About the Klipsch Reference R-10SWi
High-quality bass made simple
High-quality bass made simple
Klipsch knows how much fun it is to have your own home theater. They also know that running a long cable from your receiver to your sub can be challenging. So they've equipped the R-10SWi with wireless signal transmission — this power-packed sub can deliver deep, impactful bass anywhere you have a power outlet.
The wireless transmitter plugs into your receiver's sub output, and sends high-quality bass across the room.
How it works
This sub's "secret sauce" is how Klipsch transmits low-frequency effects. The included wireless transmitter plugs into the sub output on the back of your receiver (sometimes labeled LFE). Simply plug the transmitter and the sub into an A/C power source and you're ready to rock.
Wireless signal transmission offers flexible placement
There are two huge benefits to using a wireless subwoofer. Not having to snake a long sub cable across the floor keeps kids, pets, and gear safe. And having placement flexibility for your sub can significantly improve your system's bass response. We recommend trying your sub out in a few different spots around the room to see where you get the best performance.
Want some tips on getting the best bass in your room? Check out our subwoofer setup guide.
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- 150-watt RMS (300-watts peak) amplifier
- 10" high-excursion IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) front-firing woofer
- receives high-quality audio signals wirelessly
- pre-paired 2.4 GHz wireless transmitter included for connection to your receiver
- frequency response: 32-120 Hz
- MDF enclosure with brushed black polymer veneer finish
- variable low-pass crossover control
- phase switch
- auto on/off
- RCA line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- 12-1/2"W x 14-9/16"H x 17-1/16"D
- weight: 25.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1063513
What's in the box:
- Powered sub
- Wireless transmitter (attached 12" RCA cable)
- AC power adapter (attached 59" microUSB cable)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Owners Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Klipsch Reference R-10SWi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-10SWi
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Copper IMG|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||150|
|Frequency Response||32-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Wireless Receiver & Transmitter: The Klipsch Reference series R-10SWi powered sub features a built-in wireless receiver and comes with an external wireless transmitter that plugs into your AV receiver's LFE output. Thanks to this 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, your receiver can now send its LFE audio signal to the R-10SWi powered sub wirelessly (no subwoofer cable required between receiver and sub). Wireless range is approximately 30' at CD-quality level.
Note: Both, the powered sub & wireless transmitter will require AC power.
10" Woofer: The Klipsch Reference series R-10SWi powered sub is fitted with a powerful 10" copper-spun IMG (injected molded graphite) front-firing woofer for deep bass. The copper-spun IMG woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid, providing remarkable low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. The front-firing woofer gives you greater placement flexibility than a down-firing woofer.
150 Watt Amp: The Klipsch R-10SWi powered sub employs an all-digital 150 watt RMS (300 watt Peak) amplifier for high efficiency and dynamic bass performance.
MDF Cabinet: The R-10SWi is housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion.
Rear Firing Port: The R-10SWi's enclosure uses a bass reflex design with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass.
Controls: The level control, low pass crossover, and phase control allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system. After the sub's level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable lowpass crossover is adjustable from 40-120Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "handed-off" from your AV system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch powered subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Control: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0˚ or 180˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
LFE/RCA Inputs: If you prefer a hardwired connection, the Klipsch R-10SWi powered subwoofer is also equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labeled "LEFT/LFE". Set the powered sub's built-in crossover to "LFE" with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the "Left/LFE" and "Right" inputs on the powered subwoofer.
LED Indicator: The front-mounted LED power indicator lets you know when the sub is powered on or off. The LED will light green when the powered subwoofer is on and receiving a signal. If the LED is dark and not lit, the powered sub is off.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. For optimum performance, place your subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Please note that room placement can have a dramatic effect on the performance of your powered subwoofer. Corner placement, as suggested above, will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
43 questions already asked