About the Klipsch R-5502-W II
The Klipsch® R-5502-W II provides rich, room-filling sound for both music and movies without taking up an inch of floor space. The hideaway in-wall design and a paintable grille integrate seamlessly into just about any room. Install multiple R-5502-W IIs IIs oriented vertically or horizontally in your family room for a clutter-free home theater, or use a pair in your bedroom, den, or home office for high-performance stereo music that won't detract from your décor.
This speaker's two rigid 5-1/4" woofers deliver surprising bass and clear vocals. The pivoting horn tweeter lets you direct clean highs toward your favorite listening spot.
Horn technology for focused room-filling clarity
Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them toward your ears. Klipsch places their tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn," which disperses the highs evenly across your listening area. This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Slimmer chance of being seen
The '5502-W II keeps a low profile with its SlimTrim™ grille. The visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over previous designs, for a nearly flush finish that blends in beautifully. The paintable aluminum, magnetic grille attaches securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
An optional in-wall bracket bracket is recommended for installing the R-5502-W II in new construction.
Got wire?Most speakers don't include any. Learn more about in-wall wiring at the Crutchfield Learning Center. Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- pivoting Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" Cerametallic woofers
- Wide Dispersion Surround Technology
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- frequency response 46-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 92 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- IR receiver knock-out for remote repeater systems
- paintable SlimTrim magnetic grille
- cutout dimensions: 6-1/2"W x 16-3/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1014132
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Klipsch R-5502-W II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch R-5502-W II
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Cutout Size||6.5 x 16.375|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 75|
|Parts Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
High Efficiency: The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-wall speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 92dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2.5-Way Speaker Design: The Klipsch R-5502-W II uses a premium 1" Titanium compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with dual 5.25" Cerametallic woofers in a 2.5-way design where one woofer produces only low frequencies,while the other woofer produces mid and low frequencies.
- 1" Titanium Tweeter: The R-5502-W II utilizes a 1" Titanium dome compression tweeter mated to a 3" square, pivoting Tractrix Horn, which disperses the sound 90° horizontally and 90° vertically into the room. The horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The horn-loaded tweeter pivots +/- 15° to allow you to point the sound to a specific location, and has more controlled directivity than a conventional dome tweeter.
- Dual 5.25" Woofers: The R-5502-W II employs dual 5.25-inch Cerametallic woofer cones for fast, accurate sound with dynamic detail. The dual woofers utilize solid Aluminum diaphragms, anodized to add stiffness and provide perfect damping, and have a new hi-tech look that also delivers increased rigidity for even tighter, more defined bass. The new integrated dust caps further strengthen the cones and help ventilate the voice coils for increased driver durability.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
Tweeter/Mid-bass Attenuation Switches: If the speaker is installed in an acoustically bright room, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, you can attenuate the tweeter by -3dB, using the Tweeter Attenuation Switch. If the speaker is located in a corner and produces too much bass, you should adjust the Mid-bass level switch (-3dB). Both switches are located on the front of the speaker.
ABS Basket/Frame: The R-5502-W II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille: With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Power Specifications Note: The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 75 watts RMS (300 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 130 watts.
Dual Orientation: The R-5502-W II in-wall speaker can be mounted horizontally or vertically; and can be used as a front, center, or rear speaker.
New or Pre-Existing Installation: The in-wall speaker can be installed in new or existing construction. It requires a cutout diameter of 6.5" wide x 16.375" high, with a mounting depth of 3.375". A cardboard template is supplied to measure cutout opening. For existing construction, the speaker should be installed in drywall (or other mounting surfaces) at least 3/8" thick. The Klipsch in-wall speaker features six sure-grip mounting dogs (clamps) that provide even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability. For new construction, purchase of the IK-502-W installation kit (714IK502W, sold separately) is highly recommended.
IR Knockout: A 1/2" diameter knockout panel is provided in the lower left hand corner of the speaker frame for installing an IR sensor.
The Klipsch R-5502-W II replaces these items
3 questions already asked