About the Klipsch Klipschorn
The original home theater speaker
The original home theater speaker
They say that quality never goes out of style. That must be why, after well over 60 years in continuous production, the Klipschorn remains one of the most highly praised loudspeakers in the world. Originally designed by company founder Paul W. Klipsch to recreate the dynamics and excitement of a live orchestra in his living room, this beast of a speaker went on to set the standard for high fidelity in homes and theaters. With its ultra-high efficiency horn-loaded midrange and tweeter, and a patented 15" folded-horn woofer, the Klipschorn effortlessly delivers the full range of power and emotion behind your favorite records, music CDs, and concert videos. This speaker's stunning performance allows it to unleash a huge wall of sound capable of reaching concert hall levels.
Classic Klipsch design
The Klipschorn's horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression drivers give it exceptional sensitivity, low distortion, flat frequency response and broad, well-controlled dispersion. This translates to unequaled power, detail, and dynamics, the hallmarks of the classic Klipsch sound. Designed for corner placement, the Klipschorn uses your listening room's walls as an extension of its folded-horn bass cabinet, allowing it to provide the kind of deep bass impact that you can really feel, as well as hear. The Klipschorn's high sensitivity also makes it a great choice for low- and medium-powered tube amps. Plus, dual speaker inputs allow bi-wiring or bi-amping for even better performance.
A hand-built beauty
This speaker looks every bit as good as it sounds, featuring a handsome, furniture-grade woodgrain veneer cabinet. Klipsch still makes the Klipschorn one at a time by hand in Hope, Arkansas.
- handmade in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with horn-loaded enclosure
- separate upper and lower cabinets for easier setup
- frequency response: 33-17,000 Hz (±4dB)
- power handling: 100 watts max continuous (400W peak)
- sensitivity: 105 dB (1 watt/1 meter)
- maximum acoustic output: 121dB SPL
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" phenolic-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- midrange: 2" phenolic-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- woofer: 15" fiber-composite cone with a trihedral exponential folded horn
- requires corner placement for proper operation
- dual 5-way binding posts with bi-wire capability
- real wood veneer finish
- 31-1/4"W x 50-3/4"H x 28-1/4"D
- weight: 175 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1000882
What's in the box:
- Loudspeaker cabinet
- Subwoofer cabinet
- Owner's Manual
- "Congratulations" letter
- Klipsch brochure
Klipsch Klipschorn reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Klipschorn
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Woofer Composition||Fiber composite|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||33-17k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
The Klipschorn: Paul Klipsch's design goal was to reproduce the dynamics and excitement of a live symphony orchestra performance in his living room. An engineering breakthrough when it was introduced, the Klipschorn remains one of the most highly praised loudspeakers in the world and is the only loudspeaker that has been in continuous production for over 60 years. The Klipschorn is a testament to design that stands the test of time. With extremely high sensitivity, this three-way, fully horn-loaded loudspeaker features a folded tri-hedral bass horn that utilizes the walls and corners of the listening room as part of its design. This combination of attributes enables it to span more than nine full octaves with dynamic, smooth, ultra-low distortion sound.
- Corner-Horn Speaker: The Klipschorn has truly stood the test of time. Its patented low-frequency horn boasts a unique design which uses the floor and walls of the listening room to complete the horn, increasing the low frequency extension and efficiency. The original corner-horn loudspeaker's folded low frequency enclosure offers the most efficient use of space possible. Simply put, this is a basic design that cannot be improved according to the laws of physics
- Full Horn-Loaded: The Klipschorn is the only fully horn-loaded loudspeaker available to the consumer market which is designed to operate in a corner. With its three-way system, each driver is coupled to an exponential horn and optimized to operate in its individual pass-band. This allows the Klipschorn to be a staggering 10 to 20 times more efficient than other conventional loudspeakers - touting an unbelievable 105 dB sensitivity. Higher efficiency yields greater acoustic power, which is generated with considerably less effort from the loudspeaker's diaphragm. The result is the cleanest, most dynamic sound possible throughout the entire musical range.
Klipsch Principles: Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Built To Last: While each and every component of the Klipschorn is built to last, Klipsch has always recognized the unique and critical role of a loudspeaker's cabinet in the sound reproduction process. From the craftsmen in Hope, AR to the engineers in Indianapolis, IN, Klipsch has always put an extraordinary emphasis on cabinet design. Crafted from over a hundred wood panels, the Klipschorn enclosure is assembled using only the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners. This is a speaker you will hand down from generation to generation.
Book-Matched Pairs: Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Klipschorn. Each pair of Klipschorn loudspeakers is grain-matched, using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint (like turning the pages of a book). This gives each speaker an aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory, and each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that your Klipschorn speaker leaves the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
Dual Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Klipschorn loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Placement: The La Scala II will perform well in a variety of locations. However, corner placement will deliver the highest degree of low bass reinforcement. Best results will be achieved using the following general guidelines.
- Place on a common wall 6' to 15' apart and position them equidistant from the wall behind the speakers.
- Angle speakers toward the listener and even with or forward of any adjacent obstructions.
- Placing them near a corner or wall provides the greatest amount of bass while moving the speakers away from room boundaries reduces bass.
- Asymmetrical placement of a pair of speakers from adjacent side walls can smooth room-induced bass unevenness.
Note: Experiment with the above guidelines to suit your taste and to compensate for your room's acoustic characteristics.
Made in the USA: The Klipschorn is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas.
1 question already asked