About the Klipsch R-3800-W II
If you're looking for great sound but don't like the idea of conventional speakers taking up your floor space, check out the Klipsch® R-3800-W II. With a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a beefy 8" woofer, it can crank out the kind of big, room-filling sound that satisfies serious music lovers. Yet, thanks to its hideaway in-wall design, you'll barely know it's there — until you fire up your tunes, that is. Install multiple R-3800-W IIs in your family room for a clutter-free home theater, or use a pair for stereo music.
Ready, aim, music!
The pivoting horn lets you direct clean highs toward your favorite listening spot, for a broad soundstage with well-defined imaging. And a tweeter level switch helps you tailor the sound to suit your personal taste and room's acoustics.
Horn technology for room-filling sound
Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them right toward your ears. Klipsch places their aluminum tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn." This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The pivoting Tractrix® horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Slimmer chance of being seen
The '3800-W II keeps a low profile with its SlimTrim™ grille. The visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over previous designs, for a nearly flush finish that blends in beautifully. The paintable aluminum, magnetic grille attaches securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
An optional in-wall bracket is recommended for installing the R-3800-W II in new construction.
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with pivoting Tractrix® horn
- 8" IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofer
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- frequency response 46-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 93 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- treble attenuation switch
- paintable SlimTrim® magnetic grille
- IR receiver knockout hole allows for infrared repeater
- cutout dimensions: 14-3/4"H x 9-1/8"W
- mounting depth: 3-7/8"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1014131
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Klipsch R-3800-W II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch R-3800-W II
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 50|
|Parts Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
High Efficiency: The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-wall speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 93dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Klipsch R-3800-W II uses a rigid 1" aluminum compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a large 8" IMG woofer in a tw0-way design.
- Tweeter: Combined with the Tractrix Horn, the 1" stiff, yet lightweight, metallic diaphragm works in conjunction with a precise phasing plug at the horn throat to create a very efficient driver with excellent transient response and lack of distortion. The new Linear Travel Suspension assures the most precise diaphragm excursion, increasing high-frequency detail and smoothness. Klipsch horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion. The horn's +/- 15° pivoting capability allows its 90° x 60° dispersion pattern to be aimed directly at the main listening area. This feature sends more direct sounds to the listener and less reflected sounds for more detailed sound, wider dynamics and better vocal clarity.
- Woofer: The 8" IMG (injection molded graphite) woofer cone has been strengthened for even more accurate bass reproduction.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
Tweeter Attenuation Switch: If the speaker is installed in an acoustically bright room, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, you can attenuate the tweeter by -3dB, using the Tweeter Attenuation Switch, located inside the basket.
ABS Basket/Frame: The R-3800-W II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille: With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Power Specifications Note: The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 50 watts RMS (200 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 100 watts.
Installation: The speaker can be installed in new or existing construction. It requires a cutout of 9.125" wide x 14.75" high. For new construction, purchase of the IK-800-W installation kit (714IK800W, sold separately) is highly recommended. For existing construction, the speaker should be installed in drywall (or other mounting surfaces) at least 3/8" thick.
IR Knockout: A 1/2" diameter knockout panel is provided in the lower left hand corner of the speaker frame for installing an IR sensor.
The Klipsch R-3800-W II replaces these items
2 questions already asked