About the Klipsch Reference R-14S
Klipsch speakers for rear-channel sound
Klipsch speakers for rear-channel sound
Have you ever been the first one in a movie theater, and had the chance to pick the best seat in the house? Having a home theater provides the same kind of lifelike surround sound experience that you get in that seat. And part of what makes that so enjoyable is hearing sound effects move around your living room the same way that they do in front of the big screen.
Cue the Klipsch Reference R-14S. These dynamic surround speakers have tweeters that face in different directions, creating wraparound rear-channel sound that lets the movie's soundtrack unfold all around you. Add these to your Reference system for a truly involving home theater experience.
Flexible placement options
Klipsch created WDST (Wide Dispersion Surround Technology) which helps you get immersive surround sound, even if you aren't able to position your speakers exactly where you want them. The R-14S uses two of their legendary horn tweeters in each speaker to deliver convincing sound effects. A 4" copper spun woofer takes care of mids and lows. These speakers have convenient key-hole slots on the back that makes wall-mounting a breeze.
Build a complete Reference system
Combine the R-14S with other Klipsch Reference speakers for a complete home theater system.
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-15M and Klipsch R-14M
Center channel: Klipsch R-25C
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-24F, Klipsch R-26F, and Klipsch R-28F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 83-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- dual 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horns with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeters
- 4" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- WDST (Wide Dispersion Surround Technology) provides maximum surround coverage and placement flexibility
- durable polymer veneer finish
- built-in keyhole mount for easy wall-mounting
- binding post speaker terminals
- 15"W x 6-11/16"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 8 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1060678
What's in the box:
- 2 Surroundf loudspeakers
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Klipsch Reference R-14S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-14S
Features & specs
|Bipole or Dipole||WDST|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||83-24k Hz|
|Height (inches)||6 5/8|
|Width (inches)||14 15/16|
|Depth (inches)||6 13/16|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST): The Klipsch R-14S surround loudspeaker delivers precise sonic detail through the careful positioning of two Tractrix Horn loaded titanium tweeters and one 4" woofer. By aligning the two horns at 90° with respect to each other, along with the woofer, the R-14S smoothly covers a 180° horizontal arc, allowing maximum placement flexibility. This unique Wide Dispersion Surround Technology delivers a new dimension of reality and convenience, and produces a smooth, seamless broad distribution of sound, which is the perfect vehicle for every surround format.
Dual 1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-14S surround speaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with two 1" aluminum LTS tweeters, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0-inch aluminum tweeter with a linear travel suspension to minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
4" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-14S surround speaker is outfitted with one 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The Klipsch R-14S surround loudspeaker employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate, and natural sound.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-14S surround speaker features a MDF cabinet with a brushed polymer veneer black finish that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is utilized because of its damping characteristics for natural, uncolored sound without unwanted vibration and distortion.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-14S surround loudspeaker comes with a non-removable, black cloth grille that is acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series surround speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Mounting Options: The Klipsch R-14S can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted.
- Rubber Feet: The surround loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.1875" to the height of the speaker.
- Keyhole Slot: The Klipsch Reference series surround speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Placement: The Klipsch WDST surround speakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position. Typically this will be about 5'-7' above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of three floorstanding speakers (R-24F/R-26F/R-28F), two bookshelf speakers (R-14M/R-15M), one center channel speaker (R-25C), and one surround speaker (R-14S). The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the R-14S surround loudspeakers with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked