About the Klipsch Reference R-51M
High-quality performance for music and movies
High-quality performance for music and movies
Looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers that rock your music playlists and movie night? Then check out the Klipsch Reference R-51M. This solidly built bookshelf pair features Klipsch's famous horn-loaded tweeter, which produces clear, detailed highs. You'll also enjoy solid bass response thanks to the copper spun 5-1/4" woofer and rear-firing port.
Gold-plated binding posts offer easy, secure speaker wire connections. The R-51Ms perform beautifully in a two-channel music system or as the front channels of your home theater setup.
Build a complete Reference system
Add more bass to the R-51Ms with a matching subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Reference speakers for high-impact home theater.
Bookshelves: Klipsch R-41M
Center channel: Klipsch R-34C and Klipsch R-52C
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-41SA
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F, Klipsch R-620F, and Klipsch R-820F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-100SW and Klipsch R-120SW
- frequency response: 62-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- power handling: up to 85 watts RMS (340 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter
- 5-1/4" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- removable grilles offer a clean, streamlined look
- durable wood grain vinyl finish
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- 7"W x 13-5/16"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 11 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065839
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference R-51M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-51M
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Frequency Response||62-21k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-51M bookshelf loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
5.25" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-51M bookshelf speaker houses a single 5.25" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Flared Port: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker features a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. The port is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-51M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-51M bookshelf speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch R-51M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-51M bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position. Typically this will be approximately 5' to 7' above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked