About the Klipsch Reference R-115SW
Deep bass impact that you can hear and feel
Deep bass impact that you can hear and feel
With its 400-watt amplifier, 15" aluminum cone woofer, and slotted front port, the Klipsch R-115SW is a bass monster capable of filling even the largest home theaters.
Whether it's an explosion or earthquake on a Hollywood soundtrack, crisply plucked notes from a bass guitar, or the subterranean tones of a large cathedral pipe organ, the Klipsch R-115SW lets you hear and feel those extremely low frequencies that add realism and energy to your movies and music.
This subwoofer's high-output 400-watt amplifier pushes a 15" woofer made of a strong-yet-lightweight ceramic-coated aluminum for quick, precise movement, minimal distortion, and deep, bone-crushing bass even at concert-hall volume levels. The front slot port helps minimize turbulence for cleaner sound. And since the port is in the front, you won't hear unwanted "boominess" from sound reverberating off your walls and floor.
Easy system integration
Line-level and LFE (Low-Frequency Effects) inputs let you easily connect the R-115SW to almost any home theater or stereo receiver. Its back-panel volume, crossover, and phase controls help you fine-tune the bass to your liking, and blend its sound into your system. The sub comes housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. A front-mounted LED power indicator makes it easy to tell when the sub's powered up and ready to rock.
- 400-watt RMS amplifier (800 watts peak power)
- 15" front-firing Cerametallic cone woofer
- front slot port with internal flare technology for reduced turbulence and flexible installation
- frequency response: 18-125 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover
- phase switch to fine-tune the subwoofer to your main speakers and room
- line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- auto on/off
- compatible with the Klipsch WA-2 wireless audio adapter kit for an easy connection to a sound system
- durable MDF cabinet finished with brushed black polymer veneer
- 19-9/16"W x 21-9/16"H x 24-5/8"D
- weight: 75.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1060701
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8.5' AC power cord
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference R-115SW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-115SW
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-160Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||400|
|Frequency Response||18-125 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
15" Cerametallic Woofer: The Klipsch R-115SW features a front-firing 15" spun-copper Cerametallic woofer that is exceptionally light yet extremely rigid, while providing remarkably low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
400 Watt Amplifier: The Klipsch R-115SW powered sub employs an all-digital 400 watt RMS (800 watt Peak) amplifier for dynamic bass performance. The built-in all-digital amplifier delivers ample power with high efficiency and true-to-source accuracy in reproduction.
MDF Cabinet: The R-115SW is housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion.
Front-Firing Slot Port: The front-firing slot port with proprietary internal geometry minimizes port noise for clean undistorted low frequencies. This highly efficient enclosure design produces more output using less energy.
Controls: The level control, low pass crossover, and phase control allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system. After the sub's level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable lowpass crossover is adjustable from 40-160Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "handed-off" from your AV system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch powered subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Control: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0˚ or 180˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
LFE/RCA Inputs: The Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labeled "LEFT/LFE". Set the powered sub's built-in crossover to "LFE" with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the "Left/LFE" and "Right" inputs on the powered subwoofer.
WA Port (optional): The Klipsch powered subwoofer is fitted with a proprietary 4-pin "WA-Port" connector for wireless operation, using Klipsch's optional WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit (714WA2, sold separately). The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit consists of two components; a wireless Transmitter & wireless Receiver. The WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit makes adding the Klipsch powered subwoofer to your home theater system much easier, because it replaces the need for a separate subwoofer cable that traditionally must be connected between the receiver and the powered sub. Now, you can easily place your powered subwoofer where it both sounds and looks best in the room since you're not restricted by an audio cable.
LED Indicator: The front-mounted LED power indicator lets you know when the sub is powered on or off. The LED will light green when the powered subwoofer is on and receiving a signal. If the LED is dark and not lit, the powered sub is off.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. For optimum performance, place your subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Please note that room placement can have a dramatic effect on the performance of your powered subwoofer. Corner placement, as suggested above, will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
The Klipsch Reference R-115SW replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked