About the Klipsch Reference R-14M
Classic Klipsch sound at a great value
Classic Klipsch sound at a great value
Over the years, Klipsch Reference has been one of our best-selling speaker lines. And for good reason — for decades Klipsch has been crafting high-quality speakers that offer powerful, lifelike sound. They've continued this tradition with their compact, affordable R-14M.
This bookshelf pair features Klipsch's legendary horn-loaded tweeter, which produces clear, detailed highs. A copper spun 4" woofer delivers solid midrange and bass response in the sturdy speaker cabinet. And 5-way binding posts offer easy, secure wire connections. Make them part of a two-channel music system that doesn't take up much shelf space. Or use a pair of the R-14Ms as the front channels of a compact surround sound speaker system.
Build a complete Reference system
Add more bass to the R-14Ms with a matching subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Reference speakers for high-impact home theater.
Bookshelves: Klipsch R-15M
Center channel: Klipsch R-25C
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-24F, Klipsch R-26F and Klipsch R-28F
10" powered subwoofer: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 64-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter
- 4" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- removable grilles offer a clean, streamlined look
- durable polymer veneer finish
- binding post speaker terminals
- 5-15/16"W x 9-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D
- weight: 7.13 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1061247
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Klipsch Reference R-14M reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-14M
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Frequency Response||64-24k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-14M bookshelf speaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0-inch aluminum tweeter with a linear travel suspension to minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
4" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker is outfitted with a single 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Flared Port: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker features a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. The port is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a brushed polymer veneer black finish that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is utilized because of its damping characteristics for natural, uncolored sound without unwanted vibration and distortion.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Mounting Options: The Klipsch R-14M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted.
- Rubber Feet: The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.1875" to the height of the speaker.
- Keyhole Slot: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Placement: For optimum performance, Klipsch suggests placing the bookshelf speakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of three floorstanding speakers (R-24F/R-26F/R-28F), two bookshelf speakers (R-14M/R-15M), one center channel speaker (R-25C), and one surround speaker (R-14S). The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the R-14M bookshelf speaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
5 questions already asked