About the Klipsch Reference R-121SW
Big impact with a classic look
The Klipsch R-121SW subwoofer delivers detailed, hard-hitting bass and is a stylish addition to any living room.
Big impact with a classic look
Klipsch is at it again with their latest line of Reference speakers, coupling classic design sensibility with the excellent performance they're known for. The 12" R-121SW subwoofer gives you powerful, controlled bass output that'll liven up your favorite movies and music. This sub works perfectly with the rest of the Reference lineup, but it'll rock in almost any system.
An efficient and precise woofer
The sub's built-in 200-watt digital amplifier, reinforced enclosure, and expertly crafted woofer cone keep its bass reproduction true to the original recording. The copper-spun TCP (Thermoformed Crystalline Polymer) cone is light but rigid, giving you deep low-frequency extension with minimal cone breakup and degradation.
Keeping it simple
It's easy to integrate the R-121SW into your system. A line-level stereo RCA/LFE input lets you connect to most stereo or home theater receivers. And back-panel crossover, auto switching, and phase controls help you dial in the sub to match the room and the rest of your setup.
- 12" front-firing woofer made of spun-copper TCP (Thermoformed Crystalline Polymer)
- built-in digital amplifier delivers 200 watts RMS of continuous power (400 watts peak dynamic power)
- frequency response: 28-120 Hz
- bass reflex (ported) cabinet design with rear-firing port
- maximum output: 118 dB
- 3/4" MDF enclosure
- scratch-resistant textured woodgrain vinyl finish
- internal bracing for reduced vibration
- acoustically transparent low-profile grille
- adjustable low-pass crossover (50-160 Hz)
- phase switch (0/180°)
- auto on/off
- RCA line-level/LFE input
- front LED power indicator
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 16"W x 16-5/8"H x 20-15/16"D
- weight: 35.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (woofer), 2 years (amplifier)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1070408
What's in the box:
Klipsch Reference R-121SW owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Klipsch Reference R-121SW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-121SW
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Woofer Composition||Spun-Copper TCP|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||200|
|Frequency Response||28-120 Hz|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-160 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
200 Watt Class D Amp: The Klipsch R-121SW powered sub employs an all-digital 200 watt RMS (400 watt Peak) amplifier for high efficiency and dynamic bass performance. The built-in, all-digital amplifier of the R-121SW subwoofer delivers ample power with high efficiency and true-to-source accuracy reproduction; thus providing maximum output, detail, and power that fills your home.
12" Spun-Copper TCP Woofer: The Klipsch Reference III Series R-121SW powered sub houses a front-firing 12" woofer for deep, accurate bass. The high-performance 10" woofer features a revamped spun-copper thermoformed crystalline polymer (TCP) cone that is exceptionally lightweight and offers minimal cone breakup for detailed low frequency response and degradation-free distortion.
MDF Cabinet: The 12" spun-copper TCP woofer is housed in a durable MDF cabinet that is finished with a scratch resistant, textured wood-grain vinyl. Its reinforced 3/4" MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy; giving you the ultimate listening experience that's built to last. There are heavy-duty rubber feet on the bottom of the cabinet to help isolate the subwoofer from your floor. The included low-profile front grille adds a refined look and is acoustically transparent.
Rear Firing Port: The Klipsch Reference III Series R-121SW powered subwoofer's enclosure utilizes a bass reflex design with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass.
Controls: The level control, low pass crossover, and phase switch allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system. After the sub's level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable low pass crossover is adjustable from 40Hz to 160Hz/LFE. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "handed-off" from your AV system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch powered subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Switch: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0° or 180° in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
LFE/RCA Inputs: The Klipsch R-121SW powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your AV receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labeled "LEFT/LFE". Set the powered sub's built-in crossover to "LFE" with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the "Left/LFE" and "Right" inputs on the powered subwoofer.
LED Indicator: The front-mounted LED power indicator lets you know when the sub is powered on or off. The LED will light green when the powered subwoofer is on and receiving a signal. If the LED is dark and not lit, the powered sub is off.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. For optimum performance, place your subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Please note that room placement can have a dramatic effect on the performance of your powered subwoofer. Corner placement will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
3 questions already asked
Excellent value. If you need one or two, this is a no brainer. It's good enough for music and movies. Is as nuance as svs? No, but it's still a good sub.
Juan from Antelope , CA