be paired with multiple Bluetooth source devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time. Once paired, the Fives will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Playback Control: Supported playback functions include Volume, Play, and Skip. Advanced playback control and song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth device.
- Your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop must also support aptX-HD in order to enjoy the benefits of Bluetooth aptX-HD.
- The Fives do not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
USB-B Input: The "Right" speaker of the Klipsch Fives features a rear-panel USB (type-B) input for connecting your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop. Through the Fives' USB connection, you are able to play music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop through the powered speaker system.
HDMI-ARC: Thanks to the HDMI-ARC jack on the "Right" speaker, you can connect the Klipsch Fives directly to your TV for high-resolution (up to 24-bit/192kHz), discrete 2-channel PCM sound. Your TV must also be equipped with an HDMI-ARC jack.
- A standard HDMI input will not transfer the TV audio signal to the Fives. Your TV must have a HDMI ARC input with the HDMI CEC function turned on.
- The HDMI-ARC jack does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, and other mutlichannel surround formats. Your TV will need to be set to PCM.
Optical Digital Input: The Klipsch Fives is fitted with an optical (toslink) digital input on the back of the "Right" speaker for connection to a digital audio device like your TV, Blu-ray, or CD player. The speaker's optical digital input will accept 2ch stereo PCM only (up to 24-bit/96kHz).
Note: The optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, and other mutlichannel surround formats.
Dual Analog Inputs w/ Phono Switch: The Klipsch Fives is equipped with two analog audio inputs on back of the "Right" speaker; there is one stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting a portable audio device with a headphone jack and one stereo RCA input for connecting an analog audio component. The stereo RCA input has a Phono switch which allows you to connect a turntable, so you can enjoy your vinyl record collection.
Sub Out: The Klipsch Fives features a mono-sub RCA output on the back of the "Right" speaker that allows you to connect a powered subwoofer for added bass response. Your powered sub should have its own low-pass crossover.
Controls: The Klipsch Fives offers top-panel controls, includes an IR remote, supports HDMI-CEC, and compatible with the Klipsch Connect App.
- Top-Panel Rotary Dials: There are two rotary dials on top of the cabinet of the "Right" speaker that control Volume and Source.
- IR Remote Control: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the powered speaker system, plus control of your Bluetooth paired devices. The remote offers easy access to system features such as dedicated source selection, volume up/down, play/pause, and previous/next track. Make sure to point the IR remote at the IR sensor on the "Right" speaker.
- HDMI-CEC Support: Thanks to HDMI-CEC, when you have the Fives connected to your TV via HDMI ARC, you are able to use your TV's remote to operate volume level of the powered speaker system.
- Klipsch Connect App: The Klipsch Connect app (for Apple iOS 12.4+ & Android OS 7.0+) lets you control certain functions of the Fives from your compatible smartphone or tablet. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device will need to be connected wirelessly to the Fives via Bluetooth. The Klipsch Connect app provides control functions, such as source selection and volume control.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch Fives can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. The Fives feature a cork pad on the bottom of the cabinets to secure the speakers in place and prevent any damage to your mounting surface.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
AC Power: The Klipsch Fives' "Right" speaker which is equipped with the built-in amplifier must be plugged into an AC power outlet using the included 68" detachable AC power cord.
8 questions already asked