About the Klipsch Reference R-52C
No more disappearing dialogue
No more disappearing dialogue
I want to hear movie dialogue clearly, even if the starship's engines are rumbling and instrument panels are exploding under a barrage of enemy fire. The Klipsch R-52C delivers accurate, audible dialogue along with detailed, lifelike sound effects.
A horn-loaded tweeter provides a full, clear front sound stage. And two copper spun 5-1/4" woofers deliver solid, authentic bass for on-screen special effects. It's the perfect center channel to anchor your Reference surround sound system.
Build a complete Reference system
Combine the R-52C with other Klipsch Reference speakers for a complete home theater system.
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F, Klipsch R-620F and Klipsch R-820F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 89-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" copper spun IMG woofers
- removable grille offers a clean, streamlined look
- durable wood grain vinyl finish
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- 18-13/16"W x 7-1/16"H x 7-11/16"D
- weight: 7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065836
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference R-52C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-52C
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||89-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-52C center channel loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Dual 5.25" Copper-Spun IMG Woofers: The Klipsch R-52C center channel speaker houses two 5.25" Copper-Spun IMG woofers. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-52C center channel speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-52C center channel speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series center channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Klipsch R-52C can be placed on a speaker stand, TV stand, or shelf. The center channel speaker should be placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen. The center speaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
The Klipsch Reference R-52C replaces these items
- two 5-1/4" woofers and a horn-loaded 1" aluminum diaphragm tweeter
- horn-loaded tweeter delivers "front row" sound
- frequency response: 82-24,000 Hz
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?