About the Klipsch KA-1000-THX
Clean power for smooth bass
Klipsch's KA-1000-THX amplifier is designed as the perfect companion to the company's KW-120-THX passive home theater subwoofer. This full-featured Class D amp provides 500 watts of clean power for high-impact, low-distortion bass. And it can crank out 1,000 watts into a 4-ohm load for driving two high-performance subs. It also includes a built-in, defeatable low-pass crossover and level control, boundary-gain compensation switch, continuously variable phase control, and an auto power function for exceptional flexibility. Finished in black with a machined aluminum front panel and knobs, the amp's standard chassis width and handsome appearance allow it to fit in easily with your other components. Or you can hide it away in a cabinet to reduce clutter.
- for use with Klipsch's KW-120-THX passive subwoofer, sold separately
- 500 watts (mono) RMS into 8 ohms (1000 watts into 4 ohms when driving two subwoofers)
- can support two high performance KW-120-THX subs for full THX Ultra2 certified sound
- frequency response: 20-1,000 Hz (+0/-3 dB)
- high-efficiency Class D amplifier with massive toroidal power supply transformer
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- 2 gold-plated RCA line-level/LFE inputs
- 2 gold-plated RCA line-level outputs (pass through)
- THX on/off and boundary gain compensation on/off switches
- adjustable phase control from 0 to 180 degrees
- signal-sensing auto on/off mode
- two professional-style SpeakOn NL2 speaker outputs
- machined black aluminum face plate and knobs
- detachable AC power cord
- 17-1/2"W x 4-3/4"H x 12-1/4"D
- weight: 27 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1016569
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer amplifier
- 69" AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch KA-1000-THX
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||500|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||1000|
|Bridged Power per Channel||0 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||Speakon (NL2)|
Subwoofer Amplifier: The Klipsch KA-1000-THX is a high-performance, THX Ultra2-certified Class D digital power amplifier with a built-in subwoofer crossover. It is designed specifically to drive one or two Klipsch KW-120-THX subwoofers (sold separately) to maximum output without audible distortion or risk of damage.
Toroidal Power Supply: This high-performance amplifier has a massive toroidal power supply that is capable of delivering 500W into a 8Ω load or 1000W into a 4Ω load.
Controls: The Klipsch KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier has a built-in low-pass crossover, level control, variable phase control, boundary-gain compensation switch, and THX setting.
- Volume Level: The Level control is the volume setting for the amplifier. It is used in conjunction with the subwoofer output level control on your preamplifier or receiver. It is used to adjust the overall output level of your subwoofer system. If the THX control is set to the "On" position, this control will not operate. An LED status indicator is provided to tell you whether or not this control is operational - GREEN for active and RED for bypassed.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The Low-Pass Crossover control allows you to select the proper frequency at which your subwoofer system blends with your main speakers. It is selectable from 40-120Hz. You should set this control to the approximate low-frequency limit of your main left and right speakers. In a THX system, this setting would be 80Hz. If the THX control is set to the "On" position, this control will not operate. An LED status indicator is provided to tell you whether or not this control is operational - GREEN for active and RED for bypassed.
- Phase Control: The Phase control on the KA-1000-THX is continuously variable from 0˚ to 180˚. This control allows you to fine tune the performance of your subwoofer system by optimizing the blend with the main speakers. Basically, one of the positions will result in an audible increase in bass output depending upon room placement.
- Boundary Gain Compensation: The Boundary Gain Compensation switch allows you to fine-tune the low-end extension of the subwoofer system based upon room placement. In some room locations, the subwoofers low-end response may become exaggerated or boomy due to the increase in output from your room's acoustics. In this case, selecting the "On" position will restore the system to a flatter, less boomy response. If you are using a THX Ultra2 receiver or processor and you have selected "Ultra2" for the sub setting, the boundary gain compensation switch should be set to "Off.
- THX: The THX switch provides a means to bypass the crossover and level controls when using a THX preamplifier or receiver. In the "On" position, the crossover and level controls do not function. (In this configuration, your preamplifier or receiver will perform those functions.) In the "Off" position, the crossover and level controls operate normally. Be sure the volume level on your preamplifier or receiver is turned down before changing the setting of this switch.
Connections: The Klipsch KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier provides line-level inputs and line-level or speaker-level outputs.
- Line Level Input: The Line Level input consists of a pair of
gold-plated RCA jacks. Either one or both may be used. This input can
function as either a Line Level input or an LFE Input, depending on the position of the THX On/Off switch. When THX is On, the Lowpass Crossover is bypassed and the Line Level input effectively functions as an unfiltered LFE input.
- Line Level Output: The Line Level output consists of a pair of gold-plated RCA jacks. Either one or both may be used. This output is an unfiltered pass-thru of the Line Level input signal. It can be used to connect to a second KA-1000-THX amplifier or to connect back to your electronics if needed.
- Speaker Level Output: The Speaker Level outputs are two professional style Speakon NL2 connections. This is a simple connection that is easy to use and secure. This connection is repeated on the back of the subwoofer enclosure. If you are using two KW-120-THX subwoofers, connect the second one in the same fashion to the KA-1000-THX's second output jack.
Aluminum Front-Panel: The Klipsch KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier is finished in black with a machined aluminum front-panel and knobs.
Auto Power Function: The Auto Power switch has two settings - "On" and "Off". In the "Off" position, the Master Power switch turns the amplifier on or off. If you leave the Master Power switch in the "On" position and set the Auto Power switch to the "On" position, then the amplifier will automatically turn itself on and off when an audio signal is detected. There is a 2 second On delay and a 15 minute Off delay when using the Auto Power function.